Default English cockpit option

pngflyer

A question for CptSmiley...

Really enjoying the Mirage. I know there was talk a while back about implementing a default English cockpit for the UAE variant, and I'm wondering if this is still planned? I realise there is a mod, which requires JSGME but I'd really like to avoid JSGME if I can as I like to keep things simple.

Whatever the case, thank you for the fine ac which is the Mirage 2000C. I'm just struggling with the French is all...

pngflyer

A question for CptSmiley...

Really enjoying the Mirage. I know there was talk a while back about implementing a default English cockpit for the UAE variant, and I'm wondering if this is still planned? I realise there is a mod, which requires JSGME but I'd really like to avoid JSGME if I can as I like to keep things simple.

Whatever the case, thank you for the fine ac which is the Mirage 2000C. I'm just struggling with the French is all...

pngflyer

I have several English Cockpit Mods in use for Su-25T, SU-25A, KA-50 & the VIGGEN.

I have placed them in the Liveries Folder in my User-Savegame Directory, like all Addon-Liveries. Works and dorsn't require the use of JSGME. JSGME is however really easy to use, once you understand how-to.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Unfortunately my English cockpit mod will not work with the M-2000C when installed in the Saved Games folder, because it requires a modification to entry.lua to enable the cockpit livery scan.

Once someone from RAZBAM updates the lua code for the Mirage, then JSGME or similar will not be required.

To be honest, we've been expecting a RAZBAM-provided English cockpit option for a while. My mod was only supposed to be a short-lived endeavor for a few months, but now it's been almost 2 years.

Unfortunately my English cockpit mod will not work with the M-2000C when installed in the Saved Games folder, because it requires a modification to entry.lua to enable the cockpit livery scan.

Once someone from RAZBAM updates the lua code for the Mirage, then JSGME or similar will not be required.

To be honest, we've been expecting a RAZBAM-provided English cockpit option for a while. My mod was only supposed to be a short-lived endeavor for a few months, but now it's been almost 2 years.

This drives me crazy. Can we push them again to let us use the English cockpit mod?

A great thing I would like to see, is your English cockpit mod packaged along with an english Checklist.

BTW putting the whole M-2000C-CPT folder in "Saved Games\DCS\Liveries" and, at least for now, the mainpanel_init.lua.M-2000C were it should be according with the mod, it works.

Hoping Razbam add those 2 lines in future version

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."tools.lua")

livery = find_custom_livery("M-2000C","default")

• 2 months later...
BTW putting the whole M-2000C-CPT folder in "Saved Games\DCS\Liveries" and, at least for now, the mainpanel_init.lua.M-2000C were it should be according with the mod, it works.

Hoping Razbam add those 2 lines in future version

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."tools.lua")

livery = find_custom_livery("M-2000C","default")

Correct, but because of those required lua changes, I still have to package it as a base-install-modifying mod.

Once RAZBAM fixes that, as you pointed out, it will happily live in Saved Games.

--gos

+1

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 5 weeks later...

I use your English mod using JSGME. Works great.

Have had this module for some time. Finally getting to learn this aircraft.

Just bought a Kindle Fire HD 10. The .pdf flight manual, Chuck's Guide, and checklists have gone into it as my kneeboard.

I wonder if there is an App that can convert English text to French for those looking to do it?

Your English mod is a life saver for me.

Thank you.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if there is an App that can convert English text to French for those looking to do it?

Your English mod is a life saver for me.

Thank you.

There are apps built on the google translate platform and others that'll do translation, but I don't have much experience with them. In general, they get the job of translation done, but don't create anything that is written like a native-speaking author would write.

You're welcome, appreciate the positive feedback.

--gos

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I haven't been able to get the English Cockpit Mod for M2kC to work since the 2.5 update. Is there a work around for this? Please and thank you in advance...

Edited by 108

+1

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

So looked through everything tonight, and my English cockpit works fine for me in the current open beta, DCS 2.5.0.13818.311.

If you removed your old options.lua, please make sure that you re-select "EN by Gospadin" as the cockpit option in the M-2000C special configuration settings.

If you did your upgrade without removing my cockpit mod first, make sure that you run a repair then re-install my cockpit mod again using JSGME or OVGME.

Also please make sure you're using version 0.93.

--gos

Correct, but because of those required lua changes, I still have to package it as a base-install-modifying mod

I’m assuming that this fails IC? I almost bought this module just now. If English cockpit passes ic I think I will.... otherwise I’ll pass.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

I’m assuming that this fails IC? I almost bought this module just now. If English cockpit passes ic I think I will.... otherwise I’ll pass.

As of right now it passes IC. I cannot make any promises that it will pass in the future though.

If either an English cockpit or IC-safe cockpit mods are important for your purchase of the module, you need to express that to RAZBAM, as I have no control over either.

--gos