LOck On Dedicated Server

Yes but hyperlobby is not what i`m m searching for.

I´m searching for something that can be installed in a remote server which have a high bandwith. (like a counter strike dedicated server.)

This way the server can host several airplanes, and all players are clients.

In Hyperlobby one player must be the server, and here in Spain we only have 300 kbps upload bandwidht. This limite the flyable players to 7. If there more the ping will increased to 1200 ms. Normal with 5 players is 40 - 90 ms.

Thanks

Yes but hyperlobby is not what i`m m searching for.

I?m searching for something that can be installed in a remote server which have a high bandwith. (like a counter strike dedicated server.)

This way the server can host several airplanes, and all players are clients.

In Hyperlobby one player must be the server, and here in Spain we only have 300 kbps upload bandwidht. This limite the flyable players to 7. If there more the ping will increased to 1200 ms. Normal with 5 players is 40 - 90 ms.

Thanks

Oh, ok. Like in GTR2 or BF2. Nope, there aren't any.

Will ED develop a Dedicated server ?? Shall anybody make a Linux Dedicated server for Lock On ??

The game is great but with a dedicated server will be the best of the best of the best of the best ..........

Imagin a mission of 32 players ..... 16vs16 Russian 27s vs USA 15s....... uauuuuuu :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• ED Team
Will ED develop a Dedicated server ?? Shall anybody make a Linux Dedicated server for Lock On ??

The game is great but with a dedicated server will be the best of the best of the best of the best ..........

Imagin a mission of 32 players ..... 16vs16 Russian 27s vs USA 15s....... uauuuuuu :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to disappoint you but there is not in developement and no one in near future...

Although there is no dedicated server as such, there have been a few efforts to improve the level of automation of the server. The unfortunate and seemingly unavoidable fact is you must render directx video on the server, which means you need a server with a directx card (can be expensive and hard to find with a hosting provider), and that you waste a CPU.

The two automation tools so far are:

Dedmac: (google it) mission rotation

LODC: (my attempt at automation)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=17794&highlight=LODC

LODC does a bit more than just lockon server automation. I wrote it to extend functionality already found in Dedmac.

It would be interesting if somebody found a way to avoid the directx rendering. I'm pretty sure it could be done somehow, though the time and effort required might outway the benefit.