SU33 COOP/carrier spawning question

blueskunk

hi

i want to create a simple carrier training mission for myself and my buddy.

my question is, does anyone know of a workaround where 2 pilots can spawn on the carrier with full fuel and to take-off from the rear take-off position?

after some testing i found out this:

if we both spawn on the deck we will automatically spawn on the 2 forward take-off positions. this means we can only take 50% fuel in order to do a short take-off. when both pilots spawn on the carrier with 100% fuel there isn't enough space to do a u-turn and taxi back to the long take-off position.

we did try spawning one after the other, where the first guy spawning would taxi back to the rear position then wait for the second guy to spawn and taxi back too. this, unfortunately didn't work. even though the first guy was at the far end of the deck the second guy couldn't spawn on the carrier.

funny enough when an ai plane lands and comes to a stop really close behind the forward take-off position it is actually possible to spawn onto the carrier.

i appreciate any input.

In the mission editor try increasing the Carrier's speed to at least 40kph with a headwind of at least 5m/s. We are able to takeoff from the front launch points at 32,000kg which includes a good missiles and/or bombs loadout with 80-85% fuel. This is on the Caucasus map in the latest ver 1.5.7

You can do it like you said, by spawning in one-at-a-time and taxiing to the rear most point near the wires, but you have to wait for quite some time for the second player to be allowed to enter. In the meantime the first player has used a lot of fuel flying around waiting. Better to takeoff together with 80-85% fuel I think? :thumbup:

You can also try... move forward some, towards the ramp, before you begin your hard turn to taxi back to the rear takeoff point(s). This way you won't hit each other.

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

hi

i want to create a simple carrier training mission for myself and my buddy.

my question is, does anyone know of a workaround where 2 pilots can spawn on the carrier with full fuel and to take-off from the rear take-off position?

No, and there is no need to do any of that at all, in your mission, give the carrier a speed of 59km/h, point it into a head wind, and give the weather a 10 m/s wind speed or higher, and follow correct take off protocol for the new Su-33 PFM (All listed in the supplied link below).

after some testing i found out this:

if we both spawn on the deck we will automatically spawn on the 2 forward take-off positions. this means we can only take 50% fuel in order to do a short take-off. when both pilots spawn on the carrier with 100% fuel there isn't enough space to do a u-turn and taxi back to the long take-off position.

we did try spawning one after the other, where the first guy spawning would taxi back to the rear position then wait for the second guy to spawn and taxi back too. this, unfortunately didn't work. even though the first guy was at the far end of the deck the second guy couldn't spawn on the carrier.

funny enough when an ai plane lands and comes to a stop really close behind the forward take-off position it is actually possible to spawn onto the carrier.

i appreciate any input.

To take off at maximum load, just follow the advice in this thread below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3256607&postcount=12

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.