refueling

rogonaut

does anyone else have troubles with refueling? i hav no problem with other planes - not perfect but it works for me. the m2000c on the other hand is quite nasty to handle, im always behind my recent input the fly by wire feels very delayed and i get mad cause i cant freakin keep the connect :D shouldnt it be easier to refuel with fbw?

does anyone else have troubles with refueling? i hav no problem with other planes - not perfect but it works for me. the m2000c on the other hand is quite nasty to handle, im always behind my recent input the fly by wire feels very delayed and i get mad cause i cant freakin keep the connect :D shouldnt it be easier to refuel with fbw?

Turn the FBW off and you'll see how much easier it is ro fly :smilewink:

It is a bit tricky at beginning. Do small inputs and before connecting, try to be stable.

Use the FBW charge mode and anticipate the movement that will be needed.

The difficulty does not come from the FBW in itself, it's just that, with its wing configuration, the M2000 attitude changes takes more time to change the aircraft path than other aircrafts.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

It depends.

It's true that when you turn FBW off, it's easier to refuel but if you are too slow or too fast, it's difficult to control the plane.

My suggestion ( how I do this every time ):

- FBW Spin Mode Switch - NORM ( so, FBW it's turned on ! )

- FBW G-Limiter Switch - STORES ( usually, I got weapons so STORES but even I have nothing, I set it from A/A to STORES before air refueling - the plane is more stable but there's sound warning and CONFIG light turns on ).

The best way to learn:

Use IL-78 because it has got lights which can help you. S-3B doesn't have them so it's more difficult, it's faster and the cable is shorter which makes air refueling more difficult because you're also in less distance to tanker.

Once, because of air refueling, I did my mission. It took 7 hours!

Targets were in other places of the map.

I took off at 8 p.m and landed at 3 a.m.

2 R550

2 Fuel tanks

4 MK-82

1x2 GBU-12

1 UAV to intercept [R550]

1 MiG-23 to intercept [R550 + gun]

( with help of AWACS because all these planes I set as hidden on map )

1 group of vehicles to destroy with help of JTAC [GBU-12]

1 tunguska to destroy with help of JTAC [GBU-12]

1 oil platform near Sochi to destroy [MK-82]

1 factory building added to the north of Crimea [MK-82]

1 factory building added to the place where Bulgaria is in real [ MK-82 ]

1 oil platform added to northern Turkey [MK-82]

JTAC's targets were destroyed at day and one oil platform too but the rest of targets were destryoed at night with the help of thermovision mod.

I took fuel in the air 4 times - 1 IL-78M at eastern Black Sea and 1 S-3B at central Black Sea. I love to refuel during night with high wind and beginning of storm. <3

Edited by Valium

FBW Spin Mode Switch - NORM ( so, FBW it's turned on ! )

This switch does not turn off the FBW, it mainly allows the plane to have a bigger roll rate. it is used to recover from spins.

You CAN'T turn off fly by wire, there is no switch that allow that. Some switches allow emergency modes.

FBW G-Limiter Switch - STORES ( usually, I got weapons so STORES but even I have nothing, I set it from A/A to STORES before air refueling - the plane is more stable but there's sound warning and CONFIG light turns on ).

You can silent the sound warning with the "PANNE" button.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I am not having difficulties on A-A refueling the Mirage, really enjoying it but i believe it is refueling very fast or am i wrong, once connected with about 20% fuel left feels like jus 1 min then it is fully refueled while, i am aware that it have smaller tanks than the F15 and the SU33 but still feels very fast to me.

Agreed. I have no IRL knowledge on fuel flows on the real deal things, but I also refueled in just over a minute being down to about 400kg fuel ... and it does feel fast.

With my fitted external tank on that should be about 3700kg fuel in 68 seconds. If it's correct, holy crap :)