Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Virpil site, this will be available as of tomorrow.

https://virpil.by/en/shop/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle-vpc

Is that correct?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

According to the Virpil site, this will be available as of tomorrow.

https://virpil.by/en/shop/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle-vpc

Is that correct?

Yup they stated that there was a small delay and pre-ordered items will begin to ship out June 4th as well as availability to also buy the throttle, warBRD base, etc without preorder.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Being fair, I'm going to wait for the unit with the analogue mini-hat. All the same, looks like we're seeing progress.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

What's the final price? 329 Euro?

What about PayPal payment method?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

They just announced another delay. :noexpression:

https://virpil.com/en/blog/132-vpc-pre-order-and-factory-update

I got two requests I hope they could possibly make happen now with the extra time.

1. Make the 4way + Push Hat able to be easily removed and swapped out for a analog, that way we can just have the best of both world.

2. Please make a Couger MFD holder for the desktop mounts.

They just announced another delay. :noexpression:

https://virpil.com/en/blog/132-vpc-pre-order-and-factory-update

I got two requests I hope they could possibly make happen now with the extra time.

1. Make the 4way + Push Hat able to be easily removed and swapped out for a analog, that way we can just have the best of both world.

2. Please make a Couger MFD holder for the desktop mounts.

Is the delay specific to the throttle or does it also include the warBRD base? Bummer.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

A little more notice would have been good.

Being fair, gives me more time to save up for the analogue mini-hat version.

Virpil has responded to my email: The mode selector button does indeed give you five modes with individual mapping. It WILL NOT include multiple modes for the stick at it's initial release but this is planned for a future software update which should apply to all versions.

Appears to me that assuming they get the mini-stick on the throttle and the software update does indeed happen giving 5 modes across the full HOTAS this will become the most functional and adaptable setup available. This has just jumped to the top of my short list.

Not happy here, ordered about a month and 1/2 ago when I ordered the Mongoose stick. I have received the stick and I love it so far. I also have the crosswind pedals on the way.

I now am thinking of getting a refund and getting the thrustmaster throttle. anyone have an opinion on how it compares? your opinion. I really don't want to wait another month till the nest delay.

I guess a better question might be, will I be giving myself problems with setup by combining three different manufacturer's products. I.E. Virpil Stick, Crosswind pedals and Thrustmaster Throttle?

I guess a better question might be, will I be giving myself problems with setup by combining three different manufacturer's products. I.E. Virpil Stick, Crosswind pedals and Thrustmaster Throttle?

No you wouldn't, looking in my sig. ;) And my TM Throttle will be replaced ASAP with the Virpil Throttle, which is pre-ordered. 1 month waiting is no problem for me, considering that i bought the VKB gunfighter base and over 1 year later there is still no grip for my version :music_whistling: , i'm going full Virpil now. :joystick: :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Not happy here, ordered about a month and 1/2 ago when I ordered the Mongoose stick. I have received the stick and I love it so far. I also have the crosswind pedals on the way.

I now am thinking of getting a refund and getting the thrustmaster throttle. anyone have an opinion on how it compares? your opinion. I really don't want to wait another month till the nest delay.

Someone once told me: "The quality item remains long after the price paid is forgotten."

I ordered the T-50 stick/base/throttle a week ago, so I guess I'll just wait a bit more. Nothing else to be done on my side. Hopefully the stick and mounts come sooner but I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder if the throttle production is also pushing the release of the other preorder items like constellation Delta or warBRD base. Would be nice to get some more information on that.

If you absolutely need a throttle now I recommend the warthog throttle. Besides the virpil one it's the best one you can get right now. I wouldn't recommend the warthog stick due to the gimbal. Mine is sticky and it's not even a full year since I've had it. I'm not too convinced to take it apart and regrease it either. I would probably break something and then I'd just have to buy another one.

The warthog throttle has more than enough inputs and hats/ 3 and 4 way position switches for basically any aircraft. I wish the vpc throttle had a few more 4 way hats with push and a ministick. That would be very ideal. I do need a new stick.

Waiting on my warBRD base and t50 grip now is going to suck even more since I thought it would begin shipping tomorrow. I'm glad they have at least updated us rather than staying quite so I guess I will wait some more..it's not like vkb has stock here in US..they haven't had the mcg pro since April.

Oh and you will have zero issues using different brand peripherals. Don't worry about that, everything is going to work together. The only difference will be updating firmware.

sze5003, do you own right now the Warthog throttle ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

No issues with mixing different devices.

My opinion how Warthog throttle compares to VIrpil one? Warthog throttle is much better, massively better, I'd say. Reason is it you can buy it and it's in production, can't say that about Virpil one. I am going to refund if they delay one more time, which I think it's going to happen, unfortunately.

Edited by mdee

sze5003, do you own right now the Warthog throttle ??
Yes I have the warthog throttle and stick. I have had my set for almost a year. Next month will be 1 year since I bought it. Throttle is solid and has enough inputs. The stick is, ok because of the gimbal but the warthog grip is very nice. I've only had to replace the DMS switch once.

Yes I have the warthog throttle and stick. I have had my set for almost a year. Next month will be 1 year since I bought it. Throttle is solid and has enough inputs. The stick is, ok because of the gimbal but the warthog grip is very nice. I've only had to replace the DMS switch once.

Thank you

I have the Saitek X56 throttle, but i don't like it

Would like to get the Virpil one but it's too expensive

How is the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, when you have it at max tighten?

Mine is moving forward, very very slow. I opened already, removed some grease, but didn't help much

It's generally slower than usual because I like having the friction slider up for better control. I don't keep it at max friction since it is also heavy to move but mine has always been this way.

Doesn't bother me at all because I loosened the friction recently and it's quick enough now.

Yes, that seems strange to delay so far out a day away from shipping. It makes me wonder what its going on. They couldn't have been that far off.

I wonder if they will ship any out as they get them or stock pile till the 9th of July.

Yes, that seems strange to delay so far out a day away from shipping. It makes me wonder what its going on. They couldn't have been that far off.

I wonder if they will ship any out as they get them or stock pile till the 9th of July.

From the Virpil blog: Small scale production has already started at our factory, and shipments will start sooner - but as everything comes together and the final pieces are put in place we will ramp up to full production on July 9th after which the bulk of pre-order shipments will be dispatched.

So, it would seem some may be sent earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

So at last i decided to order the T50 base and the T50 Throttle:) it would fit great in my Su27 cockpit.

Now the wait begins:)

Cheers,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

So, what about the release date?

9th of July, or earlier?