Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

Availability: out of stock

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will order it today, i wonder how long would take the delivery

Thank you, nice review, by the way

I preordered May the 10th and my order is still being processed aka not shipped yet. So you can guess how long it will take before you get yours if you order today.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I preordered May the 10th and my order is still being processed aka not shipped yet. So you can guess how long it will take before you get yours if you order today.

:no_sad::no_sad::no_sad:

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That's an excellent review by Ralfi. Now you guys know why he took so long, he spent a few weeks using it. That's how you do an actual, PROPER review that is useful. I watched one review, the guy had it less than two hours and was already sending it back, nitpicking over a handful of minor but in his mind "DISASTROUS" flaws. I get it, but at the same time, a review with that little to go on is useless.

Good job to Ralfi! Someone in the comment's section there mentioned the new gen Russian fighters this is based on have the slew everybody is talking about on the stick grip rather than the throttle. So, theoretically, if you have a "full set" you'll have the "right stuff", it's just repositioned because Russia.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

They don't have it on the stick either so the set isn't going to give it to you. The Virpil stuff isn't being sold as entry level and you're going to get some criticism when you fail to deliver price point expected features; like a slew control.

Agree the review was good. Also agree with the reviewers conclusion, despite the flaws this appears to be the best consumer grade throttle available. Well... Available was admittedly a poor choice of words. :)

Enjoyed the review very much. I wonder if he will share his bindings for the A10C on that throttle. As he mentioned he has everything bound for that aircraft on this throttle, in a Reddit post.

I will definitely be in the market for replacing the warthog throttle once I have more issues with it. But I'm going to miss the side throttle switches for the brake and China hats. Definitely will wait to see what the mini slew version looks like.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The following is a gross exaggeration...

"These guys suck, they delay and delay and never ship."

"I preordered and a whole week later still no shipping notice"

"They said shipping next week and it's next week, why don't I have my throttle? I'm so canceling my order. Never buy anything from these jerks"

***Throttle arrives a week later***

"This thing is awesome, you should totally get one. Virpil are super great, buy everything Virpil"

Seems to be the normal phases for any new equipment. :bounce::furious: :joystick: :thumbsup:

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

The following is a gross exaggeration...

"These guys suck, they delay and delay and never ship."

"I preordered and a whole week later still no shipping notice"

"They said shipping next week and it's next week, why don't I have my throttle? I'm so canceling my order. Never buy anything from these jerks"

***Throttle arrives a week later***

"This thing is awesome, you should totally get one. Virpil are super great, buy everything Virpil"

Seems to be the normal phases for any new equipment. :bounce::furious: :joystick: :thumbsup:

:thumbup:

Rafli's review is minimizing the issues with the throttle that are for him, understandably, issues that he can overlook. I personally cannot.

At the beginning of developpement that throttle has been annouced around the 239€ mark. Now it's at around 400€ delivered.

I'd be willing to overlook things around 250€ but the way I see it, at such a high price point as currently it has to be perfect and flawless in terms of quality, functionality and customer care. It simply isn't and suffers from flaws that aren't acceptable at that price point. I was about to order one but I'll have to pass for that reason.

I don't want to piss on the parade but apart from the joy of getting on the last piece of tech which I love as much as the next guy, a second-hand Warthog throttle will give you immensly more bang for buck and they are out there ready for you to pickup anytime.

The biggest value to that throttle imho is to wake up a market that's been stagnating for ages. Hopefully things will get moving and competition will kick in to drive the prices down or the quality/functionality up.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think too many of you take Ralfi's joking list of cons to heart. Every person here has critiques and preferences which is fine, and every other person is like *WAVING HANDS* It doesn't come in teal? That is simply UNacceptable, industry standards! *WAVING HANDS*

Until recently, only the Warthog had a slew, afaik, now Saitek has a crappy one. That's kind of the opposite of 'standard'. For that matter the Warthog has a lot of the same half baked internals as the other older devices, the Thrustmaster offerings at this point can only claim 'well, we're better than Saitek usually'. It was only ever otherwise because of a lack of competition.

Everything has its fanbois, I suppose, it's just funny the people who tout it over a single button and a metal grip that is unrelated to quality aside from not being to break something you nornally would never break anyway lol

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Ralfi's review confirms that it's a fine quality product. Apart from the HOTAS functionality it provides a lot of buttons plus some axes on its base which is very useful especially for modern aircraft. The lack of the slew control is a pity, especially when you consider the price. Personally I have the TM WH throttle and it has never failed me (yes, the slew control sucks but I got used to it).

Frankly I believe this product, as nice as it is, is overpriced. It's manufactured in a country with very low labor cost and I would expect a price at the same level as the Warthog throttle.

If and when my throttle dies of old age I will probably go for the VIRPIL product; but until that happens I'm not really tempted.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It seems to be a very good throttle, but unfortunately, out of stock

:)

I don't want to piss on the parade but apart from the joy of getting on the last piece of tech which I love as much as the next guy, a second-hand Warthog throttle will give you immensly more bang for buck and they are out there ready for you to pickup anytime.

I just got a used Warthog throttle on eBay and luckily it works and is in good shape. I received it with an almost fully cut USB cable (it was sent wrapped vertically around the throttle so I presume the weight and the sharp edges caused it), but it worked after a rather shoddy wire soldering job.

Quite happy that the TARGET software can easily combine it with the Cougar stick base and it's a vast improvement over the Cougar throttle functionality wise (though I really feel TM should have added a rotary control on the front of it like the Hornet one has, Warthog or not).

The biggest value to that throttle imho is to wake up a market that's been stagnating for ages. Hopefully things will get moving and competition will kick in to drive the prices down or the quality/functionality up.

Good point. I'm really curious to see what VKB will do with theirs when it finally gets finished, especially regarding those extra panels in front which I miss from my Saitek X65 (which can easily mount those extra flight panels from Saitek; the biggest problem being that Saitek stupidly never incorporated them in their SST software so that they can be seemlessly combined with their HOTAS).

Virpil throttle has some nice touches (like the mode button and the programmable lighting), though I'm not sure how flexible the programming software is. The flexibility of the TARGET scripts is what drew me into getting my Cougar stick modded instead of selling it unused, so I hope Virpil and VKB will have a powerful programming software as well.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Even though I am looking forward to getting my hands on this new throttle, I don’t think you are pissing on the parade. You’ve given good reasons for your view. And you make a good point about the Warthog throttle.

Excellent point. Be great to get some more high quality throttles out there.

Even though I am looking forward to getting my hands on this new throttle, I don’t think you are pissing on the parade. You’ve given good reasons for your view. And you make a good point about the Warthog throttle.

Excellent point. Be great to get some more high quality throttles out there.

There is one coming from VKB, probably around 2025. I'll definitely get it if I am still alive by then ;)

VKB damn, the concept of their throttle was great but god know when it will be launched.

Virpil throttle has some nice touches (like the mode button and the programmable lighting), though I'm not sure how flexible the programming software is. The flexibility of the TARGET scripts is what drew me into getting my Cougar stick modded instead of selling it unused, so I hope Virpil and VKB will have a powerful programming software as well.

AFAIK should be quite flexible. Unfortunately I don't think it will be as good as CH's (imo it has the best scripting language).

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Frankly I believe this product, as nice as it is, is overpriced. It's manufactured in a country with very low labor cost and I would expect a price at the same level as the Warthog throttle.

If and when my throttle dies of old age I will probably go for the VIRPIL product; but until that happens I'm not really tempted.

They are charging what they think the market will bear and the market has already spoken, the pricing is not too high. This isn't to say I disagree with you, only the utter lack of competition allows for the pricing and lets them get away with an incredibly poor customer service and buying experience.

If there was anything else out there VKB and Virpil would be cease to exist if they operated as they do now. Words that have earned me ire when posted here before but that makes them no less true. Even in this thread right here, right now, people speak of the VKB throttle as a competitor and yet they have said no earlier than the holidays and if their track record tells us anything it is that they will be much later and you wont be able to get one anyways. That and the ancient Warthog with much lower quality internals are the competition to the Virpil. I don't count the Logitech or other cheaper offerings because at less than half the price for both stick and throttle they are not competitors in this up market price point.

It's not a buyers market and Virpil could sell a lot more if they had them to sell. They don't but that's grist for a different thread.

They are charging what they think the market will bear and the market has already spoken, the pricing is not too high. This isn't to say I disagree with you, only the utter lack of competition allows for the pricing and lets them get away with an incredibly poor customer service and buying experience.

If there was anything else out there VKB and Virpil would be cease to exist if they operated as they do now. Words that have earned me ire when posted here before but that makes them no less true. Even in this thread right here, right now, people speak of the VKB throttle as a competitor and yet they have said no earlier than the holidays and if their track record tells us anything it is that they will be much later and you wont be able to get one anyways. That and the ancient Warthog with much lower quality internals are the competition to the Virpil. I don't count the Logitech or other cheaper offerings because at less than half the price for both stick and throttle they are not competitors in this up market price point.

It's not a buyers market and Virpil could sell a lot more if they had them to sell. They don't but that's grist for a different thread.

Sounds like they are pretty much relying on the funds from the pre-orders to be able to produce these throttles. Will be interesting to see if they build up some inventory, or just keep running in pre-order batches going forward.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good review. It would be nice to see someone get into the meat of her ;) curious to see the mechanics. And as Ralfi stated, the weak detent might be an easy fix/mod.

A little fragment:

114846330_T-50Throttle09.thumb.jpg.30f77c3fabc41b8d4254794c47e92482.jpg

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

After seeing this image:

img_9135.jpg

the question is: how do mount the throttle on the Desk Mount, without it's plate new plate (by its description is totally optional but from the picture it seems quite necessary)? :huh:

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

After seeing this image:

img_9135.jpg

the question is: how do mount the throttle on the Desk Mount, without it's plate new plate (by its description is totally optional but from the picture it seems quite necessary)? :huh:

There are four small mounting holes under the throttle. Watch Ralfidude's review....clearly shown.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

The 4 corner holes on MT50 throttle match tose of Warthog. So if you have a MT Wathog base those should match.

I would expect that MT50 throttle needs some more separation from the mounts because of different lever poditioning.

It might be that the inner holes match the base mount holes (I'd expect that actually) but cannot check yet - I am still waiting for the throttle to ship. I have preordered the new mounting plate as well, though.

After seeing this image:

img_9135.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

i7-8700K, GTX 1080Ti, 2x16Gb DDR4, 250Gb Evo 970 NVMe, 1Tb Evo 970 NVMe, HTC Vive Pro, BRD-F3, VPC MongoosT-50 base, grip and throttle