Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

Just adjusted mine, small allen key, using the short side for leverage and just past finger tight worked for me... its pretty simple once you see the adjustment in operation...

Edit:

My views after around 4 hours on it...

• Easy to set up and adjust...
  • Throttle silky smooth, balanced with friction easily minutely adjustable from the side with an Allen (hex) key
  • 2x detents per throttle, easily set from underneath with an Allen (hex) key.
  • All 6 axes (including the left throttle rotary and the 2 base rotaries) very smooth no spikes..
  • All buttons, switches and decoders working as expected. Sure for the likes of the Garmin you need a Mod to the airframe default lua but that applies to any decoder with this module.
  • Meets and exceeds expectations, good job Virpil..

My Pit is tailored for VR only predominantly with all Helos and a few fixed wing airframes mainly the Harrier. Fits in perfect... Pic in the spoiler...

p1050110.jpg

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The T-50 is finally back! I have also found a solution for Virpil's ultra-heavy throttle:

cockpit_0918.jpeg

You probably won't see it there, but it's sitting on the side of my chair. I am using a small box (similar to the one you see on the T-50 desk mount) to fill the gap between the throttle and the chair: the throttle is now even more stable and I've also eased the stress on the desk.

Also, I haven't tighten the 4 screws under the throttle completely so it can slide and use less room when I'm not using it.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Everything fine with the throttle in DCS, but tried to map axes and buttons in IL2 1946 and only got response from some buttons. Tried the vpc_joymapper from the tools folder, but did not help. Joytokey also doesn't work as it can map 32 buttons max per Stick.

When will there be a documentation for the software as I can't understand some things.

Anyone here with an idea for 1946?

Everything fine with the throttle in DCS, but tried to map axes and buttons in IL2 1946 and only got response from some buttons. Tried the vpc_joymapper from the tools folder, but did not help. Joytokey also doesn't work as it can map 32 buttons max per Stick.

When will there be a documentation for the software as I can't understand some things.

Anyone here with an idea for 1946?

I think you'll get a better response over on IL2's forums.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I hear you but discussing other manufacturers products is a big no-no!

Send an email to support@virpil.com. I'm sure Cyph3r will get you sorted

Edited by MustangSally

I have ordered one of these throttle because last year I bought the joystick and please beleave me Thustmaster warthog is much better it is certified by the U.S Airforce and in addition there is a strong software and also support after sale ….

the joystick as well as the throttle are nice specially the throttle heavy build with metal but the software is a nightmare so stick with your warthog and soon they will lunch the F18 stick/grip

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.e00a01671cf9a5f2ed2fb82659bf4fbc.JPG

IMG_0195.thumb.JPG.5384f9ef1214a7a173946cbbafa141ff.JPG

IMG_0196.thumb.JPG.fab3abd262fca4a566a4bb60ba9bee0b.JPG

1. Not certified but licensed by the USAF.

2. The Virpil T-50 stick is head and shoulders above the Warthog...all alloy/steel, better springs with tension adjusters and finally replacement cams.

3. The software is quite immature and will get better over time.

4. I have no opinion on the throttle as mine hasn't arrived yet.

I haven't received my shipping notice as yet....28 June

I have ordered one of these throttle because last year I bought the joystick and please beleave me Thustmaster warthog is much better it is certified by the U.S Airforce and in addition there is a strong software and also support after sale ….

the joystick as well as the throttle are nice specially the throttle heavy build with metal but the software is a nightmare so stick with your warthog and soon they will lunch the F18 stick/grip

I don't mean to be rude, but this feedback is very poor. The software is actually decent and suprisingly fexible despite being still heavily WIP. Of couse you need to RTFM. The road to CH Products' level is still long though.

So, no mention to the gimbals (the main reason why someone would by Virpil or VKB), how custimizable it is, cams, springs, etc? You just mention the material so people would conclude that the main reason why you didn't like Virpil stuff is because of the plastic grip.

Ergo sorry, but with such a poor review it's hard to beleave you. Add more info and impressions to your review :)

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Shipping notice received. Looks like Virpil are nearly through the intl June orders.

Shipping notice received. Looks like Virpil are nearly through the intl June orders.

Luck you, I'm still waiting for my T-50 base that I ordered on 06/25 :music_whistling:

I asked for a refund for the throttle but Cypher told me that even so it would not change the shipping time.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Luck you, I'm still waiting for my T-50 base that I ordered on 06/25 :music_whistling:

I asked for a refund for the throttle but Cypher told me that even so it would not change the shipping time.

Hit him up on Discord....easier to contact than here.

As we're working through the queue in order so whether or not your order had the throttle it would come in at the same place. We're right on the heels of your order now though :thumbup:

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw Cyph3r, my extension order did get shipped with the throttle.....shipment notice arrived a day later. Thanks for all your help.

Wow, thanks Cyph3r, also I received a mail about my refund for the throttle, thanks. Waiting for my T-50 base!

As we're working through the queue in order so whether or not your order had the throttle it would come in at the same place. We're right on the heels of your order now though

By Tapatalk + Samsung S9

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Cyph3r, will my order be delayed longer because I ordered the T-50CM flightstick along with the thottle? I placed my order on June 24 and haven't received any shipping notices yet. Thanks.

Edited by Torch
*Edit - Recieved shipping notice Sep. 17, thanks

Just arrived. Spent a good part of last night assigning keys etc. Definitely a jump up from the warthog.

Oh and smooth handles!

9Uo4MN.jpg

Got my e-mail on the 17th of this month that my throttle is on it's way. (WhooHooo) At the same time I also went and purchased me some MFG Crosswind pedals. 6 days later from Croatia to my doorstep here at the bottom of New Zealand I get a package. I open it and it's my pedals that cost 59 euro to ship. Im sure I paid more than that to Virpil to ship on the same day and all I've got for tracking is "left Export Office". How long have people waited to receive their gear from time of shipping to doorstep?