Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

Mine took 8 working days By to Aus (doorstep)

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine took 8 working days By to Aus (doorstep)

8 days from shipping notification is fast! I'm from Singapore. I hope it gets here in 8 (working??) days too!

Currently 2018-09-27 00:00 MINSK EMS, Item sent from the Office of exchange (Otb)....

Sally, do you mind sharing your delivery update text here?

Thank you!!!

Looks like I'm just a few days away from receiving my hotas!

What about import GST\tax? Did you pay it to the deliveryman before he releases the item or what?

Nil import duties or GST.

JoyToKey and T-50 Throttle

If anyone also wants to configure the buttons and switches with more options like I was used to, JoyToKey was "the solution". :joystick:

But with this great Vipril product I got into trouble with the software, as it supports "only" 32 buttons. In the minimal configuration we have 49 buttons with this throttle!

So I wrote to the developer of JTK and he answered the next day with a link to the new beta version of the software which now supports up to 128 buttons!

Now I'm able to have many options for every button, like keyboard emulation, auto repeat, toggle between on and off, switch between different assignments, double or even multi click of a button, long and short click, mouse emulation, shift function (like the dialbutton already does) and even more.

If you want to get more out of this super throttle, you could try this software.

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

I would like to try software like this but I am searching for software that does what the target software script does like CHAIN and TEMPO, etc. I don't think the software you are using does this does it?

Joystick Gremlin and mentioned Joy2Key both can do what you want

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks mdee et al. I'm looking very forward to getting the stick, base and throttle. In the last week alone I had to resolder twice and found a broken, yet somewhat repairable, metal part on my TM stick. Everyone always talks about how much the like the TM being made of metal but it's clearly cheap pot metal. I think I'd take a good quality ABS plastic over the TM metal on the stick

The metal stuff is nice in theory, but the heavy weight requires stronger springs, especially when using an extension. The plastic grips are a bit less hassle for that sort of thing.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I have both Warthog and T-50 grip and prefer plastic a lot. I wish we could get the same quality western like grip (F-18).

IMO metal is pure marketing thing, it doesn't really add anything except a feel of "expensive/quality".

I have both Warthog and T-50 grip and prefer plastic a lot. I wish we could get the same quality western like grip (F-18).

IMO metal is pure marketing thing, it doesn't really add anything except a feel of "expensive/quality".

I prefer the Warthog grip to the T-50 ergonomically. If there were a good quality plastic replica of the WH grip, I'd probably prefer it, but I'd still insist on a metal lever, the plastic one on the T-50, especially with the fact that it's an axis, lacks feel. The plastic flxes, and I have a tough time knowing when the button is actuated, and when it is fully at the end of the press. The metal level on the WH feels much more precise in that I know when it has pressed the button. I've been tempted to get someone to make a metal version of the T-50 lever more than once...

Otherwise, if the T-50 actually had a 4 ways +push at the thumb, I'd happily ditch the wathog grip.

Z...

The T-50 lever is supposed to feel this way, all in all it's primarily an axis. The button is there for backwards compatibility, or for applications where a button makes more sense, and it activates halfway through the travel range, not at the end. I'm not even sure if there's a physical button, or it's just a software trick.

Though I admit I have the CM version of the stick, and the guys have redesigned the lever quite a bit, so it doesn't flex.

But I agree on the ergonomics, Warthog is unbeatable. Also the Virpil stick build quality is average, not as solid as Thrustmaster (not talking about metal vs. plastic, but parts fitting, panel gaps, etc.).

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Guys, this thread is about the THROTTLE! Post anything about the stick where it belongs!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can you please advise on the current expected availability dates for the Throttle and also if there’s any news on the mini-stick version?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I think Cyph3r mentioned the end of October. Mini-stick is a long way off i think. I have no issue with using one of the digital hats to control the TD on the F-18....nice and smooth.