Data Panel - TID - Output

MBot

According to the manual, the data panel in mode TID output should display various data when holding down the waypoint buttons (current time on LS, TOT on B1-B9). The problem is that in game when you release the waypoint button, the data panel continues to display this data. By the logic of the manual this should only occur during pushing the button down and upon release, the display should return to output [remaining time to take off/flight time/time error] (whatever is applicable).

According to the manual, holding down waypoints B1-B9 should display 000000 if they are not target or ingress points. In game they display 051000.

• 1 month later...

I did more testing... it seems flight time starts not at mission start but spawn time. And even if two clients then try to set same takeoff time after spawning (not using editor set one), it is impossible to sync clocks.

If you enter popup waypoint, target waypoint display resets to 051000 (mach number). Is this intended?

I did more testing... it seems flight time starts not at mission start but spawn time. And even if two clients then try to set same takeoff time after spawning (not using editor set one), it is impossible to sync clocks.

If you enter popup waypoint, target waypoint display resets to 051000 (mach number). Is this intended?

The mission time starts with the spawn of the plane. I have noticed some problems with TOT too. How should we sync TOT on a multiplayer session? I can't set the TOT correctly with the data cartridge file.

• 9 months later...

The output on the datapanel shows how much you are currently off in the time-schedule, and the HUD fin shows how much you will be off when you arrive at the waypoint, so two different things.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 2 weeks later...
In addition, there is also a problem with the TOT fin. Note that the TID indicates I am 21 seconds behind schedule while the fin in the HUD advises that I am too fast.

That picture shows exactly what you say. It's not right to me!

The output on the datapanel shows how much you are currently off in the time-schedule, and the HUD fin shows how much you will be off when you arrive at the waypoint, so two different things.

I don't understand what you mean. How are they 2 different things?

Have we misunderstood Viggen's time keeping function?

What you say is: if MBot will keep the current speed, -21sec behind time schedule to B1, the Fin will show he's to fast when he arrives at B1. That doesn't make any sense? How can 2 sensors show one to fast & the other to slow over B1?

According to you, what's the Fin there for? What difference does it show compared to ck37 time keeping function? He can't be both to slow & to fast approaching the B1?

As I understand it:

The Fin should show exactly the same deviation as the CK37 time deviation to next WP (B1). Fin should be coupled to CK37's timekeeping function to the next WP. It's a help for the pilot's timekeeping to next WP.

(So the pilot doesn't have to look down to much, when he's flying 20m above ground).

So if MBot is -21sec behind time schedule to B1. The Fin should should show he's to slow to B1....no?

From the manual: "For time keeping purposes the fin indicates a time deviation rather than an airspeed as such." The maximum deviation is one fin-length, which corresponds to a deviation of about

20-30% of the remaining flight time to the target."

"Current time and timekeeping information is displayed both in the data panel and in the HUD with the Airspeed Deviation Fin."

"Time keeping is displayed as normal on the HUD with the airspeed deviation fin and in the data panel in mode TID/ OUT."

"The airspeed deviation indicator will indicate the relative airspeed to required airspeed for arriving at the entered time or a reference airspeed in certain modes.

The fin will move up and down depending on the current airspeed compared to the set reference speed (ingress speeds, landing speed etc.).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Think of it like this:

Your schedule for B1 is to overfly it at 10:00, and B2 at 11:00. You are right now at a distance exactly between B1 and B2 and the clock is 10:30. The time-deviation in the CK-panel will show 0 because you are "on schedule". BUT, the distance between B1 and B2 is 1000km which means your planned speed is 1000km/h but you are only flying 500 km/h, and this means you will arrive at B2 15 minutes late. So the fin on the HUD will be low indicating that you should speed-up. If both the fin and the ck-panel shows no time-devation you are both "on schedule" AND at pre-planned speed. Hope that explains it a bit! I believe the explanation in the manual could maybe need some expansion.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Think of it like this:

Your schedule for B1 is to overfly it at 10:00, and B2 at 11:00. You are right now at a distance exactly between B1 and B2 and the clock is 10:30. The time-deviation in the CK-panel will show 0 because you are "on schedule". BUT, the distance between B1 and B2 is 1000km which means your planned speed is 1000km/h but you are only flying 500 km/h, and this means you will arrive at B2 15 minutes late. So the fin on the HUD will be low indicating that you should speed-up. If both the fin and the ck-panel shows no time-devation you are both "on schedule" AND at pre-planned speed. Hope that explains it a bit! I believe the explanation in the manual could maybe need some expansion.

This I understand, everything is as it should be.

But how do you explain MBot's picture. What doe's the high/fast Fin tell him? That he will arrive at a to fast speed, compared to his planned speed, at WP? & -22sec late?

Is the Fin only for inputted FP speed reference?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

If I understand this correctly, MBot's picture say that he probably flew to slow or longer route than planed to get to that point (where he is in the picture), so he is 21s behind. Now, at some point before the picture he speed up. With this new, higher speed he would not only catch up on the 21s delay, but actually be ahead of schedule ones he arrive at the next waypoint.

The time indication TID are telling MBot he is behind schedule AT THE POSITION HE IS RIGHT NOW.

The fin is telling MBot he WILL be AHEAD OF SCHEDULE AT THE TIME HE ARRIVES ON THE NEXT WAYPOINT if he keep the speed he has RIGHT NOW.

(not screaming, only emphasizing)

The TID is based on the PAST.

The fin is based on the PRESENT and FUTURE.

What he can do is to keep his higher speed until TID is zero, then slow down slightly to make the fin indicate correct speed.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5