OHOH New F-14 Model screenshoot

Ghostrida9

• 3 weeks later...

MYGod that is BEAUTIFUL! The model and shape looks spot on from what I can tell so far!

Could we perhaps have a few more quick screenies of the plane from different angles?

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Cool, at least we'll have the original Tomcat fueltanks, in place of Viper tanks! - great work Gys. :thumbup: :thumbup: Looking forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

• ED Team
Here some shots of new fueltanks WIP and some other minor changes

screenshot111al2.th.jpg

screenshot112nd5.th.jpg

А как на счет такой штуки?

Tactical Air Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS) pod after being downloaded from an F-14 Tomcat

tarps-1.thumb.jpg.db39b7cfb298beccdbd79a86cca4fe22.jpg

tarps.jpg.2ec8d391bc6108aa41fb8b3106840b83.jpg

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice stuff :) The only question is, does it replace the F-16 tank or did you manage to add it to the sim?

And good to hear you're doing allright too :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

???? if it was for AI then why is he making it......let alone my squadron be using it........

...um...precisely for that reason, to replace the pathetic current AI model. Why can't beautiful models be made to replace AI models? They still look bad ingame and need treatment too. Why was that Mirage F-1 made by knellknell for the AI?

Anyway, SURE you can make it flyable by using that ingame config file value swap thingie, but that is in no way calling it a "flyable."

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...um...precisely for that reason, to replace the pathetic current AI model. They still look bad ingame and need treatment too.

Well just for your information, he is making it for the whole community to use and fly because the original F-14A in lomac completely sucks and is poorly modelled, that is what Gys doesnt like. He is the kind of guy that just wants to give the community free stuff he creates on his own time to help out.:)

Why can't beautiful models be made to replace AI models? They still look bad ingame and need treatment too.

Because maybe people want to actually fly a beautiful jet in a game.:smilewink:

How do beautiful models still look bad in the game? explain.

Why was that Mirage F-1 made by knellknell for the AI?

Any model can be made to be used for anything. The only reason why it was specifically made for AI is because thats how he wanted it to be. If you wanted to fly it, all you had to do was overwrite the existing model files with that and you get a new F-1 model.:)

I think on the second point, Disso means that there's still alot of AI aircraft that are just not quality models. Given the fidelity of the sim, there should be effort made by ED to make some better models. The F/A-18 is just an example of a beautiful model, but that's it. The general feeling is that player flyables will get the most treatment, since the player will obviously spend more time in them. Most AI aircraft are given cursory modelling because they're just targets. However, ED did release the plugins so to possibly encourage (so far it's worked to a degree) more community involvement. The only real stumbling block is coding it so that if we wanted to have (since we have to stay in the topic) a "flyable" F-14 then we'd have to do alot of modelling as far as cockpits and all other necessary systems. Since they're Russian, we're going to see more emphasis on Russian aircraft.

Besides the work that USSR_Gys is extroardinary, and my only complaint is the colorscheme, but hey whenever it's ready it'll be another project :D

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Besides the work that USSR_Gys is extroardinary, and my only complaint is the colorscheme, but hey whenever it's ready it'll be another project :D

Agreed.

also, please dont be dissing VF-31's standard jet paint scheme because I take it that you must not have seen AJ100 and 101 (the painted jets).:sly:

saturday20f14d20bowml6.jpg

The F/A-18 is just an example of a beautiful model, but that's it.

My question is why did they model the damn thing so well if it is not a flyable to begin with... And they couldnt do that good of a job on all?? Idk I find that a little weird.

lol relax man, the USN Tomcat scheme is actually kinda difficult, and for me to get the effect on the Su-33s for CAW I had to sandwich a bunch of colors. In fact, the Su-33 schemes are just a tad lighter. I applied the full color (I run it at 80% opacity right now) to 100%, and it worked (Overall scheme is a Ghost Gull Grey). Believe me man, I got so many reference photos of the Tomcat it's not funny and you notice the sig image is a reflection of VF(A)-213s (then anyways) old "101" Lions Head scheme:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal3/2401-2500/Gal2449_F-14_Narita/gal2449.htm

:thumbup:

Also man, didn't realize those were CAG schemes for the ones he's doing either...

Shotsx74:

I don't know why either, the amount of work is just breathtaking, and the fact I love the Su-33 has prevented me from using the CAW mod he did. One day they showed us a model of the F/A-18, and then it just appeared in LOMAC. If my mind serves me right it was for a USN simulation project, but it's been so long that I don't accurately remember. Majesco in his other topic, managed to get a quasi F-18 cockpit going, and since that he suddenly stopped posting about it, may mean that he's A) doing work for ED on it, or B) lost interest (and please that's just puuuuuure speculation, those are my thoughts on that, think what you will, I'm not starting any rumors).

I do not think, that my model will be confirmed ED. Therefore with tanks a problem. I think be two variants of model. One always with tanks and second always w/o .

2 Viper OK ;)

Well considering that the -16 isn't a flyable, I don't think anybody would mind, as I sure wouldn't. I mean I use the F-15C tanks (I was going to ask somebody if they can make a model of the SuperBug's 480gal tanks so I can replace the Mirage 2000's and use those instead, and install the better F-15C tanks) as my preferred drop tanks as I could care less about the F-15.

My question is why did they model the damn thing so well if it is not a flyable to begin with... And they couldnt do that good of a job on all?? Idk I find that a little weird.

I heard a long time ago, that it was intended to be flyable in 1.0, but UBI pushed for release.

um...you are missing my point by a long shot.

The AI F-14 tomcat model ingame looks dated, and he decided to make a new model in his own time to replace it.

Well just for your information, he is making it for the whole community to use and fly because the original F-14A in lomac completely sucks and is poorly modelled, that is what Gys doesnt like. He is the kind of guy that just wants to give the community free stuff he creates on his own time to help out.:)

When did I disagree upon this? I actually said the exact same thing, "to replace the pathetic current AI model. They still look bad ingame and need treatment too."

Because maybe people want to actually fly a beautiful jet in a game.

How do beautiful models still look bad in the game? explain.

Again, when did I say beautiful models looked bad ingame? I just said he wanted to replace the dated current AI model, because the particular Tomcat default model NOW, doesn't look too good. HIS model will look beautiful, without saying!

Any model can be made to be used for anything. The only reason why it was specifically made for AI is because thats how he wanted it to be. If you wanted to fly it, all you had to do was overwrite the existing model files with that and you get a new F-1 model.:)

Again, when did I say any model couldn't be used for anything. I said precisely so that "SURE you can make it flyable by using that ingame config file value swap thingie, but that is in no way calling it a "flyable." Meaning, he isn't making a full cockpit, flight dynamics, etc to go along with it, because that is physically impossible at this point. I guess we just have different definitions of "making a flyable model."

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F