OT: MiG-35 presentation and first ugraded MiG-29 for Russian Air Force [pics]

Kusch

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice upgrade on the mig finaly. AESA +pit. is the flanker going to get the same?

The only downside I see is that reliable mechanical instruments have been replaced by on the MFd's, Idealy the MFD's should be there for SA not to replace analogue dials.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I agree. The analogue instruments are pretty reliable and easy to interpete. I kind of give more credits to the initial MiG-29M cockpit with two MFDs and the classic instrument panel in the center, pretty similar to the F-16C.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

You should see F35 cockpit. HDTV inside. :)

I've seen a pic of it- ugly as hell. Same as the F-22's pit- they look more like space ships rather than aircraft.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Just noticed, one of the migs has a normal mechanical array radar. Wich one is that?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing
The only downside I see is that reliable mechanical instruments have been replaced by on the MFd's, Idealy the MFD's should be there for SA not to replace analogue dials.

I couldn't agree more. :thumbup: MFDs, when they actually work, are pretty to look at, but that's about it. :D I see the pit has a standby attitude indicator in the upper RH corner. I wonder if it has its own ADC inside it too.

I think that they know... but for some reason, for example, the lack of place on the panel, maybe, they made it as you see it.

I think that they know... but for some reason' date=' for example, the lack of place on the panel, maybe, they made it as you see it.[/quote']

Multifunctionality...Чтоб её...(с)Fisben:D

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

The SMT got slime lights, cool. The mig-35 looks like the 29m2m... Guess it's the same, but with a new radar and cockpit.

Well spotted FF! :) .

The aircraft in the picture is indeed the MiG-29M2 - note the bort# 154 ;) . Apparently they(RSK MIG) now decided to re-fit it with the Zhuk-MF phased array radar and re-designate it "MiG-35" :) .

But it is clearly the same MiG-29M2 airframe re-used and re-painted :)

- JJ.

JJ

Is that AESA? I don't see any T/R modules - in fact, the whole antennae looks rather flat, instead of being "bumpy," like the APG-79:

No it is not an "AESA" (active phased array), but clearly the Zhuk-MF(by Phazatron-NIIR) passive phased array.....a smaller version of the Zhuk-MSF recently installed in the Su-27KUB prototype.

- JJ.

JJ