Start head position.

spike2450

I've read everything that I can find to get over it and I understand about Ralt and Num0 to save the position, I have changed to old the View.lua file and yet every time I start the cockpit view camera is toooo far forward, anyone else having this issue. Both in 1.5 and 2.

Flying the piercing fury campaign, jeez is it good rescuing the aussie SAS over the city is just amazing :) seriously awesome in VR.

Make sure you have use snap view saving ticked in the misc settings, when you then set your position in cockpit using Alt NUM 0 it will always return to this position when you re-enter the cockpit

Can you confirm that is the case in VR? There are a few differences between flat screen and vr viewing. Like the VR Zoom function button which doesnt exist in regular play.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

I've had good luck with just hunching down and forward a little bit when I start DCS World. When you sit back up into a comfortable position, it'll be just about right (but not very realistic), and you'll have difficulty seeing all of the information on the HUD if you're too far away from it. Just remember, the A-10 is a huge plane, but you're pretty much shoe-horned in between the panel and the seat.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Can you confirm that is the case in VR? There are a few differences between flat screen and vr viewing. Like the VR Zoom function button which doesnt exist in regular play.

Yes this is the only way that I can get it to save my position in the cockpit, try it, it will only take you a minute or so, you can always put it back if it doesn’t work!!

• Like 1

My VR view saves every time.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

What are the exact sequence of steps you do to achieve this?

"Cockpit head/camera move backwards" then "Save Default Cockpit Angle"...something to that effect, can't remember the exact command naming of each and I won't be back on my PC until Sunday.

I only did this once a while ago when I first got VR and now anytime I load in or I hit the "Recenter" button it puts me back to that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

"Cockpit head/camera move backwards" then "Save Default Cockpit Angle"...something to that effect, can't remember the exact command naming of each and I won't be back on my PC until Sunday.

I only did this once a while ago when I first got VR and now anytime I load in or I hit the "Recenter" button it puts me back to that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just adjusted the seat back (with Snapview ON) then hit RAlt /0 (on numpad). Then started up a new mission and it was NOT saved.

Would appreciate if you could post the exact steps you did when you get access to your computer. Thanks!

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

• 10 months later...

Move View Left: Rshift+Rctrl+Num4

Move View Right: Rshift+Rctrl+Num6

Move View Up: Rshift+Rctrl+Num8

Move View Down: Rshift+Rctrl+Num2

Move View Backward Rshift+Rctrl+Num/

Move View Forward: Rshift+Rctrl+Num*

Save Position: Ralt+Num0

After you get your position set and saved, it should return to that position each time you start DCS. Just remember to pull your HMD over you eyes and sit where you will be flying when you start DCS. When you hit the Save Position keys, it will save a SnapView.lua file in the Saved Games/DCS/Config/View folder. You can save a copy of that some place safe and just paste it back into that same folder if something gets hosed with DCS and you have to reinstall it. Works like a champ. I'm finally sitting where I should be in the cockpit, with the HUD readable from top to bottom and it returns to that exact position every time I start DCS. :D

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Yes you can save your default head position. you can also adjust it in-game. And re-center in-game as well.

Using the A-10c as the example.

For default head position open C:\Users\(user name)\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua with notepad++

Find the aircraft heading SnapViews["A-10C"] = {

Go down to

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 80.000000,--FOV

hAngle = 0.703590,

vAngle = 2.784425,

x_trans = 0.234391,

y_trans = -0.021218,

z_trans = -0.009215,

rollAngle = 1.707313,

Make your changes here. Small changes.

It will take some going back and forth till you find your sweet spot.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 1 year later...
Save Position: Ralt+Num0

After you get your position set and saved, it should return to that position each time you start DCS. Just remember to pull your HMD over you eyes and sit where you will be flying when you start DCS. When you hit the Save Position keys, it will save a SnapView.lua file in the Saved Games/DCS/Config/View folder.

If there is one thing that annoys me so much is the default head position in VR. For me it's always to low. I have to change that every time, saving cockpit angels simply doesn't work.

I see that the snapview.lua gets updated (because it always changes the date modified to the time i press the RALT-Num0 combo) but the next time i rerun a mission, the default position is back. No way in the world i can make this work.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!