DCS and Pimax

Wags

Odd that they put up the pre-order page when they haven't even managed to ship the first 100 KS orders out the door......

Hope they get their act together quickly

Pre-order page doesn’t work either lol. I managed to get to checkout but it crashes when trying to jump to PayPal.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Anyone know if they stated if they will be using an EU hub for shipping or can we expect to add 20% to the price at delivery if buying from within the EU?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

UK hub it seems. Backers who have received it within the EU have not paid customs as far as I know.

That’s a strange decision and little consolation considering the time frame. The UK wont be in the EU by the time they clear the backers and move on to preorders.

According to this video of VoodooDE

(see 3:50) Pimax will ship the pre-order headsets -other than the Backer headsets- directly from China. I don`t know where he has that info from, maybe as one of the testers he is in contact with Pimax. This would mean, that you have to pay import VAT additionally. In the announcement youtube videos of the other two testers however there is no word about having extra costs, besides shipping.
Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I got a message from Pimax support. The delivery price ($69) includes eu import duties and taxes. The website is still down though.

I got a message from Pimax support. The delivery price ($69) includes eu import duties and taxes. The website is still down though.

VAT will come on top of that.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

VAT will come on top of that.

No. VAT is included according to Pimax.

Hi, the import duty and VAT are included in the transportation expense now on the Pimax pre-preorder website. However, the import duty and VAT and the transportation expense are paid separately in the later pre-order event.

Please be advised. Have a nice day!

Edited by Frusheen

I don't see any way this company can be successful trying to sell a high dollar technical product and they can't even build a website. I am thinking it might be faster to wait for it on aliexpress than to preorder. Kind of like being able to get the Vive at Bestbuy before they fulfilled the preorders.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I don't see any way this company can be successful trying to sell a high dollar technical product and they can't even build a website. I am thinking it might be faster to wait for it on aliexpress than to preorder. Kind of like being able to get the Vive at Bestbuy before they fulfilled the preorders.

Yeah, if they can't do the simple things, they won't be capable of doing the complicated things. It has been funny reading all their updates this year as the development was basically cratering. "Hello Futurists! Everything is going great. We can't run it using a 1070, the FOV isnt actually 200 FOV, we can't quite run at 90 hz, the 8k which isn't an 8k or even a 4k is worse than the 5k, which isn't a 5k, but things are looking great. Not much more delays! Maybe a year! You can smell scents soon!"

No thanks. If it's just the FOV, well, someone else will be able to crack that part soon.

Ah I’ve seen enough. This company is a joke. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but they can’t even manage to maintain a website or offer a secure payment method. No way I could justify spending €1000 with them for an unproven and unfinished product after the fiasco of the last few days. I notice Wormeaten and the other Pimax fanboys have gone very quiet here lol. I’m unsubscribing from this thread. I genuinely hope the kickstarter guys have a smoother experience. I’ll wait and see what’s announced over the next few months and just stick with rift for now. I might look at Pimax again in the new year if I see proof they’ve got their act together.

Well it´s a joke that they still bring the site up. Now they mixed Chinese with English, and still it´s not posible to order anything there...:helpsmilie:

I never get that far as payment yet. Or even got anything in my cart today. Yesterday I got everything a did click on in the cart, so I ended up with at least 7 products. :doh: without adding it to cart!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Ah I’ve seen enough. This company is a joke. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but they can’t even manage to maintain a website or offer a secure payment method. No way I could justify spending €1000 with them for an unproven and unfinished product after the fiasco of the last few days. I notice Wormeaten and the other Pimax fanboys have gone very quiet here lol. I’m unsubscribing from this thread. I genuinely hope the kickstarter guys have a smoother experience. I’ll wait and see what’s announced over the next few months and just stick with rift for now. I might look at Pimax again in the new year if I see proof they’ve got their act together.

Yep, I know I sound like a douche and I want to be wrong because I really want a next gen HMD. But, there is no way they are getting my money until I see how this fiasco shakes out. If one of the kickstarters gets the 5K plus and gives it rave reviews for DCS....then maybe.

Yep, I know I sound like a douche and I want to be wrong because I really want a next gen HMD. But, there is no way they are getting my money until I see how this fiasco shakes out. If one of the kickstarters gets the 5K plus and gives it rave reviews for DCS....then maybe.

I am with you there. I really don't care much at least so far for how they have done things.

But that is just me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As first, I'm not a Pimax fanboy.

You should read my post's on Pimax forum. To be clear, Pimax5K+ is right now best VR on the market. No doubt.

Is it worth it that price they want for it now on preorder it is very questionable? In my opinion, it is not and from same reason like I was criticizing Oculus with their Rift pricing policy or Vive PRO. No way it is worth it that money especially with the huge amount of unanswered questions and doubts, especially about 8K.

Even 8KX is questionable now in my opinion.

Simply parts build in 5K and 8K are too cheap for that amount of pricing, software is not that good either so Oddissay is still best to buy option.

That is my honest opinion based on the same principles as before. We should wait and pass this preorder even I will say boycott it in a similar way we should do with RTX 20xx GPU's to force it to make more fair price and not just ripping of faithful customers.

We should stop being a sheep's and stud up for our rights and earned to respect us as customers. This goes for everyone not just for Pimax, Nvidia, OR, Vive or someone else whatever they trying to sell us.

That is who the wormeaten is, nobody's fun boys. I just want to be treated as someone who is smart enough to not be fooled by anyone.

Pimax5K+ is the best VR same as RTX 20xx best GPU or Intel i9 9900K best CPU but no one worth money they ask for it.

Who wants to pay, let them pay I'm not giving that money for a high overpricing product. Especially with dissent and much cheaper alternative available today on the market.

Edited by wormeaten

As first, I'm not a Pimax fanboy.

You should read my post's on Pimax forum. To be clear, Pimax5K+ is right now best VR on the market. No doubt.

Is it worth it that price they want for it now on preorder it is very questionable? In my opinion, it is not and from same reason like I was criticizing Oculus with their Rift pricing policy or Vive PRO. No way it is worth it that money especially with the huge amount of unanswered questions and doubts, especially about 8K.

Even 8KX is questionable now in my opinion.

Simply parts build in 5K and 8K are too cheap for that amount of pricing, software is not that good either so Oddissay is still best to buy option.

That is my honest opinion based on the same principles as before. We should wait and pass this preorder even I will say boycott it in a similar way we should do with RTX 20xx GPU's to force it to make more fair price and not just ripping of faithful customers.

We should stop being a sheep's and stud up for our rights and earned to respect us as customers. This goes for everyone not just for Pimax, Nvidia, OR, Vive or someone else whatever they trying to sell us.

That is who the wormeaten is, nobody's fun boys. I just want to be treated as someone who is smart enough to not be fooled by anyone.

Pimax5K+ is the best VR same as RTX 20xx best GPU or Intel i9 9900K best CPU but no one worth money they ask for it.

Who wants to pay, let them pay I'm not giving that money for a high overpricing product. Especially with dissent and much cheaper alternative available today on the market.

Why don't you develop a vr headset and sell it cheaper ?

You can't decide what is a good price and what is not. It is the market that decides. If it is sold and the company profits, then the price is right. Don't call people who make enough money so they can afford expensive stuff sheeps.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why don't you develop a vr headset and sell it cheaper ?

You can't decide what is a good price and what is not. It is the market that decides. If it is sold and the company profits, then the price is right. Don't call people who make enough money so they can afford expensive stuff sheeps.

:thumbup:

Very pleased with my new EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra I just got installed.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah, you're right! That guy who earned enough money to buy the Tower Of London and the Golden Gate Bridge wasn't a sheep at all!

What this has to do with a consumer product aimed to a niche market ? A company develop a product and it put it's price tag based on many things, development time/effort/cost, production cost, marketing cost, profit margin, even future development.... it is complicated task based on a lot of researching and calculations, not just some weird guy sit in the toilet in the morning and decides"hey lets make it 1000 bucks it sounds fair for what it is" . If the product is sold then price is good if not, company failed.

If one make $10000 a month, then 1000 for a headset is not a big deal, if one make $800 a month, he probably better sit and study, find a better job/profession or whatever to make more rather than wasting time/money on playing games or complaining how expensive a top notch gpu or newely developed technology costs.

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This tread is about DSC and Pimax as product, not about there sales problem.

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.