NS340 Overlay incompatable with NVG

Chic

The GPS overlay panel behaves like an accessory monitor when I activate NVG.

A mirror of my entire monitor screen image appears on the overlay panel.

Yah, turning off "mirrors" didn't fix it.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Can someone take some screenshots of what they're seeing? I don't understand the report.

Some description of what they expect to see would be nice too.

I expect to see the GPS panel. (Close look to NS430)

1313076658_PAINTSSSS.thumb.jpg.0ac7e8356cda80e9e0cedd59014e7500.jpg

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I expect to see the GPS panel. (Close look to NS430)

So I see green in the NVG setup... are you using an NVG mod? I thought the default NVG for the Mi-8 was black & white.

Or am I mistaken?

I do use a NVG mod, but the issue manifests without the mod as well.

JUST CHOPPERS

Can you remove all mods, run a repair (just in case) then take a screenshot?

No joy. Is it working for you?

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

Much appreciated.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 months later...

I encountered this as well while flying night missions in "spring tension". For me the issue was only present when I turned on the overlay, the 430 itself did not affect NVG. It was also much worse in the engineer and navigator positions. I did not notice it at first as the pilot.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

When I use the NS430 Cloes look to NS430 ON OFF

function changes the MI-8 left-sided image.

If I turn on GPS display, the image on the right side of the helicopter appears in the mirror.

Did you ever know anything like that?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3355443#post3355443

Hi there,

I'll check it against my testing build tonight and see if it's still there.

Thanks for the report.

Edit: Reported! Thank you.

Edited by ody81