Release: TouchBuddy v1.3.0 (revision 9)

zorlac

so, its working now?

The next major release will have less "new features"* and more "making it look nice and slick", with things like a preferences program to make all this stuff point-n-click. Also looking at other things to make TouchBuddy more user friendly, to give better and more detailed error reports.

(* - There will still be new stuff, there are several things whizzing around my brain right now).

yes its working, so easy to read the info, tews data is flowing :thumbup:, thanks for your assistance.

stutters remain so i guess that priority setting is my next matter of interest.

this is only occurring when a profile is open on a tab containing an active module, eg: tews or mcp.

i can run totally seperate profiles on all 3 screens with no stuttering provided none of them currently have an active module tab open.

maybe running both videocard outputs from the main pc gpu might not be helping.

i can try going the client/server method with another pc running the th2go, that might be the go if that takes some load off the game.

1, will test various priority settings, and/or making it run on the other core if thats possible yet?

2, set up the server/client method and run TB on the th2go on the client pc and across one large skin. (once we get the max res issue sorted).

3, sit back and ponder how good this is, still very impressed.

more so now i am getting more familiar with the toolkit and creating profiles.

(butchering ruggbutts profiles actually :) )

love the sound of smoothing out the options and configuration of TB by making a preferences/options setup page, very nice idea.

less chance of silly typo's like mine:music_whistling::doh:

even though i am still clicking with the mouse, using TB has once again raised the bar and increased the immersion factor, god knows it must be sweet just touching those buttons, i look forward to that...

keep up the great work, a truely amazing addition to lockon, which i for one am truely greatful for, i love it, thankyou.

Glad its working :)

As I just posted over on the TouchBuddy Forums:

Its the "updating the active module graphics" that causes the CPU to stutter, hence why you dont see it in game on the server (its the client thats doing the work). More CPU power would certainly reduce this stutter, especially a dual core, which would hand TouchBuddy over to run on which ever core Lomac WASNT running on. If you are pushing your machine hard to display as mcuh as you can in Lomac (higher resolution, AA/AF, view distance, etc), then TouchBuddy has to "steal" some CPU time from Lomac to do its update.

I will certainly see if I can find a better way of doing it, but just how many ways can you draw something and then put that on the screen? :)

hopefully nobody minds me mashing up their profiles, below is what i have come up with after about an hour learning the WBK TBTK :) and messing with the profile for the f-15 from ruggbutt.

ruggbutt

TBTK has been improved greatly and I rebuilt and renovated my F15 profile with the ToolKit in a fraction of the time it used to take when I was alpha testing TB. It's so easy a caveman could do it!!! ;)

so if this caveman can do it so can you.

TBpit005.jpg

realtime mcp on the left, tews + combat commands in the middle and game commands on the right, dam i forgot the simple load strip :)

ruggbutt, i would like a copy of your new version for the f-15 if you are happy to share it.

here a blurry one of the mcp going off after some damage arrived

TBpit007.jpg

and the other two panels, poor image quality sorry.

TBpit009.jpg

TBpit008.jpg

Oh man. I must say, I am in the market for a TS setup.

Only problem, where do I get the actual touch screens, preferably in Canada.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

haha, i wish, i am still mousing about :)

this is running thru the th2go and the screens are 1280x1024.

hence the reason i am after being able to make skin/window @ the full 3840x1024 :)

looking at different options, 7" panel, 19"overlays etc.

but for now its point and click mouse style.

already far better than looking for the keyboard combinations.

its just radiculous how simple it all becomes when its a button press and not a series of confusing key combinations.

your new profile looks great, i must learn to move whole tabs onto the same skin/window.

in my example there are five touch-buddies running, i have at least learnt to make them all open up in the right position. :thumbup:

just thru in an a64 4800x2 cpu and suprisingly the stutters have all but vanished, it still does it ever so slightly, but that is with 2 active module tabs open, previously with the a64 3000+ it was terrible with only one active module tab open, so very pleased with that, still some config work to be done there.

as you can see from the pics its a butcherous effort, just dipping a toe in the water so far, early days yet my friends, will be milking you for info now i have the bug :) look forward to learning more advanced stuff, :book::book::book: if i ever sleep again....dam you TB

ruggbutt, lock forward to the updated oscar's map plugin page, and your new profile, i will most definately be trying the server/client setup when time permits.

i eventually got the hint and have become a TB forum member.:smartass:

hopefully nobody minds me mashing up their profiles, below is what i have come up with after about an hour learning the WBK TBTK :) and messing with the profile for the f-15 from ruggbutt.

so if this caveman can do it so can you.

OMFG! I think I just wet myself!

Oh man. I must say, I am in the market for a TS setup.

Only problem, where do I get the actual touch screens, preferably in Canada.

Ebay is usually a good place to start looking for the 8" touchscreens. Use this entire string a good start for a search:

(touchscreen, "touch screen", lilliput, elo) (tft, lcd, monitor) -sudoku -suduko -ericsson -nintendo -blood -dash -motorized -headrest -cybershot -motorola

Most of the cheaper touchscreens have a native resolution of 640x480, but allow "scaling" to display higher resolutions. This tends to make the display look blurry, so if you can afford it, look for screens that say they have a *NATIVE* resolution of 800x600. If a screen does not specify its NATIVE resolution anywhere, assume its 640x480. The Innovatech TM-868 is 640x480, but sneakily the lowest setting it allows you to use is 800x600 (with scaling), unless you select the "show all resolutions" setting on your system.

TouchBuddy can do profile scaling at load time, so it will rescale and resposition the images/buttons to match a screen resolution that is different to the one that the profile was originally created for. A profile created on a 800x600 screen will still be in proportion on a 640x480 screen. It also copes with wide screen resolutions by either squashing them so they fit, or keeping the aspect ratio of the buttons and the layout.

zorlac, you are most welcome to use my images, feel free to do with them as you please.

i already took the liberty of uploading one to the TB forums called TBpit :), sounded like a good name at the time.

i would like to get my hands on the new f-15 including the active tews etc when ruggbutt uploads it, then i can have a play with that.

when i learn to place multiple tabs showing on one window and hopefully can span a window the full width i will take some better quality photos, as the ones i have shown here were just snapped to give an idea of whats possible.

anyway, glad you liked my creation, its all thanks to your creation :)

one final note:

it would appear that the server/client configuration is a lot better for the game performance.

on local mode i was getting a stuttering effect when using the new active modules, when running in server/client mode i see smoothness, and smooth is good.

once again so simple to setup, if you have a spare pc around give it something to do :)

cheetah, you are totally right, even if you don't own a touchscreen, or a second pc, its still very useful having the buttons etc just a mouse click away, i will happily admit there are buttons in there that i don't know the key commands for, so without touchbuddy i would never have the control over the game i now do.

Touch-Buddy....

ggg rating = highly recommended, essential lockon software:thumbup:

here's what i have done so far with your new f15 1.3 profile x 6 :)

TBpitmark2003b.jpg

i think i should have swapped the tews to the top right, all buttons vhf and game into the centre and the Rt tab to the bottom right, yes that will work better, anyway its easily changable and thats the beauty of it, make it show whatever you want, the right bottom screen still has the tabs showing so you can use that for viewing maps etc.:thumbup:

Ah, its great to see so many TB addicts, the TB team has worked really hard over the last year, and its developed amazingly into a "must have" product. I've had TB (with touchscreen) for about 8 months now, and I gotta say, not only would I not fly without out it....I want another screen!

BS is gonna be a breeze for TB users....what the hell do we care what key-presses are required for start-up/ABRIS etc...we can just hit a series of buttons or a "start-up" macro and off we go....should leave the non-TB users spooling up on the pan ;)

For any of you who are "on the fence", just download TB and use the mouse to click profile buttons....when you're hooked, go on eBay and look for a touchscreen or overlay etc!

Great work TB team, thanks a million from a grateful LOMAC addict ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

• 1 month later...

I have finally bought and set up my Touchscreen using your software and your shared profiles as templates and demos.

A very big THANK YOU, this tool is really amazing.

Now I want to get more into programming modules. Anyway of getting the source code of the "mini-Loadout" plugin to modifiy that? Or do you know any tutorial on how to create such active-X plugins? Not used to Microsoft programming. Only done Java and PL/SQL, so I do not know much about active-X, but some source code to play around with as a start would be helpfull.

Again, big thanks to zorlac, WBK, and Brewster and all the other contributeing to this "open project". This tool rocks :punk: and is now No. 3 on my recommendations list for simmers: 1. HOTAS, 2. rack IR, 3. A touchscreen setup with Touchbuddy.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Congrats JaBo! Glad to have you on board. Zorlac is flying home from a trip today and should be back here in action very soon.

The Mini-Loadout module is built-in to TouchBuddy by Zorlac. It is not separate code like a Plugin can be. But if you know how to write ActiveX documents or controls you can probably access his data file that he extracts and write your own plugin. I have written several plugins using VB6. Do you program in VB6? I can share with you a sample Plugin to get you started.

If you write in Java, then you should be able to write something that will run in an IE Browser right? Well that's all that a TouchBuddy Plugin is. It is simply an IE Browser Window.

I just got my touchscreen also and OMG this is great, the level of work done on this allows anyone to just plug and play with nothing else requiered.

I think its a great piece of work. ED should seriously think about forming a colaboration with touchbuddy. It would definatly be a first in the market!

I finally bought a touchscreen and together with touchbuddy, they are an awesome combo. Setting that thing up is a breeze. Thanks to Zorlac for providing us with this tremendous tool, thanks to Wild.Bill.Kelso for developing the toolkit, and thanks to all the contributors who provide the profiles for someone as artistically challenged as me. I have not been so thrill about a new purchase since I bought my first HOTAS.

S!

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Wild Bill, using your WBK 2 Profile as a template, I cannot get the TackIR Center button to work.

What does that mean: "macro = predef:APPSw" ?! I have "Shift+F12" as my TIR center hotkey. So the reason could be that the macro is somewhere hardcoded to another hotkey. But where?

BTW.: Cant await to start up the balck shark using a great, stylish TB profile.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Prinzartus, you need to program the correct macro, I'm not sure what APPSw is, but it's not shift - F12. I'm sure someone will quickly tell you how to get your TIR working, I'd juyst mess things up if I tried.

To everyone interested in TB, go spread the word on forums and make sure everyone knows people actually use TB. TB requires a little support from the developers (or rather they must avoid using certain programming tricks) to work. For example the Strike Fighters series doesn't work in local mode. It should be simple to fix, but the developer needs to be interested in it first. BS will probably have support, but all the other future sims are pretty much a question mark. It all depends on the developers realizing that it's useful to make sure TB works.

BS MUST have a dynamic campaign system with multiplayer capability, toe-brake functionality and TouchBuddy support.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/