Mission walk through's PLEASE!

tangodownNZ

Hi all,

So I have completed hours of training in the A10C. I have completed all the in game tutorials. I have watched hours of you tube tutorials. Now you already no what I'm going to say. I still have no idea what to do when it comes to completing missions! I can fly the aircraft, I can do a ramp start, I can land using TACAN, Divert, ILS to land the aircraft. I can locate targets using the TGP, I can create mark points and use SPI to engage targets using all sensors. I can fire guns and accurately hit targets, all no problem. But then on the first mission "CSAR" you are thrown straight in the deep end totally unprepared for what they throw at you. I even downloaded the tactical training qualification thinking it would better prepare us for combat, but no, you all ready need to know all this stuff.

What would be really good if somebody did some mission walk through's, because I dont think Im the only noob struggling with this stuff. Walk through's would be really great, and they would get loads of views and subscribers, so win win. Even if somebody did a mission walk through for CSAR, we could learn so much just from that one mission.

I did, but most of it doesnt make any sense to me. Like the first thing they tell you is something at 12 o’clock but I cant see anything. Then the pilot you need to rescue says he popped a flare I cant see that either. His location is not marked on the map. Then he says infantry are coming but I have no idea where he is. And before that they want anti aircraft sites taken out, I cant find them either.

I did, but most of it doesnt make any sense to me. Like the first thing they tell you is something at 12 o’clock but I cant see anything. Then the pilot you need to rescue says he popped a flare I cant see that either. His location is not marked on the map. Then he says infantry are coming but I have no idea where he is. And before that they want anti aircraft sites taken out, I cant find them either.
SPOILER(!):

If I remember that particular mission correctly, you fly north, up a river valley and have a CSAR team waiting with 2 UH-60 along the river.

When you enter the area, where the pilot is located, you will find a flat area to the right (East) that holds one or two AAA emplacements.

To the left (West) a broad valley opens up, that is where the pilot is located.

Behind (North) the ridge line was a SAM launcher located (SA-10?) that is the greatest threat so keep your distance, use the TGP to locate the SAM and the AAAs and knock them out in the first assault and reattack quickly, if necessary.

Now the enemy will advance on the pilot. Usually from the river down the valley.

Call in the Helis and suppress the advancing enemy.

Keep low 8000 ft, and watch for the troops/vehicles or tracers.

Use your wingman(!) to support you.

When the enemy helicopters(?) attack, advance towards them so they won't engage the UH-60s.

The key to this mission is good recon of AAA targets and taking them out in one or two quick attacks and good timing when it comes to suppression of the enemy. You do not need to kill everybody! Delay the infantry early and take out the vehicles, then delay (hit with guns) the infantry again and again until the helicopters get the pilot.

...and remember: use your wingman. He is not just decoration. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi all,

So I have completed hours of training in the A10C.

But then on the first mission "CSAR" you are thrown straight in the deep end totally unprepared for what they throw at you.

Surprised by you request, you have all the skills to do a mission by the sounds of it, can't be that hard to fly the waypoints to the target area and get amongst it. I know there is a big difference between theory and putting it all together under pressure in a hostile environment, the best way to learn is doing it yourself (based on youtube stuff I suppose) or in Multiplayer with someone that is willing to teach you combat strategies.

There is one CAVIOT though, the default set of A-10c single player missions are broken in a lot of areas, some of which you have already encounted by the sounds of the other message. This will put any noob off.

Not to toot my own horn, but you may be better served by grabbing my corrected version on the ED user files section (link below), the should work a lot better, baring any recent introduced bugs since I corrected them.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?PER_PAGE=50&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=MadDog-IC&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Not to toot my own horn, but you may be better served by grabbing my corrected version on the ED user files section, the should work a lot better, baring any recent introduced bugs since I corrected them.

Hi Ian,

I take this opportunity to thank you for your great work with those corrected version.

Rgds,

Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hello and Welcome aboard!

Just a thought, as your pretty far up the learning curve it sounds like, as far as Nav. and weapons deployment and basic flight goes, so maybe think of watching Bunyap's Kursheri(I think I misspelled it) Gap mission video on You tube. He walks you through it step by step. There are a wealth of videos on his site.

hope this helps

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ian,

I take this opportunity to thank you for your great work with those corrected version.

Rgds,

Hamilton

Always appreciated, thank you, surprising how many people download them, but never comment on how they went when playing them. I am also guilty of the same thing, I download good missions left and right, but might not play them for months, so I don't give any feedback, so I kind of understand it.

I make more of an effort these days to thank the authors of fine work more often than I use to.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hello and Welcome aboard!

Just a thought, as your pretty far up the learning curve it sounds like, as far as Nav. and weapons deployment and basic flight goes, so maybe think of watching Bunyap's Kursheri(I think I misspelled it) Gap mission video on You tube. He walks you through it step by step. There are a wealth of videos on his site.

hope this helps

Thanks, that did help very much. I asked him to do CSAR, haha

SPOILER(!):

If I remember that particular mission correctly, you fly north, up a river valley and have a CSAR team waiting with 2 UH-60 along the river.

When you enter the area, where the pilot is located, you will find a flat area to the right (East) that holds one or two AAA emplacements.

To the left (West) a broad valley opens up, that is where the pilot is located.

Behind (North) the ridge line was a SAM launcher located (SA-10?) that is the greatest threat so keep your distance, use the TGP to locate the SAM and the AAAs and knock them out in the first assault and reattack quickly, if necessary.

Now the enemy will advance on the pilot. Usually from the river down the valley.

Call in the Helis and suppress the advancing enemy.

Keep low 8000 ft, and watch for the troops/vehicles or tracers.

Use your wingman(!) to support you.

When the enemy helicopters(?) attack, advance towards them so they won't engage the UH-60s.

The key to this mission is good recon of AAA targets and taking them out in one or two quick attacks and good timing when it comes to suppression of the enemy. You do not need to kill everybody! Delay the infantry early and take out the vehicles, then delay (hit with guns) the infantry again and again until the helicopters get the pilot.

...and remember: use your wingman. He is not just decoration. ;)

Thanks very much