Discussion about helicopter 'Force Trim' mechanic over at VKB forums.

Hey guys,

the one thing i personally miss with the VKB gunfighter base, is a 'force trim' mechanic for proper helicopter flight. I, for one, would like to have one joystick with extension i can use for both jets and helos. A gunfighter pro with MCG pro grip and a real force trim mechanic would be a dream. Apparently there is no helicopter specific flight gear (cyclic) we can buy, that has a real force trim system build in.

There's a thread over at the official VKB forums, where we can discuss whether this is something VKB might think about sinking there theeth in. There are a couple of threads here and elsewhere of people showing there various diy solutions. Maybe we can pool and share all the knowledge of homebuilds and best practice so we might eventually have an out-of-the-box purchaseable solution.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2801&sid=cd878300c1e869b6792b5586203bfa7c

It has so called dry clutches installed. You open up the base (can't quickly adjust it on the fly apparently), and then you cann tighten them up or beyond the point where they overcome the springs tension and your stick stays in whatever position you put it in. First, you cannot easily switch between helo and jet flith. You have to open up the base unit each time you want to change the level of friction. Second, and i don't own a gunfighter so i hae no real hands on experience, if you set it up for helicopter flight and tighten it up so it stays in place, i reckon it is kind of hard to move. A force trim system allows free movement around what ever centre position you set via the brake system.

Hey guys,

the one thing i personally miss with the VKB gunfighter base, is a 'force trim' mechanic for proper helicopter flight. I, for one, would like to have one joystick with extension i can use for both jets and helos. A gunfighter pro with MCG pro grip and a real force trim mechanic would be a dream. Apparently there is no helicopter specific flight gear (cyclic) we can buy, that has a real force trim system build in.

There's a thread over at the official VKB forums, where we can discuss whether this is something VKB might think about sinking there theeth in. There are a couple of threads here and elsewhere of people showing there various diy solutions. Maybe we can pool and share all the knowledge of homebuilds and best practice so we might eventually have an out-of-the-box purchaseable solution.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2801&sid=cd878300c1e869b6792b5586203bfa7c

Depends how deep you want to go, With Gazelle, Huey and Mi8 I have no need to invoke force trim with my home brew cyclic.

This is a work in progress.

I now have 4 of those dampers one in each quadrant. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.