Russian carrier question...

Skwurl

Hi there,

I set up a mission with a SU-33 and the Russian Carrier, but I can't seem to land on it. It doesn't matter how slow I'm approaching, the jet seems to 'clip' through the model and I end up exploding into a million pieces.

When I say 'clip', I mean that the landing gear doesn't stop when it comes in contact with the carrier. The SU-33 goes through the landing deck and I crash.

What am I missing here?

Record a track file and post it up so that we can download and ascertain what the issue/problem might be.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

the issue you are experiencing is when you land when you are not in landing mode.

cycle your return point to the carrier or set it as your landing point in the mission.

press 1 a few times till you get to lndg

now to the issue of acutally crashing. even tho you are cliping thru the carrier, your actually still landing too hard the cliping is NOT causing you to crash lol.

• Like 1

Savage 77th Squadron 'S77th' http://www.s77th.com

The Lomac League, For Squadrons & Single Players http://www.LomacLeague.com

dantesig.gif

first all....you are landing to hard. ever seening a video of an F-14 land on a deck inside the cockpit? he doesnt have any sinkrate, he just glides over the wires low enough so they catch. yes it normally looks like your going to slam the deck but no it wont happen unless you know how to fly softly:).

P.S.- first just try landing with full flap, no weapons, and 40% fuel to get the gist of it all, then start adding weight once you get better :). Thats what I tell my guys once they first started!

first all....you are landing to hard. ever seening a video of an F-14 land on a deck inside the cockpit? he doesnt have any sinkrate, he just glides over the wires low enough so they catch. yes it normally looks like your going to slam the deck but no it wont happen unless you know how to fly softly:).

P.S.- first just try landing with full flap, no weapons, and 40% fuel to get the gist of it all, then start adding weight once you get better :). Thats what I tell my guys once they first started!

Yes... I did see some F14s land:D - no sink rate, ha?...

Youre right about the weight tho...

Er, say what now? No sinkrate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqvkm_4O8E

Looks like a nice sinkrate to me.

Um, carrier landings are characterized as a 'controlled crash' specifically due to the high sink rates.

This is also why naval aircraft have heavier/bulkier landing gear.

And its also why you can't land land-based aircraft on a carrier just by sticking a hook on the tail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Also remember that it depends on the aircraft type, for instance, compare a Super Etnard with an F-14, the cat has a lower sinkrate, but the glideslope is still steeper than that of a normal aircraft, this due to the small target area they have to 'hit', but even the su-33 slams into the deck, it's just that the tolerances are very strict in lomac (no AFM), so you can't make a 'red' landing, or even take some damage.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Um, carrier landings are characterized as a 'controlled crash' specifically due to the high sink rates.

This is also why naval aircraft have heavier/bulkier landing gear.

And its also why you can't land land-based aircraft on a carrier just by sticking a hook on the tail.

Why does everything on here have to get soo technical and exact from everybody? All I did was say the correct way of how a carrier landing normally is and how it should be done on LOMAC. Instead I get a response clarifying the role of sink rates...

Why does everything on here have to get soo technical and exact from everybody? All I did was say the correct way of how a carrier landing normally is and how it should be done on LOMAC. Instead I get a response clarifying the role of sink rates...

Dude, no offence but when you post:

"ever seening (sic) a video of an F-14 land on a deck inside the cockpit? he doesnt have any sinkrate, he just glides over the wires low enough so they catch."

People on a flight sim forum are going to comment. I have seen videos of F-14's land on a carrier, in fact I posted a youtube link, and they do indeed have a sinkrate...obviously.

Anyways, I'll see if I can post a track later on.