DCS Free Trial Aircraft

DataHawk

DCS Free Trial Aircraft  

97 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Free Trial Aircraft

• Yes
    • No

I really have to agree. I've often wished I could try some of the other aircraft available. Even just for a short time. Demo style.

I've bought some I didn't care for.

I know it's not likely and I'm okay with that.

But with VR (as I use) you can't really decide watching cockpit view YouTube video to if you could sit (virtually) in the actual plane for even a few minutes.

Pizmo

• ED Team

No I don't agree.

DCSWorld is already free to try, with a free terrain and two free aircraft, more than enough to get a new user active.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

While a well intentioned idea, and certainly have merits because modules can take forever in getting into a solid state, I think this would lead to even less sales of niche aircraft where some people get them as a curiosity purchase.

Also, due to nature of early access and aforementioned nature of long evolving/cooking time of modules, such a trial period would likely be quite damaging to a module's sales in its early to mid stages of development.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

+1 for time limited demo.

When I first came to DCS, there were just a couple of modules available, so it was easy to buy them all. As the list of modules grows, it would be nice to have "try before buy" option, especially for the newcomers.

Yes, unarmed versions of many aircraft would be excellent. Perhaps with some other limitations too.

Also any multi-seat aircraft would be cool if the gunner/RIO/WSO could play for free, or at least sit in and spectate from the cockpit view and come along for the ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I believe that there are enough youtube videos of each module to allow you to make an informed purchase decision about each module, and the free aircrafts and map are enough to determine if your PC is or isnt able to run the simulation.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

not a bad idea

If the module is of high enough quality people will buy it if they like it

.... if it is not

Maybe when ED have more faith in their product they might try this

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

@Revelation @ probad

Its not about getting everything for free. I am sure, nobody in here expects that.

But a complex module has a lot of aspects which you could like or dislike and before you buy it, you could not know, if a specific aircraft is the right choice for you. Its not about the quality of the product but the overall feeling which is very subjectiv.

There are only a few things to keep in mind, for example only one test period for each aircraft and each user to avoid exploitations and surely the test period should be short (maybe 3 hours) and should be only available after final release to avoid a misrepresentation of the quality. That way, ED would get benefit of trials if they are convinced by their own products.

Edit: Forgot someting. Of course campaigns must be excluded generally.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

No I don't agree.

DCSWorld is already free to try, with a free terrain and two free aircraft, more than enough to get a new user active.

What about from the perspective of someone already on the platform who doesn't own everything though?

Modules are the price of an AAA game and there's no refund mechanism and no demo for them.

The module set has grown and is still growing very nicely too, but with that comes some selectivity.

I used to just buy them, currently, I wait for other people to buy modules and read the first reports/first youtube videos before I pull the trigger if it is one I'm interested in.

That's only going to increase if more 3rd parties come along and bring more diverse modules.

You can say what you like about Steam, but the ability to trial stuff via the 2 hour playtime window is quite good when there's not a demo for it and you're on the fence.

Edited by Buzzles

• ED Team
What about from the perspective of someone already on the platform who doesn't own everything though?

Modules are the price of an AAA game and there's no refund mechanism and no demo for them.

The module set has grown and is still growing very nicely too, but with that comes some selectivity.

I used to just buy them, currently, I wait for other people to buy modules and read the first reports/first youtube videos before I pull the trigger if it is one I'm interested in.

That's only going to increase if more 3rd parties come along and bring more diverse modules.

You can say what you like about Steam, but the ability to trial stuff via the 2 hour playtime window is quite good when there's not a demo for it and you're on the fence.

someone who already is in the platform has a good idea about what a new aircraft will be like, just because they have an interest in it.

I think the whole try before you buy would be a nightmare for ED and just extra work to implement.

If you are already a fan of DCS and interested in a particular aircraft you would want to reward the dev for their hard work anyway.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Demo, probably not, but a refund period just like on Steam is a must. Although I think ED already handles that through the support channel? If not, they should start. If I can be protected by laws and entitled to refund basically any consumer product, the same should apply to digital products, or games in particular.

Its not about getting everything for free. I am sure, nobody in here expects that.

No, that is precisely what this is about and every iteration of pointless polls that suggest the same.

But a complex module has a lot of aspects which you could like or dislike and before you buy it, you could not know, if a specific aircraft is the right choice for you. Its not about the quality of the product but the overall feeling which is very subjectiv.

I disagree. I know if I am going to enjoy a module before I buy it; simply by the nature of the aircraft and its missions.

There are only a few things to keep in mind, for example only one test period for each aircraft and each user to avoid exploitations and surely the test period should be short (maybe 3 hours) and should be only available after final release to avoid a misrepresentation of the quality. That way, ED would get benefit of trials if they are convinced by their own products.
No. by the time an aircraft is released, i.e. out of early access / beta, there will be plenty of reviews / videos for someone to make an accurate assertion as to whether they will enjoy a module or not. Further, ED, has these great things called "forums" where people can discuss modules to learn more about them and they can then gain a greater understanding of what all is involved in the module and whether it is of sufficient quality.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Demos used to be a thing for PC games. Try before you buy is reasonable.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

it's already free to play

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There is already a terrain and two aircraft that one can fly for free; that is enough.

For ED to build out the code needed to support these ridiculous ideas, that bring nothing to DCS, will require a ton of manpower. Do YOU want ED to stop developing DCS to create this nonsense?

How about ED delay all other work for 2 years to institute this nonsense - happy now? What about when you decide that you like the demo and want to buy the aircraft only to have some bug creep up a few days later that "forgets" that you bought the module and denies you access because it's confused?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I understand that it's reasonable to make demos for games (especially when word-of-mouth was the predominant way to spread knowledge of said games), but how are they going to go about this with specific modules? It would be unreasonable with the amount of time spent considering what features to limit in a module. Time limited demos wouldn't work either; they wouldn't even get close to giving enough time to make someone with a reasonable thought process decide whether or not to buy a DCS module.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I would want refund policy within 30 days, like Flight1 has. That's an honest way of doing business. That way no customer would feel cheated. Coz let's face it, sometimes a developer promises more then actually is delivered.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

DCS World comes with two free aircraft, The TF-51D and an Su-25T

The TF-51D is a World War 2 aircraft and caters to those interested in flying WW2 aircraft

The Su-25T is a Russian aircraft, A great aircraft,

however, it may not attract players to DCS World like a F-15 would.

While a well intentioned idea, and certainly have merits because modules can take forever in getting into a solid state, I think this would lead to even less sales of niche aircraft where some people get them as a curiosity purchase.

Also, due to nature of early access and aforementioned nature of long evolving/cooking time of modules, such a trial period would likely be quite damaging to a module's sales in its early to mid stages of development.

+1

Yep, this above :thumbup:

This niche is limited now for the developers, this would not help them survive and grow, for our and their future in this niche, perhaps release another free aircraft down the track would be a better option? Free F-15 perhaps? That possibly could pull in some big sales for the up coming F-18, F-14...;)

Edit: This would work out well when 2.5 drops with the new Free updated map at the same time:)

DCS World comes with two free aircraft, The TF-51D and an Su-25T

The TF-51D is a World War 2 aircraft and caters to those interested in flying WW2 aircraft

The Su-25T is a Russian aircraft, A great aircraft,

however, it may not attract players to DCS World like a F-15 would.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

...however, it may not attract players to DCS World like a F-15 would.

You can say the same thing about many aircrafts. Some could care less about the F-15 but love the F-14 or the F/A-18 etc. You want those free as well? Why not an A330? If people want to fly the F-15, they can just buy it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..