DCS Free Trial Aircraft

DataHawk

DCS Free Trial Aircraft  

97 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Free Trial Aircraft

• Yes
    • No

I would want refund policy within 30 days, like Flight1 has. That's an honest way of doing business. That way no customer would feel cheated. Coz let's face it, sometimes a developer promises more then actually is delivered.

That doesnt mean those promises will never be delivered, only that they are not delivered initially. Modules are a "living thing" they are continously being changed, in most cases for the better.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I think the idea of a short time demo would be really hard to implement...

I do have to say that I think that the aircraft which are now free to try don't showcase DCS very well. The Mustang is fine if you like WW2 planes, but the Su-25T is not full fidelity, which is DCS's unique selling point. I would therefore suggest another jet instead of the Su-25T to be included.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Really Weird Name

While the SU-25T may be popular in countries that have real SU-25T’s

People in North America have little exposure to the aircraft and as such it doesn’t “Showcase” well

Even names like "Flaming Cliffs" don’t translate well, Matt referred to it as a “Really Weird Name”*

And he’s right it is a "really weird name" in certain markets.

The SU-25T is just a "really weird" aircraft to showcase in certain markets

Offering free trials is one way DCS could showcase the right aircraft in the right market.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUSSM4a7BU&t=1901s

28:35

No I don't agree.

DCSWorld is already free to try, with a free terrain and two free aircraft, more than enough to get a new user active.

+ 1000000006864

This is by far enough. Even 1 Aircraft would be enough.

A new DCS pilot can here easily make his joyce to go further by buying peripherals, modules etc.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Buy & Fly ;)

Keep the balance !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Should allow a free trial. Might convince me to buy the Mi-8, other aircraft I’m not really interested in. Would only increase sales. Or maybe a free weekend would be cool for new modules. I don’t understand the argument that it would somehow lower sales. This suggests that the developer would basically be tricking you into buying a bad module.

• 1 month later...

I'm rather in favor of having every single module being available free of charge without any weapons, kind of like the included TF-51... that way you can just try 'em out whenever you feel like. Like to fly it? Buy it, and get all the 'goodies'. Don't? Uninstall and free up some of that cramped SSD for another :)

Seems like the best plan for me. They're all great modules, and I have some I don't fly much, like the Huey or FW-190 because despite my best efforts I absolutely suck with them :) Every one is well-done though, and having them all for free but unarmed is a great way to sort out which ones you'd like to buy.

And yes, some people will just install the free DCS Caucasus map, and fly the free versions of every single module like a civilian sim--unarmed, and just flying around and admiring the scenery, instead of paying for anything.

But, they'll only do it for a little while :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Generally, no.

However, a T-38 freebie wouldn't be a bad idea instead of some/all as unarmed. It could be your baseline fast-moving trainer at the squads, so greenies could literally jump right in with a mediocre joystick, but not have the ability to do the combat activities without hashing out some cash.

I suspect a few exclusive training squads would open. That's not a bad thing considering even if some stuck with it, they could very well end up helping those who would eventually move on.

Get folks addicted, the money will follow.

Edited by Taters

WinX | i7 7700K @ 4.5 | ROG Maximus IX Hero| ASUS ROG GTX 1080 @ 8/256 | G.SKILL TridentZ @ 32 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | SanDisk SSD Plus 240 & 960 | Acer XG270HU 27 2560x1440 | AOC E1659Fwu w/TM Cougars | TM Warthog #53817 w/Monstertech HOTAS Mounts | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR 5 | Razer Blackwidow X Tourney, Naga Epic Chroma, Blackshark | Plugable USB 3.0 7-port hub

Since the flight model is the primary cost of developing one of these aircraft, I can't see any sense to giving it away. They already gave away the P-51, after I paid for it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since the flight model is the primary cost of developing one of these aircraft, I can't see any sense to giving it away.

The model is mostly done for the T-38 (F-5).

I guess that's up to ED & Belsimtek.

They already gave away the P-51, after I paid for it.

An investment with excellent potential for very positive returns. The glass is half full.

WinX | i7 7700K @ 4.5 | ROG Maximus IX Hero| ASUS ROG GTX 1080 @ 8/256 | G.SKILL TridentZ @ 32 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | SanDisk SSD Plus 240 & 960 | Acer XG270HU 27 2560x1440 | AOC E1659Fwu w/TM Cougars | TM Warthog #53817 w/Monstertech HOTAS Mounts | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR 5 | Razer Blackwidow X Tourney, Naga Epic Chroma, Blackshark | Plugable USB 3.0 7-port hub

Actually, it would be irrelevant, considering it all the data would be from scratch anyway. Still, you make a good point, as the T-38 isn't an F-5 B/D.

I retract my comment.

61% said no.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10