Changed CPU and now can't get BS2 to reactivate.

BoneSaw

As the subject says. I upgraded my CPU and when I went to start DCS a message popped up that said a major change in your hardware was detected and now you'll have to reactivate all you'r modules.

The only two I can not get to reactivate are Combined arms and BS2. They act as if they reactivate but you can't fly them.

Deactivate them all and reactivate them

This is not a good advice, since there is a limited number of deactivations and reactivations. Better raise a support ticket with ED and let them solve your issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As the subject says. I upgraded my CPU and when I went to start DCS a message popped up that said a major change in your hardware was detected and now you'll have to reactivate all you'r modules.

The only two I can not get to reactivate are Combined arms and BS2. They act as if they reactivate but you can't fly them.

You can only fix this by getting the registry clearing files to remove the keys from your windows install, and then reactivate after doing that, you will loose an activation for each module you need to do it to. You should have deactivated all modules before the upgrade, but most of us are guilty of that, as it can be a major pain.

Has been mentioned many times in forums so shouldn't be hard to find the info on where the files are.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

For registry clearing, navigate to the DCS site to this path:

Home/Support/Technical Questions/All Activation Issues and scroll down till you get to the paragraph dealing with 'Problem with Activation due to significant changes of the PC or integrity fault of the Activation Key'.

Follow instructions.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'