Is it possible to perform a precision bombardment with JTAC using the GBU-12?

edineygomes

For example, the JTAC passes the coordinates of the target, marked with laser. After converting the coordinates, you place the coordinates in the INS.

So you do not have to use the AG Designate button? I am in this doubt because I would like to launch the GBU-12 from high altitudes such as 20,000 feet without having to mark the target to launch the bomb with the button AG Designate

Thanks

if you mean INS bombing, then NO

in this mode you only enter coordinates of IP. the target itself is offset from the IP, you don't enter its coordinates

I regularly bomb on jtac coordinates using selective stores jettison function online in a multiplayer war campaign

can destroy four targets in one pass using this method

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you mean INS bombing, then NO

in this mode you only enter coordinates of IP. the target itself is offset from the IP, you don't enter its coordinates

I regularly bomb on jtac coordinates using stores jettison function online in a multiplayer war campaign

can destroy four targets in one pass using this method

It's a shame we do not have the option to launch Gbu-12 without having to mark the target area before. At high altitudes it may be that you do not see the cross when you are near the point of navigation. Is there any method similar to the F-5 for high altitude launch for this bomb? I mean, there in the training missions there is a launching table, showing the distance of the target, the altitude and speed that you must be in order to launch.

But with this method do you eject all the bombs at once? Or one by one?

It's a shame we do not have the option to launch Gbu-12 without having to mark the target area before.

why ? there is a method. you yourself have mentioned it above. it's called precision bombing or INS bombing. you won't need to designate a target in order to receive a bombing solution..

At high altitudes it may be that you do not see the cross when you are near the point of navigation. Is there any method similar to the F-5 for high altitude launch for this bomb? I mean, there in the training missions there is a launching table, showing the distance of the target, the altitude and speed that you must be in order to launch.

if you convert jtac's coordinates and input them into INS as WP - there you go, you'll have your distance to the target

But with this method do you eject all the bombs at once? Or one by one?

one by one of course, there's only one laser code you can set for all bombs. not four different laser codes :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why ? there is a method. you yourself have mentioned it above. it's called precision bombing or INS bombing. you won't need to designate a target in order to receive a bombing solution..

if you convert jtac's coordinates and input them into INS as WP - there you go, you'll have your distance to the target

one by one of course, there's only one laser code you can set for all bombs. not four different laser codes :D

Using the F-5 table together with the weapons ejection mode worked as I wished

I was able to launch the bomb at the altitude of 30,000 feet following the attached table

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByksCnG5753DM3ZKV1N1OV94LUU

Thanks for help !

Edited by edineygomes

Or you can use the PI (Point initial ~= Ingress Point) bomb delivery method that does the release calculation for you as mentioned by ZHeN.

This method require more preparation but that's how the real Mirage 2000C drop GBUs when they are on a bomb truck mission.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I made 2 videos sort of demonstrating it from a A10-C & ground JTAC:

26k ft

About 30 ft

The original request was "I would like to launch the GBU-12 from high altitudes such as 20,000 feet without having to mark the target to launch the bomb with the button AG Designate". Your videos are showing exactly the opposite. :music_whistling:

In theory yes, but then it is not a precision bombing. You can use smoke marker from the JTAC to designate a target for normal CCRP delivery and then just tell him to turn the laser on whenever you drop. I have actually implemented this method in the upcoming Red Flag campaign.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I would like to launch the GBU-12 from high altitudes such as 20,000 feet without having to mark the target to launch the bomb with the button AG Designate
You can drop bombs with gbu at high altitude (25000ft) with JTAC assistance without having to dive (which would make you lose 10000 ft) to mark the area.

The idea is to make possible the drop of one bomb without having to jettison all your cargo at a same time (like i read in this thread) and without having to make complicated preparation on the F10 map.

Below I explain how i do with the method with the rho/theta but i prefer the DL/DG INS bombing for more precision.

1. You must be familiar with the INS precision bombing. If you are not i recommend you to check this

which will explain you the rho/theta method.

2. On multiplayer server, when you will ask the JTAC for a ground target, it will give you its coordinates with a specific format. You must then create a waypoint and enter these coordinates in the ins. Pay attention to convert these coordinates in the appropriate fomat!

3. Then for the rho/teta I enter for rho: 0.01 (the minimum distance possible), and for teta: the value you want (180 for example). For the delta alt you enter the value as explain in the video tutorial: if you drop at 25000 feet and your target is at 150 feet then you must enter -24850 (150-25000).

4. Here is the tricky part. When you'll fly over your target twaypoint, continue to fly away from it until 10nm. Then fly back to it and when you'll be between 6 to 7 nm from the waypoint (with an altitude of 25000ft) drop the bomb by pressing the fire trigger. Don't wait for the computer authorization.

5. Your gbu will then fly and take the laser.

I hope it's clear.

Edited by blast

whoa isn't that too complicated ? why would you need that CCRP solution if you don't wait for the cue to come ? if you don't need CCRP solution, then you don't even have to enter all those rho/theta parameters...

what really works for me online (I don't play single player at all) is just enter target-waypoint and then jettison them one by one from 40k ft alt just looking at the direction&distance to the target on HSI and my speed: the longest shot on a mean-sea-level-target would be @ 12nm, M0.93 (no afterburner)

one thing one must understand: the bigger the altitude - the bigger the bomb's seeker's cone, hence the chance of obtaining the guidance

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can drop bombs with gbu at high altitude (25000ft) with JTAC assistance without having to dive (which would make you lose 10000 ft) to mark the area.

The idea is to make possible the drop of one bomb without having to jettison all your cargo at a same time (like i read in this thread) and without having to make complicated preparation on the F10 map.

Below I explain how i do with the method with the rho/theta but i prefer the DL/DG INS bombing for more precision.

1. You must be familiar with the INS precision bombing. If you are not i recommend you to check this

which will explain you the rho/theta method.

2. On multiplayer server, when you will ask the JTAC for a ground target, it will give you its coordinates with a specific format. You must then create a waypoint and enter these coordinates in the ins. Pay attention to convert these coordinates in the appropriate fomat!

3. Then for the rho/teta I enter for rho: 0.01 (the minimum distance possible), and for teta: the value you want (180 for example). For the delta alt you enter the value as explain in the video tutorial: if you drop at 25000 feet and your target is at 150 feet then you must enter -24850 (150-25000).

4. Here is the tricky part. When you'll fly over your target twaypoint, continue to fly away from it until 10nm. Then fly back to it and when you'll be between 6 to 7 nm from the waypoint (with an altitude of 25000ft) drop the bomb by pressing the fire trigger. Don't wait for the computer authorization.

5. Your gbu will then fly and take the laser.

I hope it's clear.

I don't know what to say.....

This this not how the system is supposed to be used, and not how you should use it.

And from my understanding point 3 is wrong. The ΔAlt is the altitude difference between your BUT(waypoint) and your BAD(offset waypoint). Not the difference between your altitude and your target altitude.

Edit: What ZHeN say is true, why bothering using the INS PI bombing mode if you are not using any of its information/cues ?

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

What ZHeN say is true, why bothering using the INS PI bombing mode if you are not using any of its information/cues ?

I use this method just be able to drop the bomb. The weapon system doesnt allow you to drop the bomb if you don't mark the target.

what really works for me online (I don't play single player at all) is just enter target-waypoint and then jettison them one by one from 40k ft alt j

Your method would be indeed better if I could jettison the bombs one by one. When i select the ELI on the PCA and arm the jettison switch, the system drop ALL my gbu, not one by one. How do you jettison one by one?