Space Bar Not Working

The new default seems to be Left Shift + Space. Once I replaced the Trigger with that, everything's working fine.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

This problem should be a thing of the past very soon.

From today's OpenBeta changelog for the A-10C:

DCS A-10C
  • Corrected training missions. For mission progress the trigger wait for specified command (gun trigger 2nd position), so if user have re-assigned Space key, training mission will stuck. This action replaced with "Start Wait User Response"/"Stop Wait User Response" pair for all such cases.

Probably only a week or two until this also gets pushed to the stable version of DCS. :thumbup:

Guess that's not bad for a problem first reported in this thread on Halloween 2017. :music_whistling:

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 1 year later...

same issue. AV-8B tutorial fire practive. Funny thing is that "spacebar" to progress what guy say is ok. Sometimes the spacebar to shoot is also ok, for 2-3 second, then stops working (bind in HOTAS for spacebar, but hitting spacebar on keyboard does not work either)

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Toledo said:

When I push OSB4 to turn OPTO ELCTRIC on for mavericks, it hangs up

What training mission is that? And are you using the old A-10C or the newer A-10C II? Which version of DCS are you running?

By the looks of it, the next stage of that training should be triggered by pressing the highlighted OSB on the MFCD, so it's a bit unclear to me why you chose to report this in a thread about the space bar not working as expected.

• Like 1

Maverick Training mission. It does this in both openbeta and stable release, A10C and A10C II. I do press the OSB 4 and nothing happens. timer comes on for maverick cooldown.

If you look at the pic i posted you can see the timer at 5 minutes. And the space bar does not work.

ver 28157 stable, and openbeta

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 12:47 AM, Toledo said:

Maverick Training mission. It does this in both openbeta and stable release, A10C and A10C II. I do press the OSB 4 and nothing happens. timer comes on for maverick cooldown.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Yeah, I see the same in the current version, and this has been reported. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

• Like 1