Must read For FlyInside users with performance problems in DCS!

hideki2

Experiencing DCS 1.5 being a stutter mess in Oculus?

Using FlyInside for any of its supported platforms?

Well here is your problem! Just reinstall your Nvidia GPU driver and never ever EVER start FlyInside again! Now you can enjoy buttery smooth DCS despite having just a GTX970!

Seriously guys. I barelly played DCS anymore because it never run smooth even on absolute lowest settings it was stuttering and ASW was running at weird 45/46/47 fps instead of 45 or 90. And than after I was forced to update my GPU driver and accidentaly decided to try DCS it was uber smooth, so I decided to try FlyInside as well. It run like crap, as usually. BUT!!! After that DCS Run like shit again, until I reinstalled GPU driver again. Seriously FlyInside does something bad to ASW. Sorry for a long post, but I hope this wil help some of you. Now I am able to run DCS 1.5 in VR on medium and its absolutely silky smooth and hardly any ASW artefacts.

Sorry to ask but why would you use FlyInside for DCS when you have native support?

I have used FlyInside for P3D in the past because of a lack of native support so I understand the use of the program but what advantage would there be to adding the load to your system when its really not needed?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Sorry to ask but why would you use FlyInside for DCS when you have native support?

Sorry, but you misunderstood me. I meant if you ever use FlyInside for FSX/P3D/X-plane on your machine than it messes up native VR in DCS. At least on my PC.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll have to investigate. But for me, the stutter is only in Normandy missions. Interesting.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi, I'm Tony from Flyinside. This must be a problem with your system. I use Flyinside, DCS 1.5 and 2.0 FSX P3D and xplane 10 and 11. Myself and our users certainly don't have a "stutterfest" try rolling back drivers or do a system wipe and start again.

Hi, I'm Tony from Flyinside. This must be a problem with your system. I use Flyinside, DCS 1.5 and 2.0 FSX P3D and xplane 10 and 11. Myself and our users certainly don't have a "stutterfest" try rolling back drivers or do a system wipe and start again.

Wow..hello Tony, how do i use flyinside in DCS. Very interesting. Looking forward to your answer...:thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Nobody said you use Flyinside "with" DCS lol

Oh... I thought you had it running with DCS. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi Tony! Please excuse my wording. I was excited by my find when I wrote that. You are right that it might be system specific. However At least one person on DCS facebook where I also posted reported that it also worked for them. Unfortunately Fly Inside never worked correctly for me. Build in ASW seems to be independent from Oculuses ASW(I could never force ASW through Oculus try tool). And it never works correctly in P3d or FSX for me. I keep getting 46 - 47 frames and the ground is jumping back and forth when I look to the side while flying. And most crucially: After running FlyInside this same happens in DCS, even if I restart the PC as if Flyinside did something to the driver. until I reinstall driver I get 46/47 fps in DCS and stuttery/jumpy surrounding.

I am running very clean system that has been wiped for 2 weeks ago and had those problems ever since I tried Flyinside.

Any way Thanks for noticing my post and sorry if I came out offensive. I really wasn't my intention.

Also please join the Flyinside forum and we will help you get things sorted hopefully ;)

I actually posted on the forum a while ago describing my problem, but never got a reply. My nick there is Hideki2 if you wish to take a look. :)

Hi hideki2,

I've just had a similar problem - suddenly all flightsims going hyper stuttery : ASW kicking allmost all the time and when kicking, it was like broken, not like synthetic 90 fps but like real 45 fps very jittery.

It was after installing the last 388.13 nvidia drivers. I've just rolled back to 388.0 doing a fresh uninstall/install and everything came back OK in all sims.