LockOn.exe problem

Flier

Flier, neither tweak by Viper or me will damage your system if you do it right. So go ahead. You can easily back them out.

You could also try disabling other apps on you system such as anti-virus - some of these apps do horrible things. Also check your video drivers, get new/different versions.

You might also want to try the FS Auto-Start Utility. Will temporarily shut down any unnecessary backround applications running on your PC which could lead to an increase in performance.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks again,159th_Viper.but i dont think i need the utility anymore.coz i'd tried the methods that u and Kula66 taught me,but it doesnt make any difference,the problem still exist.but there's OK,i think is time to close the case now,dont wanna keep on bother u guys.(just try to get some pills to control my anger when it's happens again.haha,just kidding.)u guys have been so helpful out there,once again,a big thanks to u guys.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's another idea. The error mentions "ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer:7.0.2600.2180" - That DLL msvcrt.dll - do a search of your hard disk, from the root "C:\" and find if you have multiple different versions of that file on your system. Perhaps, LO is calling the wrong version?

Thanks for the reply. I received my PC just 2 weeks ago from DELL, fresh with its WinXP Pro. I have also performed a Windows update on every thing. My LO install sequence was : Lockon CD -> Lock FC CD -> patch 1.12a

Things that I have tried:

(1) Do nothing. Outcome - random crash to destop, with the "send error report" thingie.

(2) Turn on all DEP EXCEPT lockon.exe, Outcome - no improvement

(3) Add a file called lockon.exe.local, Outcome - two error messages on starting the game, one is the msvcrt.dll stuff, the other is like ++Library or something, then crash to desktop immediately.

I have actually asked the same question a few days ago on http://www.lockonfiles.com forum, when lockon.ru was down. And it surprised me that many people have the same problem but still there's no solution. So I hope ED would spare a little time and give us a hotfix.

Guest IguanaKing

I had this same issue a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried experimenting with different video drivers? On my machine, it was a video driver issue that was causing the problem.

BTW...what version of Windows XP pro is that? Is it the 32-bit version, or the 64-bit version?

This problem was easily solved with the .local fix during the original release and its patches, it seems however ED have made some changes since with flaming cliffs where it dosn't always work. Judging by ED doing nothing about this bug in the original game, I wouldn't hold your breath for them to do anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Same Prob here. Tried the Local File extension thingy but no luck. I get the origenal error msg that is expected but once i click ok i get a debuging error wich gives me the choice to Abort, tryagain or ignore. If i press anything but ignore i get booted to desk top. If i press ignore i got thrown another error which is a runtime error :cry:

By looking at all the Lock On forums i see this is a common prob and used to be able to be fixed with the Lockon.exe.local fix but i have tried it with 1.1 and 1.2a and doesnt now work. We need a new fix :helpsmilie: or new patch to remove the prob altogether :music_whistling:

Game for me now is unplayable. I get maybe 10min before crash if i lucky :pilotfly:

Heres keeping my fingers crossed :P but as said before, they jave known about this since Lock on v1 but ignored it. So i dont see whats going to change now

:chair: :pain: :cry_2: :dunno: :badmood: :Flush: :crash: :ranting: :vertag: :puke: :wallbash: :protest: :censored: :disgust: :bye_3:

New file

basicaly a notepad file 0 bytes

edit :

Just tried with making a copy of lock on .exe file and renaming it lockon.exe.local but it all happens the same. Also says something about abnormal program termination under the runtime error error window and the debug error error window

Just for chuckles, give lockon.bat a try. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your main LOMAC/FC directory and double click it (it's the file immediately before lockon.exe) to run it. I seem to recall that it solves some of these startup problems. You just have to run it one time.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hi,

A stupid question perhaps, but I am going to ask it anyway......are you sure you got the right V1.12a patch for your FC version?

Note that there are two different CD patch versions.

Thanks for the reply. I received my PC just 2 weeks ago from DELL, fresh with its WinXP Pro. I have also performed a Windows update on every thing. My LO install sequence was : Lockon CD -> Lock FC CD -> patch 1.12a

JJ

I play with the CD version of Flaming Cliff, brought online from lockon.ru, and installed the CD patch 1.12a, which is the uppermost out of the three pathces that can be found in the English download section. I suppose I am doing fine here, am I?

And Ironhand, I will try the .bat solution and see if it works. Though I've been pretty busy lately and didn't get the time to fly. Thanks anyway.

I play with the CD version of Flaming Cliff, brought online from lockon.ru, and installed the CD patch 1.12a, which is the uppermost out of the three pathces that can be found in the English download section. I suppose I am doing fine here, am I?

Yeah then you got the right one.

JJ

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rapture

same problem

Hi There!

I am sorry to say, same problem here!

AMD 64Athlon x2 (3800)

2 Gig Ram

PX 7900 gtx Video

SB Live Audio

XP Home

Flaming Cliffs 1.12a

Hoping for a fix soon

Regards

Alfred:doh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

bump...

so I guess no one has found a solution for this prob?

how about copying the msvcrt.dll file from Windows System32 folder and placing it instead of the original LO msvcrt.dll file?

any one tried it?

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Just for chuckles, give lockon.bat a try. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your main LOMAC/FC directory and double click it (it's the file immediately before lockon.exe) to run it. I seem to recall that it solves some of these startup problems. You just have to run it one time.

Rich

Awesome! That started the sim! I was getting runtime errors, and almost gave up getting Lock On to work on my new rig. The odd thing, I tested it on my laptop without any problems. Strange thing, but old games and new hardware is a risky biznizz! :megalol: Now I am off to Modman installing mods!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

• 7 months later...