Moltar's Mod Pack

Willy what was your final number that you settled on fir the minigun

I gonna tell you as soon as I am back in DCS...real life keeps me busy but certainly today (Fri) I´ll have a lot of spare time past 3pm Zulu - still have the issue that you don´t hear it well from pilots perspective (you feel the shudder of the helo though) - helmet on/off doesn´t really matter. Gunners perspective is working well.

It´s hard to determine what is real life behaviour as all the vids on youtube I know are recorded from the rear (and obviously the recording microfone wears no helmet :smilewink:). The Huey´s interior sounds are very loud IRL without a helmet so with ear protection it might be more or less no "volume" of the minigun to be heard in front seats when the doorgunner fires. Maybe a "real" pilot is reading this post and chimes in....??

DCS also seem to mask the sound with the engine noise.

But anyways....I will check an come back to you.

Willy

EDIT: already done :-)

===================================================================================

minigunL-dry-fire.sdef gain = 6.3

minigunL_fire.sdef gain = 40

minigun_fire.IN.sdef gain = 52

Same for the respective entries with minigunR

This setting - at least with my system setup - seems to be more accurate to what I found on the web combined with the very loud Huey sounds in the Mod (which I like very much indeed).

Other entries need no tuning. You may start with this values and if you think that they are still too low in volume just increase them (suggest to go +2 for the dryfire entries and +10 for fire and fire.IN for testing.

The M60 seems to sound fairly accurate (compare the linked vid).

My general sound volume ingame is 100% each, modulated with my headset resp. sound output of my hardware.

If you´d like to have a comparison:

first 2 minutes seem to be recorded what I suppose to hear with ear protection....but thats personal taste :-))). If you continue to watch the video you´ll see that the sound volume of both guns differs with the angle of recording (= your position in relation to barrel).

Let me know what you think

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 4 weeks later...

Yay for new versions!

Changed a bit on the external sounds and added a smattering of other mods for cockpits, textures, etc. Feel free to check the Reddit posting to get a full list of what is included and who the contributing authors are.

Link to new version!

Moltar's Mod WIP v15.1

**Warning about this version if you play at lower volumes!

There is an issue with an audible repeating engine sound. This sound can only be heard if you play at lower volumes. If you can hear this sound and its bothering you you can edit the below file to decrease its volume. Find the line for gain and change the value from 100 to 50 or less.

Moltar's Mod - Sound - WIP v15.1\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Engines\Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Flyby_S.sdef

Yay for new versions!

Changed a bit on the external sounds and added a smattering of other mods for cockpits, textures, etc. Feel free to check the Reddit posting to get a full list of what is included and who the contributing authors are.

Link to new version!

Moltar's Mod WIP v15.1

**Warning about this version if you play at lower volumes!

There is an issue with an audible repeating engine sound. This sound can only be heard if you play at lower volumes. If you can hear this sound and its bothering you you can edit the below file to decrease its volume. Find the line for gain and change the value from 100 to 50 or less.

Moltar's Mod - Sound - WIP v15.1\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Engines\Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Flyby_S.sdef

woot! thanks buddy!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Pretty big update today...

You can now update my mod directly using OvGME.

If we ELI5, this means that you can have OvGME query the repositories and it will let you know if one or more parts of my mod are out of date. If it is, you can simply hit download and it will download the most up-to-date version.

If you do not already have OvGME I would highly suggest you get it, not only for the repository, but also for the ease at which you can turn mods on and off. Even if you already have JSGME, I would still highly suggest you switch. OvGME, to me, is a better piece of software that both runs better and quicker.

How to setup OvGME to use the Moltar's Mod repositories:

First off, we need to add the new repositories to OvGME so that it knows where to look for the mod files.

There are 2 mirrors that you can use. One is in NA, the other is EU.

NA MIRROR: http://51bisons.com/downloads/Release/moltars_mod_na.xml

EU MIRROR: http://moltar.sakarias.eu/Release/moltars_mod_eu.xml

Go to Mods > Repositories > Configure

JjOFeWe.png

Type the URL for the location that is closest to you in the URL field and select Add. The location URL's are listed above. Hit close when done.

H23bgMp.png

Go to Mods > Repositories > Query

hXsMhn8.png

If you do NOT already have all or parts of the mod, a grey arrow will appear. If you have it, but it is out of date, a red arrow pointing up will be present. If you have it and it is up-to-date a green check will be seen.

You can either use CTRL+Click to select parts that you want to download followed by 'Download Selected' or you can download all of the parts regardless of the state by simply hitting 'Download All'.

Zgdsmth.png

Once done your downloads will begin and once completed will show in the OvGME mod file window.

JjOFeWe

Edited by M0ltar

OvGME Repo worked like a charm for me, fantastic work on this. Will be a very valuable feature to quickly and easily stay up to date with the latest version! S!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Updated the sound part of the mod. Fixed and issue where prop and the A10 were having looping audio play in F2 view. Also modified the flyby and external sounds so more.

You can use OvGME to get the update or use the links below.

Sounds Only Update 1.5.2

Full Mod w/ Sound Updated to 1.5.2

Edited by M0ltar

• 2 months later...

New version of my mod has been uploaded to the server and is ready to be pulled down. All modules are at 1.5.1 with the exception of sounds which is 1.5.6. You can download using OvGME directly or your browser. Really the only thing that has been updated is a change to some cockpit glass in a couple of the pit mods and sounds.

Direct Download Link

Instructions for Downloading Using OvGME

Sounds have had a decent overhaul, especially externally. Its not quite as loud anymore, but I feel it is way more accurate. This is thanks in large part to Hubson on the ED forums. His F15 Sound Mod has reshaped external sounds for most aircraft. I have also modified the FA-18 engine and afterburner sounds as I felt they were way way to quiet. However, the majority of the FA-18 sounds are really well done so they were left untouched.

As usual, please let me know if there are any issues, bugs, or if something just does not seem right.

Edited by M0ltar

• 2 months later...

Hello, M0ltar.

I have only looked at your edits for the Mark II and K-14 gunsights at the moment, but I really like what you've done with the Spitfire's Mark II.

When I saw your edit for the Spitfire's gunsight, I thought I'd build upon it. The end result looks really well, and I want to put it out onto the DCS UserFiles (not sure why some people still use LockOn sometimes). But, I think it's best I get your approval first, sense I have used yours as a template.

My edit of your Mark II sight:

[ATTACH]192301[/ATTACH]

Your edit of the default Mark II sight:

[ATTACH]192303[/ATTACH]

I found something that bothered me though. The "tick" in your edit was tapered quite a bit short of the end of the canvas, and this would have lead to miscalculations of distances to targets if someone was to use the Mark II properly. I rebuilt the tick from scratch, but changed where and the intensity of the taper. I added a red hue to the sight, particularly around the inside edge. I also shortened the distance and taper on the vertical line. Even on ED's Spitfire sight, the lines go right outside of the limit, so you don't see the taper, even though ED originally put it there. I shortened it, and tried to make it look more closely to the real Mark II's sight.

I'm still working on it. I also want to create a dirty reflector glass version. I still want to add a little more glow in certain areas.

I've done a similar thing with the K-14, though I used the default sight from ED for my template:

[ATTACH]192302[/ATTACH]

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hello, M0ltar.

I have only looked at your edits for the Mark II and K-14 gunsights at the moment, but I really like what you've done with the Spitfire's Mark II.

When I saw your edit for the Spitfire's gunsight, I thought I'd build upon it. The end result looks really well, and I want to put it out onto the DCS UserFiles (not sure why some people still use LockOn sometimes). But, I think it's best I get your approval first, sense I have used yours as a template.

My edit of your Mark II sight:

[ATTACH]192301[/ATTACH]

Your edit of the default Mark II sight:

[ATTACH]192303[/ATTACH]

I found something that bothered me though. The "tick" in your edit was tapered quite a bit short of the end of the canvas, and this would have lead to miscalculations of distances to targets if someone was to use the Mark II properly. I rebuilt the tick from scratch, but changed where and the intensity of the taper. I added a red hue to the sight, particularly around the inside edge. I also shortened the distance and taper on the vertical line. Even on ED's Spitfire sight, the lines go right outside of the limit, so you don't see the taper, even though ED originally put it there. I shortened it, and tried to make it look more closely to the real Mark II's sight.

I'm still working on it. I also want to create a dirty reflector glass version. I still want to add a little more glow in certain areas.

I've done a similar thing with the K-14, though I used the default sight from ED for my template:

[ATTACH]192302[/ATTACH]

While I appreciate your kind words, I cannot take credit for the HUD changes. I think, and there are a lot of mods and I dont fly the Spit, that this change was done by CODENAME_DH96 and can be found here. His changes are not only limited to the Spit. HUD changes have been made to several aircraft to try and make them more realistic.

Uploaded a new version of the mod pack. Not too much has changed. Tweaked some sounds a bit, added some KA50 stuff from EN3RG1E, and added Mustang's Texture packs for Caucuses and Persian Gulf.

You can download via the repo using OVGME or using the below download link. If you already have the last version of the mod pack and are downloading using the below link the only pieces you need to download are Cockpits, Mustangs Map Textures, and Sounds. Everything else is unchanged.

http://www.51bisons.com/downloads/release/

Edited by M0ltar

So in the last update there was an issue with Mustang's Map Textures - Persian Gulf. This should be fixed. I have also, just now, updated again the sounds for the mod to v1.5.8. This changes a considerable number of external sounds for F2 and F3 views

Here are some ingame examples of what parts of the sound portion of the mod sounds like. I am no wizard with the camera, but hopefully this gives you some sense of what you're getting into. The sounds shown are NOT the only sounds modified. This is only a small test of the overall changes. (WARNING - These videos are loud!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Moltar!

Checkout the new F-18 cockpit cosmetics mod and consider adding it :)

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Hey Moltar!

Checkout the new F-18 cockpit cosmetics mod and consider adding it :)

At one point it was added for his next release version, then we realized it was failing IC.

I think he might be planning to add the IC complaint version back...and hopefully the community can lobby strongly enough to get ED to green light the much improved glass texture from the original so it can be added back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

Moltar, I was looking to your mod pack to pull out the RAE mod which had been updated for the new 2.5 architecture. Could you point me to the file path for just this portion in your pack? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi,

Anyone else getting an overlap error between the Cockpit and the Hud mod files? I don't recall seeing this before but the Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures/helmet_frame.tga is duplicated in both zip files. They do appear to be the same though.

Moltar, I was looking to your mod pack to pull out the RAE mod which had been updated for the new 2.5 architecture. Could you point me to the file path for just this portion in your pack? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here is the RWR mod that is being used in the pack.

Hi,

Anyone else getting an overlap error between the Cockpit and the Hud mod files? I don't recall seeing this before but the Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures/helmet_frame.tga is duplicated in both zip files. They do appear to be the same though.

I just checked the latest version and I am not getting this issue. How long has it been since you updated my mod pack?

Hi M0ltar,

I recently re-downloaded all of them via your ovgme 51bisons repository. I have Cockpit 1.5.3 and HUD 1.5.1 installed.

(Hopefully) there is a screen shot of the zip contents which shows the same file in both packages on this post.

I'm not really flying the Ka-50 at the moment so its not bothering me personally.

mods.PNG.9c581dbaeaa1087952587183e9f2b0bb.PNG