Any performance patch planned?

giei

I bought the Epsom campaign but it's impossible to use the Spitfire in Normandy with Oculus.

I can't reach 45 fps with a 1080ti at lower possible settings. (max 30 fps, min 18 fps)

So, any news on future patches focused on performance improvement?

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Spit is the least optimized of all the modules. In addition it's not active or rearview mirror. He probably has ED a higher priority :( in the form of a Hornet.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Why the post was moved here?

This is a module problem and not a campaign issue.

This is a VR thing in general, DCS was not built and designed around VR, there will always be some limitations, when I got the rift, I knew it was going to be limited and more limited, as I only have a 1070 at the moment, so I only fly small missions, to keep the frames are good. There is no way I would attempt to fly this campaign in VR.

It will get better I think? as ED optimizes the sim for both VR and Screen, I think it will always be a balance for VR, even for the most powerful PC's around, because of this new first gen tech and how demanding it is in general. Is VR good in DCS? Yes, great experience, but never design from the ground up for VR, unlike most games in the Oculus store or small and less demanding sims, such as the car sims.

I would lower your expectations here a little for VR in DCS and not expect to play very large missions in VR.:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This is a VR thing in general, DCS was not built and designed around VR, there will always be some limitations

Still, the Spitfire has the worst FPS of all WWII planes, VR or not.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3273609&postcount=19

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This is a VR thing in general, DCS was not built and designed around VR, there will always be some limitations, when I got the rift, I knew it was going to be limited and more limited, as I only have a 1070 at the moment, so I only fly small missions, to keep the frames are good. There is no way I would attempt to fly this campaign in VR.

It will get better I think? as ED optimizes the sim for both VR and Screen, I think it will always be a balance for VR, even for the most powerful PC's around, because of this new first gen tech and how demanding it is in general. Is VR good in DCS? Yes, great experience, but never design from the ground up for VR, unlike most games in the Oculus store or small and less demanding sims, such as the car sims.

I would lower your expectations here a little for VR in DCS and not expect to play very large missions in VR.:)

Spitfire + Normandy is the only combo you can't use in vr.

I create an empty mission, no others planes or vehicles and it's impossible to get decent fps.

So, I probably bought a campaign I can't play due to complexity but at the moment I can't fly Spitfire in Normandy.

Still, the Spitfire has the worst FPS of all WWII planes, VR or not.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3273609&postcount=19

Didn't know that, interesting, thanks for posting your research link.

Spitfire + Normandy is the only combo you can't use in vr.

I create an empty mission, no others planes or vehicles and it's impossible to get decent fps.

So, I probably bought a campaign I can't play due to complexity but at the moment I can't fly Spitfire in Normandy.

I use these settings HERE for playing this campaign at 1440p on a monitor, perhaps they can help you find a good balance for screen play. I would wait a bit for ED to update for VR, there is no doubt it needs optimizing across the board for VR and Screen, I do hope ED can work some magic here down the track, 2.5? :)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I use these settings HERE for playing this campaign at 1440p on a monitor, perhaps they can help you find a good balance for screen play. I would wait a bit for ED to update for VR, there is no doubt it needs optimizing across the board for VR and Screen, I do hope ED can work some magic here down the track, 2.5? :)

I already use lower settings than yours but thx for suggestion.