Sharing Pre-flight Planning concept

Sgt_Cyanide

Sounds good.

I played around with it for an hour or so and have yet to have it successfully load into the game. I get the error message for import failed when I try that, but get a good export. I read the attached doc that says what to do for the error and I did delete everything after the Data_cartridges = { }, but still no joy.

I'm assuming that its more then likely something with my .lua file that I missed

If you can attach the lua file I'll take a look on it. Maybe I'll spot what's wrong or you can take the init.lua in the documents folder. It's a sample file that I used.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can attach the lua file I'll take a look on it. Maybe I'll spot what's wrong or you can take the init.lua in the documents folder. It's a sample file that I used.

The very bottom of my .lua is this:

Data_cartridges = {

}

need_to_be_closed = true

The same errors pop up for me. It also crashes whenever I import from cartridge then try to select a different cartridge number.

Ok, I could reproduce this error with four different settings.

Please check the following:

- Trailing/leading whitespace infront/behind "Data_cartridges = { "

- Trailing/leading whitespace infront/behind "} "

- Missing "Data_cartridges = {

}"

- "Data_cartridges = {}"

Please look if one of those is matching :).

Ok, I could reproduce this error with four different settings.

Please check the following:

- Trailing/leading whitespace infront/behind "Data_cartridges = { "

- Trailing/leading whitespace infront/behind "} "

- Missing "Data_cartridges = {

}"

- "Data_cartridges = {}"

Please look if one of those is matching :).

So should I just edit it to look like "Data_cartridges = {}"? and then have the "need_to_be_closed = true" underneath it with no space between the 2?

It needs to be exactly like this for now (see screenshot below).

Update. Got the lua to look that and was able to export to it (I was able to see the points loaded into the lua). But When I select the cartridge through the kneeboard, insert it and 9099 LS/SKU I dont see any of the waypoints loaded. Am I missing something while loading?

Edit. Got it working! not sure what I did to fix it, but it works haha. Hopefully someone elese learns from all my noob mistakes!

Edited by Tyrant07

Update. Got the lua to look that and was able to export to it (I was able to see the points loaded into the lua). But When I select the cartridge through the kneeboard, insert it and 9099 LS/SKU I dont see any of the waypoints loaded. Am I missing something while loading?

Nice to hear!

Don't be in the plane, while exporting. Init.lua loads when the ajs 37 spawns.

I usually do it like this:

- Open kneeboard, select appropriate data cartridge ID.

- Insert data cartridge into the slot.

- select Ref/lola, input 9099

- push LS/SKU

- Wait

- switch to output and akt/pos

- Hit LS again for start waypoint

- Do a plausibility test

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

Thank you very much mate for your job!!!!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Seems to be an excellent feature if developed!!

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

I cant get it to work, maybe its me or a bug

I make a route.

Export it.

Open the game and kneeboard.

Data catridge selected: 0 How do i choose datacatridge?

Cant load my pre planned route.

Thats how far i got..?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I cant get it to work, maybe its me or a bug

I make a route.

Export it.

Open the game and kneeboard.

Data catridge selected: 0 How do i choose datacatridge?

Cant load my pre planned route.

Thats how far i got..?

You need to select data cartridge 1. If you select 0 it will load the flight plan from DCS it self if there is one.

To select data cartridges search in the keybindings for the AJS37 "Select Data Cartridge - Down" and "Select Data Cartridge -Up".

Just a review of the procedure:

The DMP interface shows at the bottom left an option box for selecting data cartridges from 1 to 5 (there is no 0 available).

-Let's say that I select number 1 and I prepare a route (At least LS, B1 and L1 waypoints).

-Then I export it.

-Then, I load DCS, I join a server and I get an ASJ37 multiplayer slot.

-I start up the plane.

-After start up, I will have to load the data cartridge (physically) and enter 9099 in order to have the route loaded in the system.

-As you mentioned, by using LControl+LShift+C keybind while being in the cockpit you "Select Data Cartridge UP". For the opposite you use LControl+LShift+LAlt+C.

At this point some critical questions are arising:

a. [is there any indication or method, when in cockpit, to verify the selected data cartridge by the aforementioned keybindings? How many selections do I have? Five or more?]

b. When I will have to physically load the cartridge to the back of the left panel? Before selecting or after selecting a cartridge by the aforementioned keybindings?

c. When import function is used?

Many Thanks for your effort mate!!!!!!!!

Just a review of the procedure:

The DMP interface shows at the bottom left an option box for selecting data cartridges from 1 to 5 (there is no 0 available).

-Let's say that I select number 1 and I prepare a route (At least LS, B1 and L1 waypoints).

-Then I export it.

-Then, I load DCS, I join a server and I get an ASJ37 multiplayer slot.

-I start up the plane.

-After start up, I will have to load the data cartridge (physically) and enter 9099 in order to have the route loaded in the system.

-As you mentioned, by using LControl+LShift+C keybind while being in the cockpit you "Select Data Cartridge UP". For the opposite you use LControl+LShift+LAlt+C.

At this point some critical questions are arising:

a. [is there any indication or method, when in cockpit, to verify the selected data cartridge by the aforementioned keybindings? How many selections do I have? Five or more?]

b. When I will have to physically load the cartridge to the back of the left panel? Before selecting or after selecting a cartridge by the aforementioned keybindings?

c. When import function is used?

Many Thanks for your effort mate!!!!!!!!

a)

You can view a page in the kneeboard that shows the selected data cartridge (see screenshot below). You only have 5 slots for now. Additional I recommend to to a plausibility test. That means you select the LS waypoint in AKT/POS mode. Switch to REF/LOLA. Verify your starting airbase by looking up the number in the display in your kneeboard.

After that, check if the distance from one waypoint to the other is plausible. Last test is to verify the landing airbase, by selecting L1. Switch again to REF/LOLA and verify the number on the display with the number on the kneeboard.

b)

I always select the data cartridge befor inserting it.

c)

You can use the import function on my application when a buddy of you wants to fly a mission with you or you need to edit you flight plans.

You don't need to restart the whole game if you alter your flight plan. It's only important that you are not in the plane while exporting it to the data cartridges! The plane must respawn.

------------------------

Update: The TOT function is very hard to implement for me, it takes some time to finish it I guess (screenshot below). I hate math :lol:.

Progress.thumb.PNG.bc7d7e7042a24591b7eae21d8890a499.PNG

Kneeboard.thumb.PNG.2b1a79101144a975c00162317e6a772c.PNG

Excellent I will try right now mate

Excellent!!!!!

It works