Sharing Pre-flight Planning concept

Sgt_Cyanide

I have now tried to import the sample file but no luck.

Attached my own init.

Thanks for uploading your init file. I've imported your init file successfully and altered the flight plan and saved it to the same file without an error. Everything seems to work.

- Could you show me the whole error message?

- Do you have .NET 4.6.1 installed?

- Are you using version 0.0.2?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get 4.6.1 to install. The installation finish without issues, no errors, but 4.6.1 isn't listed among versions, tested both web and offline installers. Can't find anything on the net for this issue (many threads with install error issues, but that's not really applicable here). Also, strangely enough, when I look in the list of historical Windows updates there are several .net 4.6.1 entries. Does 4.7 overwrite previous versions on install?

Does DMP really necessitates 4.6.1 and wont work with higher versions?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Oke, I didn't find any errors right know, I'll implement some sort of trace log in my application that logs all errors in a local log file.

This will help me to solve such issues in the future, but I need a little bit time to do that.

I could reproduce the issue only by writing trash in the init.lua (especially in the Lat/Lng field, but your init.lua is perfectly fine.

Thanks, I have faith in you ;-)

We all know it's in early, early beta, and these things take time with all its peculiarities.

Keep up the good work!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Made a full 0 to 100 tutorial for this amazing tool

Really nice tutorial! Thanks for creating this tutorial for everyone that have still problems.

Small questions to you guys.

- Do we need thread circles on map? Like predefined thread circles for SA-10, SA-05, MANPADs and so on?

- Do we need a function do draw lines on the map that enables us to draw borders or something?

- Should the flight planner create a kneedboard like page with the flight plan details (Distance, Heading, G/S and so on)?

Update:

Currently implementing a application trace log that helps me to identify errors on exporting and importing the data cartridges!

Still got no answer whats wrong with TOT. It's my highest priority to implement it right now. But without developer input I can't do this.

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

- Should the flight planner create a kneedboard like page with the flight plan details (Distance, Heading, G/S and so on)?

^^^^^

This!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Small questions to you guys.

- Do we need thread circles on map? Like predefined thread circles for SA-10, SA-05, MANPADs and so on?

No, I don't see a need for any polygon drawing in at all.

- Do we need a function do draw lines on the map that enables us to draw borders or something?

No, I don't think this is necessary for flight planning.

This would be most welcome! If you can get the tool to talk to the kneeboard that would be superb.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

This is awesome, I look forward to trying it out! I agree that getting kneeboard details inserted correctly would be a high priority item.

Also seems like adding intended altitude to waypoints would be good, since this is continually referenced in-flight.

PS - looks like you got the mapping angle under control now with the true DCS map, so this probably isn't relevant anymore... but in the future, this is one of the handier online mapping tools I've found: https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php (it allows you to quickly change between different map resources on the fly on the top right, I use it all the time for planning outdoor adventures and creating hybrid maps)

Which file is the flight plans stored in? Which file do need share with my wingman?

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Which file is the flight plans stored in? Which file do need share with my wingman?

You only need to share your init.lua file for now.

If you can get the tool to talk to the kneeboard that would be superb.

Currently testing how I could draw custom kneeboards. It's working but it's a bit tricky right now, because Heatblur is using a custom kneeboard implementation. It should be doable!

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

• 2 weeks later...

Great tool! Why DCS doesn't have a built in flight planning tool (that's usable in MP), I'll never know.

I'll weight that I'd love to see the ability to draw threat circles, but it's probably only worthwhile if they are saveable between sessions. Falcon BMS allows something similar, and I've always found it to be pretty handy.

For that matter, I'd love to see premade waypoints for all the airports, as well as the ability to save additional custom points, so that you can precisely mark and recall airfields, INS update points, and the location of improvised fields. But even if you don't add another thing, I'm very grateful for this tool.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one not getting importing to work, not even the example one?

... I'll implement some sort of trace log in my application that logs all errors in a local log file...

How is it going with this? Any progress?

BR

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I tried to use this tool today and it didn't work. This was after todays patch was applied. Built a FP and exported to cartridge when I was in the spectator slot. I can see that the init.lua file is indeed modified and my FP is in there. But when I load the cartridge in the Viggen it does not work. How can I further check what's wrong?

EDIT: Got it working. Didn't know that you had to change the data cartridge number in the kneeboard... This should be put in the "Manual" included in the download package. :)

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• 3 weeks later...

Best tool ever for the Viggen. Thank you so much!

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

First of all, great tool! Saved me some time setting up missions in mp. So much thanks for that!

Besides that I have got a problem with a fligthplan I recently set up. I can't get it to load up inside DCS no matter what try.

The flightplan looks like this inside the flight planning tool:

OWUCwOwOWUCwOw.jpg

I also attached the init.lua with the exported flight plan.

Things I tried:

* change flight plan 1 to see if the changes get loaded inside the sim > worked

* deleted whole flight plan 2 and re set it up completely > did not work

* restarted sim numerous times

* tried sp / mp (plan 1 loaded all the time, plan 2 never)

I have no idea why the 2nd flightplan isnt loading up :( Maybe someone could take a look and come up with an idea.

Regards Heesh

init.lua