Mission 9 - nothing's gonna happen at the meeting point

rge75

I'm stuck in mission 9. After starting up the Mi-8, I fly direction 289 as mentioned. From WP1 I go to the meeting point at WP2. My radio is set to 142.500. However, nothing happens at WP2...no Mi-24 around nor arriving. There's also nothing in the radio menu. Do I miss something?

If I continue w/o the Mi-24, of course also nothing will happen at the target area because I did no trigger the previous event.

Furthermore, when I start the mission, I get the noise you often hear when a message appears - however, no message is being displayed. So maybe I miss an important information there?

Well, I checked a video on youtube and some other guy obviously had the same problem. However, he simply continued without the Hinds and destoryed all the targets. So that's what I also did. With that said, I at least was able to finish the mission, but I'm sure that's not how it was intended. The briefing clearly says to rendez-vous with the Hind and this is not gonna happen.

• 1 year later...

I got the same problem..... 2 years later.

Any update on this ?

edit: according to an even older thread I need to trigger earlier events by flying close to outpost 3 along the route. this is also difficult as the 828 (and UD) navigation is broken for nearly all missions !

I just navigate using doppler navigation

Edited by Nickentik

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, Nickentik said:

I just navigate using doppler navigation

Yes, so do I: the doppler took me to WP2 instead of WP1, so I flew back along the road to check if I missed a trigger, but still the Mi-24s were not at the meeting point.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:24 AM, rge75 said:

Furthermore, when I start the mission, I get the noise you often hear when a message appears - however, no message is being displayed. So maybe I miss an important information there?

I have that on pretty much every mission, and I haven't discovered yet what - if anything - I am missing.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just flying this mission now.

First issue is that the dialogue says to turn right at the river over the hill from outpost 3.
This is wrong, over the hill past outpost 3 you proceed along a fairly main road for at least a few KM
At this point you then make radio contact with the Mi24's, they said they couldn't see me  and asked for a signal flare.
Above behind left seat is the panel for flares, there are 2 rows of red/green/yellow/white each with a power switch, switch this on (i switch these on at startup) and press button to launch a signal flare.

At this point you're at the intersection where you now make the right turn to go up river and the Mi24's will form up on your left.
The river branches right fairly soon, check the map in the briefing you'll see the 3 towns (orange areas), just past the last town drop to 200m altitude by radar altimeter.

Eventually i find what i'm looking for... but on this last run both Mi24's decided to crash into the side of the mountains.

Was unable to complete this, lost both wingmen in the canyon, saw wreckage against one of the walls of the hills.

On referring to the TacView it seems 1 wingman collided with terrain and the other ran away.

Tacview track attached. didn't save the DCS track.

Tacview-20220920-021001-DCS-Granica_9.zip.acmi

Edited by v81

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR