CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

Viper39

new patch released yesterday!

Added DCS Mariana Islands theater
Updated DCS Syria theater (15 new airfields, beacons, TPC map)
Added support for DCS Mi-24P
Added SLAM-ER, ATFLIR for DCS Hornet
Added GBU-31, GBU-38 for DCS F-16C
Added BAP100, Mk-82AIR, tracer ammo for M-2000C
Added drop tanks for I-16
Updated A-10 empty weight
Added new vehicles into database

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of news lately.

As Zyll has posted, an update (1.1.2.0) was released last Sunday featuring support for DCS Mi-24P, the DCS Marianas theater, and adding the new airfields for the Syria theater, together with an updated TPC map. Also, changes related to stores for the Hornet, Viper and other airframes were incorporated. A bug related to one of Syrian theater's airfields has also been fixed.

To clear up any speculations, CF still is and will remain supported to reflect important changes to DCS. Apologies for not implementing any requested features in the last months -- real life's been incredibly busy lately (not an excuse, I'm aware...). I'll dig into the requested features / bug hammering as soon as I can.

Thank you for your ongoing support!

Cheers,

Viper

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite.com | Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel

6 hours ago, lharv71 said:

I am having issues importing DCS 2.7 missions..........to CombatFlite

It was working fine a week ago then just stopped?

Requesting assistance.........

Can you send the miz file over to combatflite at combatflite dot com please? Thanks!

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello!

First, let me just say thanks for creating this and sharing it. I'm enjoying it while learning how to create a mission hand in hand with your program to have handouts for players. 

Second, I've got a hiccup and am sure it is operator headspace and timing. I'm on the Syria map and I can't import my .miz. I mean it says it does, but nothing is there on the map afterwords. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? It has worked for a mission on the PG map. 

Many thanks,

Paladin1CD

5 hours ago, Paladin1cd said:

Hello!

First, let me just say thanks for creating this and sharing it. I'm enjoying it while learning how to create a mission hand in hand with your program to have handouts for players. 

Second, I've got a hiccup and am sure it is operator headspace and timing. I'm on the Syria map and I can't import my .miz. I mean it says it does, but nothing is there on the map afterwords. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? It has worked for a mission on the PG map. 

Many thanks,

Paladin1CD

Can you send a screenshot of the CF (Combat flite) windows?

Hi Paladin1cd,

That issue is caused by Cyprus and Slovenia (countries which were recently added to DCS) are missing in CF. A fix is being uploaded at the moment...

Thanks,

Viper

• Like 1

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, Viper39 said:

Hi Paladin1cd,

That issue is caused by Cyprus and Slovenia (countries which were recently added to DCS) are missing in CF. A fix is being uploaded at the moment...

Thanks,

Viper

Slovenia?! You sure about that? 

CombatFlite update v. 1.1.2.1 is available since yesterday. Cyprus and Slovenia was added into the country list, which should alleviate the reported import issue.

Cheers,

Viper

• Like 2

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello !

I have a request regarding the use of unit icons to populate the map. Helo Ops are often flown in areas of operations much more smaller than the ones flown by fixed wings aicrafts. The operation is often centered around a zone of a few kilometers and at the moment the use of units icons cannot be used because their minimal size is still way too big to be placed on the map.

@Viper39 Do you think you could allow smaller sizes for the icons ? It would be of great help for helicopters operations. Thank you.

I'll attach a capture to illustrate more precisely what I meant.

_Snapshot_20210804173735_MAY 12th 2013 0400Z - HAWASH, SYRIA.png

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

On 8/5/2021 at 1:42 AM, tugais said:

Hello !

I have a request regarding the use of unit icons to populate the map. Helo Ops are often flown in areas of operations much more smaller than the ones flown by fixed wings aicrafts. The operation is often centered around a zone of a few kilometers and at the moment the use of units icons cannot be used because their minimal size is still way too big to be placed on the map.

@Viper39 Do you think you could allow smaller sizes for the icons ? It would be of great help for helicopters operations. Thank you.

I'll attach a capture to illustrate more precisely what I meant.

_Snapshot_20210804173735_MAY 12th 2013 0400Z - HAWASH, SYRIA.png

There is already an option for this, on the left of the screen when you select your symbol at the bottom of the list there is a symbol size box, you can change the size in there.

8 hours ago, ultrablue2258 said:

There is already an option for this, on the left of the screen when you select your symbol at the bottom of the list there is a symbol size box, you can change the size in there.

The picture I posted in my previous message is using the minimum size allowed by CF (0,1) and it's still too big for situations centered around an AO of a few kilometers with multiple units. Remember, CF units icons can be set at the section level, as helo users we really need to focus on certain areas and be able to zoom in to offer a good SITAC.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 1 month later...

CF places Viggens with too few countermeasures loaded. This does actually have an effect on how many countermeasures can be dispensed if CM pods are equipped!

Freshly placed Viggen in CF:
image.png

While one placed in DCS:

image.png

Edited by LazyBoot

@viper39 is it possible to create own Navigation Layers? And Nav Points?

Edit:

For Navpoints I found a solution: Simply edit the corresponding MAP.xml under Programs/Combatflite/Data

Format under Navpoints is

<Navpoint>
      <Name>ALPHA</Name>
      <Lat>13.453405</Lat>
      <Lon>145.736872</Lon>
  </Navpoint>

Edited by buur

@viper39 found a bug:
When you add quotations in Briefing DCS is not able to load the Mission.

How to reproduce:

1. Open new Mission

2. Write a Briefing with quotations. For example: This is a "briefing".

3. Export to .miz

4. Open the mission in DCS mission editor.

At point 4 DCS will crash.