Target size key assignment?

jfxp

I can not seem to be able to assign a hot key to the target size slider to anything other than the keyboard. I want to be able to assign this to my joystick. Not sure if this is a bug or is intended. Thanks.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.6ghz (Noctua D14)

Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo

Adata 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

MSI Geforce GTX 970 (x2) SLI

Windows 10

DX 12.0

Span and angle digital controls do seem to be keyboard only.

They can be added to \DCS\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua

~line 522 as

{combos={{key='S'}},pressed=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,up=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=0.01,name=_('Target Size +'),category=_('Weapons / ASP')},

{combos={{key='S',reformers={'LAlt'}}},pressed=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,up=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=-0.01,name=_('Target Size -'),category=_('Weapons / ASP')},

This was copied out of the \keyboard\default.lua file where it was defined. On next restart those commands will be able to be bound to joystick buttons.

• 3 months later...
Span and angle digital controls do seem to be keyboard only.

They can be added to \DCS\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua

~line 522 as

{combos={{key='S'}},pressed=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,up=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=0.01,name=_('Target Size +'),category=_('Weapons / ASP')},

{combos={{key='S',reformers={'LAlt'}}},pressed=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,up=device_commands.ASPtargetSize_kb,cockpit_device_id=devices.ASP,value_pressed=-0.01,name=_('Target Size -'),category=_('Weapons / ASP')},

This was copied out of the \keyboard\default.lua file where it was defined. On next restart those commands will be able to be bound to joystick buttons.

Clever to pull the info from the keyboard\default.lua. However, I tried doing this with the 2.5 beta and it didn't work.

Frederf (or anyone else) can you confirm this still works with 2.5 beta? Would really like to the get remaining keybinds on my HOTAS. Fixes seem to be few and far between these days.

Tnx!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• 9 months later...
However, I tried doing this with the 2.5 beta and it didn't work.

Make sure you're not putting the copied lines from the keyboard\default.lua into the joystick\default.lua into the joystick axes bracket. i.e. insert them around line 640, before the joystick axes bracket

},

-- joystick axes 
axisCommands={

Edited by mad rabbit