M-2000C Update Discussion

Zeus67

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34258927_1721260294627268_3896926352825122816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHwd1jNKgobXWMtFfHREGpjoulGbXH2NNhe93Pf4iBJm0iPuP7h_4LZEMJnxMnlDPL5404jCEfwiiJMhY7tEcXETapMQzh1I-_xfYuk5ZJmww&oh=fff024c8cee3407102dbf006fb348563&oe=5BB89095

BLt5T2u.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I guess we'll be getting some major updates on the Mirage 2000 if the devs are going to so much effort :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I love the M2000, too bad I cant actually fly it because I switched to the Standalone version of the game because the steam version flat sucks.

Is there any chance of ever getting my plane back? I paid (full price) for it and can prove it, or is it "buy it again, sucker"

?

I love the M2000, too bad I cant actually fly it because I switched to the Standalone version of the game because the steam version flat sucks.

Is there any chance of ever getting my plane back? I paid (full price) for it and can prove it, or is it "buy it again, sucker"

?

Hi, maybe that’s something you have to check with ED to transfer your license.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

?

From https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/

New Modules bought on STEAM from 12th May 2017

Please note from 12th May 2017 DCS: M-2000C and all future DCS World DLC releases on Steam, will now use Steam Keys instead of Starforce keys. As such, these purchases cannot be activated on the DCS World e-Shop version. Previous purchases will not be affected.

Please be advised that this only affects NEW modules on STEAM. Pre Mirage 2000C modules will be issued with StarForce serials.

More information on forums.eagle.ru

Here are some modules releases on Steam after 12-May-2017:

DCS: M-2000C

DCS: Nevada map

DCS: Spitfire

DCS: AJS-37

DCS: Normandy map

DCS: WW2 Assets pack

DCS: Su-33

DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL

DCS: F/A-18C

DCS: Persian Gulf map

and also many new campaigns from The Museum Relic campaign.

You always can find the date in the Steam store - Sort by Release date

So 'buy it again sucker' ;)

I've no issue with Steam version, at least nothing that would make me buy M2000C and Nevada a second time

Edited by Steph21

But if I'm not mistaken, ED stopped using StarForce...I think you should ask ED support before making definitive decision.

They did, but the products you buy on Steam now come with a Steam activation code instead of the new keyless system.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

One think I 've noticed in the F/A-18, is a delay in radar locking / hud symbology generating (it's most noticeable in ACM, it's already reported as excessive). In the (older) Mirage CCM lock / HUD symbology change (even more iFF interrogating) is instantaneous and feels (to the armchair pilot) ''unrealistic'' (look also here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3378191&postcount=71 ). I'm curious if the EC 2/5 pilots have made any comments on that, and if the announced VTH/VTB updates will include changes like that.

Edited by jaguara5

34704864_1726202277466403_4798317023341838336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c7ff745ca712b407f7f361daf166751d&oe=5BC37218

34789622_1726202314133066_1376884751805186048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f1556490baa76f5015f810311c2109e&oe=5BB2BE84

Is it new? ;D See the date.

Answer :):

The date was not set right in the camera

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

They did, but the products you buy on Steam now come with a Steam activation code instead of the new keyless system.

Well, considering that 1CGS has just announced that their products purchased via their standalone version of their games would be soon backward compatible with Steam after linking the two accounts, I supposed our actual system in DCS is an Eagle Dynamics limitation.

Perhaps, one day, ED will rework its auth system to adopt a more customer friendly policy.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

From facebook's comments

''Our FM is very close. The only difference I could tell is the pressure needed to move the stick compared to our sticks at home.

Sometimes we really don't convey the message or what happens behind the scenes that our FM was developed by an aeronautical engineer, who does flight models professionally.

Flying the sim, it felt like our FM. I had no problem operating the aircraft even with landing. Again I was surprised how much force it takes to move the stick. You even have to "BANG" the throttle into AB, we joked how this is a man's jet. Something I wish stick manufacturers could add that tension, but then again with the force required to mimic the real aircraft, we would have to bolt them down to the desk. LOL

We went through a lot of things systems wise too. From AP, Radar, Fuel Gauge, PCA/PPA. Recording video with my Iphone not only the GoPro see here ''

• 2 weeks later...
Something I wish stick manufacturers could add that tension, but then again with the force required to mimic the real aircraft, we would have to bolt them down to the desk. LOL

Hmm interesting, every time I read about this and watch RL footage, I can see the heavy throw of the flight stick as well - in basically every aircraft depicted.

Maybe I need to tighten up the dry clutches again a little to have at least a similar experience at home. I dreaded doing that before because I always want my stick to return to center by spring alone, but I might throw that concept out of the window for a more realistic feeling of the stick movement being more heavy overall.

So reading this is really a paradigm shift for us flightsimmers. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hmm interesting, every time I read about this and watch RL footage, I can see the heavy throw of the flight stick as well - in basically every aircraft depicted.

Maybe I need to tighten up the dry clutches again a little to have at least a similar experience at home. I dreaded doing that before because I always want my stick to return to center by spring alone, but I might throw that concept out of the window for a more realistic feeling of the stick movement being more heavy overall.

So reading this is really a paradigm shift for us flightsimmers. :thumbup:

You need to pull 10kg (22lbs) to pull the stick on elastic stop on Mirage 2000.

But the force isn’t linear. There is a spring box, with multiple spring of varying resistance.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...
Why fixing NAV system is not in "In Work or Planned" list?

Because:

the AdA actual pilots of the Mirage 2000C actual complain is about something NO ONE complained (I wont say it, leave that to DCS M2000C experts) and the complain is about the procedure we used instead of it's functionality.

And about some other complains by the community? well, some stuff (switches) in the cockpit are not even pilot intended but ground crew intended, and yes, the complain is about those not being implemented.

(..)DCS is a continuously evolving simulation, some stuff is "there" some stuff is simply "not there" yet and some is there but not fully implemented until the next iteration of DCS arrives, the most notorious might be A/G radar, some thing work today, tomorrow they wont (hence the coming and going bugs), we take the blame and find the solution (because something was changed in the code)(..)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3543157&postcount=613

So basically everything like: Police lights, HUD brightness knob, NAV... is either working as expected, used by ground crew, or it's ED's fault.

I believe it's a mature thing to do to admit you can't deliver. But RAZBAM has chosen the way of denial.

Because:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3543157&postcount=613

So basically everything like: Police lights, HUD brightness knob, NAV... is either working as expected, used by ground crew, or it's ED's fault.

I believe it's a mature thing to do to admit you can't deliver. But RAZBAM has chosen the way of denial.

I think "some" is not the same as "all" but interpret as you wish :).

BTW posting the same non constructive stuff over and over is trolling, please don't make the mods close this thread AGAIN :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

BTW posting the same non constructive stuff over and over is trolling, please don't make the mods close this thread AGAIN :).

My question is not about trolling, I want to know is that planned or not. Very simple answer would be nice.

Edited by azm

My question is not about trolling, I want to know is that planned or not. Very simple answer would be nice.

RAZBAM has declared that the module is "complete". See the RAZBAM owner's comment regarding development. I have not seen them making any promises. Especially towards deadlines. They release some fixes once in a while... Hard to say really.