M-2000C Update Discussion

Zeus67

Uhm, no? :huh:

The MiG-21 was there waaaay before, including IFF interrogation.

Sorry... my mistake :) But first 4th gen!

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... my mistake :) But first 4th gen!

That's better :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What about turning off the radar ?

About RDO. I will try to record turning off bug today or tomorrow. :)

In this video I set jammering target at distanse 55-60 nm. Firstly, I tried to use standard lock, then use RDO mode.

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Not it's not. You still can't set it up in the cockpit, a "landing waypoint" still needs to be assigned...

This is a shame, really. This week I flown a mission and had to be diverted to another airfield because of an emergency. The conditions were really bad with no visibility, I surely have appreciated the help of the synthetic runway to land safely.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to implement this function into the Mirage.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

This is a shame, really. This week I flown a mission and had to be diverted to another airfield because of an emergency. The conditions were really bad with no visibility, I surely have appreciated the help of the synthetic runway to land safely.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to implement this function into the Mirage.

Maybe you’re missing a point: in real life, the synthetic runway can only be displayed with ILS system in use. No LOC + GLIDE = no synthetic runway.

Minima are CAT 1 : 550m/ 1800ft visibility & 200ft ceiling.

So if you have ILS, synthetic runway or not I don’t see the difference. You can even capture the ILS with auto pilot.

Did you have ILS on your diversion airfield ?

I miss un-planned synthetic runway too, but it doesn’t prevent the use of ILS.

Plus it requires to enter all relevent data into the PCN (runway heading, touch point coordinates, glide slope) and set the altimeter to QFE. So it’s a lot of work in emergency situation.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Did you have ILS on your diversion airfield ?

[…]

So it’s a lot of work in emergency situation.

Yes it did, I try to include diverted airfields with ILS whenever I can, depending on the target location and airfield availability.

The fact that there is a lot of work while in a difficult situation is what makes it challenging and interesting, right ? ;)

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Yes it did, I try to include diverted airfields with ILS whenever I can, depending on the target location and airfield availability.

The fact that there is a lot of work while in a difficult situation is what makes it challenging and interesting, right ? ;)

So what is the problem to land in bad weather ?

You said it’s a shame there is no synthetic runway because of bad weather, but while I would like to have it, you can still use ILS.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

We have two huge updates for the Mirage for the last two weeks : Paint kit and English Cockpit. AWESOME after six months of silence !

Thank you for the respect of your Mirage's customer to develop and update your new products.

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LpJOxbaC8YU

:thumbup: I knew you could be fun when you don't try to convince yourself that RAZBAM is working on the Mirage. This is my favorite addon for DCS, it might be the reason why I would like

it to be finished (and to have what I paid for.... but on this point I don't hope anymore :music_whistling: )

We had this discussion thousand times I guess, not need to argue again we don't have the same vision, and things don't change

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some facebook info from razbam regarding the ground mapping capabilities.

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/p.1858206734265956/1858206734265956/?type=3&theater

''

The RDI Mirage 2000C does not have ground mapping capabilities. In the real aircraft you can go into BFR mode point the antenna down and pick up some mountain and ground clutter, basically it just looks like dots''

40584413_1858206740932622_4074096287815827456_o.thumb.jpg.607e13731ff177369f66b10107fcda3c.jpg

[…]not at all broken.

How can you make a claim like this when there are some bugs that still force your game to crash to desktop, when sometimes you cannot lock a contact until selecting a weapon, when the CCP mode has precision issues, when the synthetic runway cannot be displayed on the HUD despite the AB being selected both on ILS and TACAN and so on ?

Yes, the Mirage is somewhat flyable for basic operations, you can even enjoy it. But for people looking for a truly polished product, this aircraft is far from being completed.

In their latest statement on Youtube, Razbam told us that important changes are coming our way at the end of the year. We'll wait then, and see …

Some facebook info from razbam regarding the ground mapping capabilities.

''

The RDI Mirage 2000C does not have ground mapping capabilities. In the real aircraft you can go into BFR mode point the antenna down and pick up some mountain and ground clutter, basically it just looks like dots''

So basically the ground clutter feature of the radar is just "put the radar down and see what happens" ? :lol:

I wont mind to have this modeled until other things are fixed ( CCIP and CCRP first ).

The most frustrating is the silence while you see a lot of communication on the new "bankable" projects. One dude tried to list the items not working on this module and we even haven't had any feedback on it :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3301945&postcount=1

Some on these items seems really easy to fix to give more depht to the module. We ain't talking about a ground radar possibility or an overhaul of the FM but the rotating switch mapping and the triangle for the magic and radar lock.

Yes, the plane is flyable, and since the first day it does but this is not what RAZBAM promised.... and not what they promise for their modules.... "only flyable". And for the ones who following this module since the first day, we know that RAZBAM can finish the job with the will.

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The most frustrating is the silence while you see a lot of communication on the new "bankable" projects. One dude tried to list the items not working on this module and we even haven't had any feedback on it :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3301945&postcount=1

Some on these items seems really easy to fix to give more depht to the module. We ain't talking about a ground radar possibility or an overhaul of the FM but the rotating switch mapping and the triangle for the magic and radar lock.

Yes, the plane is flyable, and since the first day it does but this is not what RAZBAM promised.... and not what they promise for their modules.... "only flyable". And for the ones who following this module since the first day, we know that RAZBAM can finish the job with the will.

Gators

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/changelogs/2000c-changelog

Or

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195997

Or

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2