Another AV-8B Preview: VR, DMT, TGP, Vertical Landing

Jabbers_

Hi Jabbers,

Thank you for your videos they are appreciated.

I am creating a MP campaign and one element I have included as a training goal during an OCU mission, is to practice field based landings on a temporary airstrip.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192006

Could you please let me know if the version you have is capable of landing and taxiing on rough ground without becoming bogged down and unable to move on anything other than aircraft pans, taxiways or runways?

I am unable to test this myself so your help and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice video. Thank you.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Thanks, Jabbers! Especially for responding to my question regarding the use of the Harrier in VR.;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Cool video! One question about the DMT (CCRP style symbology). Looks like the bomb release happens before the release cue reaches the FPM. Is this normal in AV-8B? :) Perhaps the sound is not in sync in the video?

Edited by Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

Cool video! One question about the DMT (CCRP style symbology). Looks like the bomb release happens before the release cue reaches the FPM. Is this normal in AV-8B? :) Perhaps the sound is not in sync in the video?

Its early, but you just press and hold release and it does the work for you, so not something I thought of. We would have to confirm with Razbam if thgat was intended

• Like 1

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Another AV-8B Preview: VR, DMT, TGP, Vertical Landing

On a flight to Vegas right now reading the Harrier Pocket Guide and realizing how little I actually know about operating a jet like this...feels like I'm reading a foreign language at times (well, most of the time). A little steeper learning curve than my trusty FC3 F-15C Watching this video helped to remind me of the prize at the end of the maze once I can fight my way through learning everything.

Great video, really enjoyed watching it. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

HI Jabbers,

Did you manage to land the Harrier somewhere other than an airport? if so how was the landing?

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Question regarding performance (fps). Would you say the Harrier is equal to the Mirage?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

HI Jabbers,

Did you manage to land the Harrier somewhere other than an airport? if so how was the landing?

Thanks Specter

I tried a FARP before i figured out how to Vertical Land, it didnt go well but mostly cause I just didn't know what I was doing. I've since landed on a road, and in the middle of no where. In the ME you can set start location to: Air, Ramp, Ramp Hot, Runway, Ground, Ground Hot.

Question regarding performance (fps). Would you say the Harrier is equal to the Mirage?

Probably slightly worse, but, I couldn't tell you the FPS performance for the mirage when it was early access cause I wasn't playing DCS at that time. This thing has more stuff, its more on par with the A-10 avionics-wise, so I would expect it to be slightly worse.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Aight, thx. The Mirage is pretty good on performance, so wouldnt be alarming :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I tried a FARP before i figured out how to Vertical Land, it didnt go well but mostly cause I just didn't know what I was doing. I've since landed on a road, and in the middle of no where. In the ME you can set start location to: Air, Ramp, Ramp Hot, Runway, Ground, Ground Hot.

Now that is some good news here!

Hopefully we´ll be also able to Refuel/ Rearm outside Airfields.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw when you were using the DMT for bombing you have to keep the target visible in your hud all the time, is it not possible for the harrier to do level CCRP bombing or that will only be done with the TGP and GBU bombs?

You can do level CCRP, but my understanding is that the HUD symbology is not finished, so as it stands right now its really hard to hit your mark because of this. I plan on doing some more testing tonight in this area, if I find anything of interest Ill try to make another video.

*waves hand in front of Jabbers face* You will post more videos on the harrier....

(Sigh the force does not work on Hutts)

Getting my geek on.

Lol, I'm hoping to, just need to figure out good topics that are doable with early access.

You can do level CCRP, but my understanding is that the HUD symbology is not finished, so as it stands right now its really hard to hit your mark because of this. I plan on doing some more testing tonight in this area, if I find anything of interest Ill try to make another video.

Ok, just what i was hoping for.

Cant wait to get my hand on this module :)

Dear Jabbers; Could you give some info (maybe with a video) about autopilot system of Harrier, if you have spare time?

Thanks a lot.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Dear Jabbers; Could you give some info (maybe with a video) about autopilot system of Harrier, if you have spare time?

Thanks a lot.

Doesn't seem to do anything in my build.

• ED Team

Thanks a lot.

Doesn't seem to do anything in my build.

still W.I.P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Oh, OK. Thank you guys.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068