Rift loosing HDMI connection

MadMonty

Hey fellows,

after nearly one exciting year with my Rift, I never got rid of the problem, that my Rift was losing HDMI connection occasionally. Especially, when I touched the Rift with my hands (not even moving it), I lost connection, also when turning my head during my flights.

I have tried everything I found:

- using HDMI to DVI adapter

- several Tray Tools settings

- USB 2.0 and 3.0

- driver updates

- reseating of USB and HDMI (also the one on the Rift)

Nothing has helped so far.

I did loose connections also whilst playing other games, e.g. Burried Allive. While playing Oculus-games, I could return to the game after the connection has been re-established. But playing DCS meant always to close the game and restart it – which has been quite annoying when flying a 1 hour mission with the A10 and loosing connection at final approach to the runway (and therefore losing the missions progress in a campaign).

Since I didn´t found any further help, I have asked Oculus support for their help. I have to admit, that their support is lightning fast and courteous. My (maybe broken??) Rift is on the way back to Oculus and I will get a brand new replacement.

I just wanted to post my troubles in case, anyone else is having the same. I will let you guys know, if a new Rift does solve the problem.

Cheers!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Had the same issue. HDMI Connector was not soldered according to specs. When pushing in the cabe it discnnected. Returned the Rift the same evening to the store and picked up a new one.

Back then it happend often, so they would give in rather quickly.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Always nice to hear these good reports of their customer support. While I have not had a need to use it yet, it is one reason I went for the Rift.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys,

the new Rift arrived within one week (awesome service by Oculus) and what can I say...

I really have tried to play with a broken Rift for nearly a year. All the disconnections I had, had nothing to do with my PC, drivers or adapters. This bloody thing just didn´t work properly.

The new Rift is so much more fun, no disconnections at all. I can even take it off while flying DCS and put it back on - my old one lost connection doing that (and I thought this is a normal going to "standby" procedure :music_whistling: ).

So whenever someone comes around with the same problem of losing HDMI-connection over and over again, don´t hesitate to return you Rift and get a new one.

Cheers!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Great to hear buddy! (and also about the customer service/support). :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ok guys,

the new Rift arrived within one week (awesome service by Oculus) and what can I say...

I really have tried to play with a broken Rift for nearly a year. All the disconnections I had, had nothing to do with my PC, drivers or adapters. This bloody thing just didn´t work properly.

The new Rift is so much more fun, no disconnections at all. I can even take it off while flying DCS and put it back on - my old one lost connection doing that (and I thought this is a normal going to "standby" procedure :music_whistling: ).

So whenever someone comes around with the same problem of losing HDMI-connection over and over again, don´t hesitate to return you Rift and get a new one.

Cheers!

:thumbup:

Glad to hear you are all sorted with a new unit now!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|