SATAL 2018

M0ltar

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to who we (contact persons) need to send email address, you or Tek? I'm asking because it says Teknetinium on first post.

Send it to Teknetinium. Myself and IronMike are responsible for contacting the winners of SATAL.

I will give Moltar contact person emails, in order for Moltar to send match reminders or updates if they arise during SATAL.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Would it be too much to hope to have some engagements in poor and extremely poor weather? A night engagement, a dense fog (~1 nm visibility) + high and thick clouds, and perhaps a combination of these? I would LOVE that!

We are currently in process testing different weather/time-presets. I'm sure some of them will get challenging.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

51st PVO would like welcome LotATC to SATAL and thank Dart for his generous contribution. Having Dart with us in SATAL will surely make this event even better. We, at 51st, are very excited for what is to come.

As for the contribution, each team will receive a free client license that can be used for the event. This license has no restrictions and can be used outside of SATAL for training or recreation. I will be contacting each team soon about the free keys for LotATC.

If any other registered pilot in the event would like to purchase LotATC for themselves, a 25% discount will be given.

Edited by M0ltar

Talking to Maverick from 104th I heard that because of the bugs that we have in fog of war mode GCI in SATAL might be like game master who sees everything.

Now that all teams will have LOTAC will it still be that way or fog of war mode would be working with no problem?

By the way thanks Dart.

Talking to Maverick from 104th I heard that because of the bugs that we have in fog of war mode GCI in SATAL might be like game master who sees everything.

Now that all teams will have LOTAC will it still be that way or fog of war mode would be working with no problem?

By the way thanks Dart.

Fog of war should be working. There will be testing that occurs before SATAL start, but everything should be working just fine.

By the way thanks Dart.

The in-game fog of war have some critical issues at the moment, like missile launches being visible, and is quite unstable at showing contacts. Therefore it would not be used in SATAL, unless ED will make changes of it.

The LotATC however, as far as i remembered, has its own built-in 'fog of war' system and is much better than the in-game one. Currently we are still in the process of testing it but I'm pretty sure it is the best option.

In conclusion, there will be no god mode or in-game fog of war. Teams either go with LotATC, or there will be no human controller.

To be more precise, LotAtc simulates all the radar coverage area (made by the DCS units), respecting relief, black zones of radar (defined by DCS database), radar update time.... It is largely more than a simple fog of war :)

See here https://www.lotatc.com/documentation/detection_profile.html for more information, especially beginning with the Realistic profile at end of page ;)

I am very happy to help the SATAL2018 event to be more realist by using LotAtc! I hope to see a beautiful competition, good luck for all!!!

• Like 1

Hello dear Teknetinium.

Its done from -= IRIAF =- & also i sent some last recently edited name & NEW names that was added to the our pilot roster list in the page of 3 & also our demand about adding the

-= IRIAF =- ALPHA-WHISKEY & -= IRIAF =- Tomcat to the http://splashonegaming.com/merge/ - At pilot names

Also maybe in future we will add more NEW Pilot names to the roster.

Thank You so much

Best Regards,

-= IRIAF =- HawK.1

Edited by -= IRIAF =- HawK.1

51st PVO would like welcome Tacview to SATAL and thank Vyrtuoz for his generous contribution. Tacview is already a staple in the competitive DCS World scene and having Vyrtuoz and his amazing Tacview platform with us will make SATAL that much better.

Vyrtuoz has graciously donated 9 licenses of Tacview Advanced as prizes for SATAL; 6 for the winning team and 3 for the runners up.

Get excited guys! SATAL is shaping up to be one great ride!

Edited by M0ltar

Ok, here we go. ;)

For SATAL 2018 SF Squadron and 100-й КИАП (100 KIAP) have formed a coalition known as Task Force KSAW (KIAP SF Air Wing). Why? To have a solid team without need to worry about number of available people. But also, IMO more importantly, we can learn a lot from each other to become better virtual pilots. And of course, to have FUN! :)

See post #15 for roster etc.

Good luck to all teams and see you soon! :pilotfly:

Ok, here we go. ;)

For SATAL 2018 SF Squadron and 100-й КИАП (100 KIAP) have formed a coalition known as Task Force KSAW (KIAP SF Air Wing). Why? To have a solid team without need to worry about number of available people. But also, IMO more importantly, we can learn a lot from each other to become better virtual pilots. And of course, to have FUN! :)

See post #15 for roster etc.

Good luck to all teams and see you soon! :pilotfly:

It will be a pleasure, see you in SATAL.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Gents, despite my squadmates enthusiasm I have to remind you this is an individual squad competition. As the name suggests this competition pits squads against each other, not in collaboration with each other. We are planning future "Joint Warrior" type events that will run in tandem with SATAL and those will be all about squads teaming up. However for the purposes of SATAL this is not our intention. Of course if squads want to recruit pilots we encourage that. But in the same vein that lonewolf teams are not allowed, we again have to enforce the rule that this is an organic squad event only.

I remind you as well that these rules are set by us in agreement with our sponsors (with substantial prizes on offer) so we have little room for bending of, or misinterpretation of the rules.

We will take a hard line on enforcing these rules in order to deliver our vision of SATAL and to satisfy the requirements of our sponsors, who, have been extremely generous with their prizes. In order to allow us to take such a stance we have disqualified ourselves (the 51st) and the 104th from receiving any prizes regardless of SATAL outcome so there can be no conflict of interest (or at least minimized as much as possible) when invigilating the tournament.

I hope I have explained clearly our reasons why collaborations are unacceptable in SATAL. Of course we wont necessarily check that squad members flying matches are actually members of that squad and are registered on their sign up rosters, but I think you all understand the spirit of the rule and that of the competition. If irregularities are identified those teams will be disqualified. I have mentioned before we will have events where squads teaming together will be entirely the purpose of the event. Please PM me or jump on our TS/Discord to talk further! Otherwise I hope you will respect our wish to maintain this thread for signups and event news.

Good luck gents, 1 month to go!

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Squadron Name: 59th 'vfs' Ravens

Teamspeak: 85.236.100.125:11517

Aircraft Selection: 2000c, Su27/Mig29 , F15c

(3 guys from GMT -7)(rest from GMT+1)

F15

RAVEN | Willo (Main contact)

RAVEN | Maffers

RAVEN | Wild One

RAVEN | Ghost Rider

RAVEN | Lucas Beck

2000c

RAVEN | Gemini

RAVEN | Peffington

Su27 / Mig29

RAVEN | Machine

RAVEN | Spanky

RAVEN | Rich

Reserves / GCI

RAVEN | Panda

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Welcome to the Ravens and the new additions to the already registered teams rosters!

For anyone that has requested adds to their teams I have updated all of the rosters locally here on the forums and am finishing up adding all the new additions to The Merge site.

I have also setup a discord. This discord is for SATAL only and can be used for anything in regards to communication with the event and the staff/eachother. We will be posting updates to schedules, rules, and streaming there as well as here on the forums.

We would really like as many of you as possible to join there and not just team contacts as it will greatly help our communication with everyone and make this event run as smoothly as possible. This is especially true as this event is almost a year long and communication throughout will be paramount.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

https://discord.gg/Q6P9Auz

Edited by M0ltar

Squadron Name: inSky virtual flight club

Teamspeak: ts.insky.cn

Forum: http://www.insky.cn/bbs

Contact person: inSky_1155

Pilot Roster:

inSky_1155 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_992 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_1823 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_163 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_110 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_552 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_1915 (+8 Zulu)

inSky_325 (+8 Zulu)

Edited by hx5791

Squadron Name: 中国节/Chinese Festival

Teamspeak: vip1.ts1.cn:8877 (pass: 3gofly)

Aircraft Selection: F-15*6+Su-27*3

Pilot Roster:

=CNF=101国庆/National Day(+8 Zulu),(main connect)

=CNF=801建军/Army's Day(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=505端午/Dragon Boat Day(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=815中秋/Mid-Autumn Festival(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=405清明/Qingming Festival(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=909重阳/Double Ninth Festival(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=001春节/Spring Festival(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=115元宵/Lantern Festival(+8 Zulu),

=CNF=707七夕/Magpie Festival(+8 Zulu),