CDDS Generator & CDDS Studio questions ?

I’ve got ED’s CDDS generator utility, but I can’t make new skin packs in CDDS format (,BMP, 1024x1024 px) with this utility

I’ve made a new SU-34 flyable mod for the Su-33. My problem is:

The default SU-34 has 2 skins only (AF standard & AF standard 1) but I’ve 7 different skins for him, I don’t know how to add them. I used CDDS generator to make new 5 various CDDS values more (each value is unique) and then add them to MEinit.xml but 5/7 new skins which I add more don’t work except 2 default skins.

I found the second way: Use CDDS Studio! I followed the instruction:

_Opened CDDS Studio, then added 7 hi-res skins in .BMP format to CDDS Studio by selected Edit, chose Add Files.

Next, saved all skins in a name, chose it and select Edit --> Build CDDS, then saved a new name but....it didn’t work, I had 2 texts named Error and TextoDDS

Why didn’t it work ? Can anyone give me an explanation about this prob ?

My Su-34 skins were in 1024x1024 pixels, just 2 first skins worked only

Well, according to Cosmonaut's CDDStutorial, new skin slots can be added only to *.LOM models by editing *.skins and meinit.xml files.

BTW if someone added additional skins and uses them online, what others, who has only default skins, will see? First default skin for this model, last default or just a model without skin :D

correct, I've added skins by editing Meinit and then with 7 different skins,only two are used, 5 remaining skins have no effect or as you said just a model without skin (no skin, no fuselage, just a cockpit, gears and stars at wings or fins)

I’ve got ED’s CDDS generator utility, but I can’t make new skin packs in CDDS format (,BMP, 1024x1024 px) with this utility

I’ve made a new SU-34 flyable mod for the Su-33. My problem is:

The default SU-34 has 2 skins only (AF standard & AF standard 1) but I’ve 7 different skins for him, I don’t know how to add them. I used CDDS generator to make new 5 various CDDS values more (each value is unique) and then add them to MEinit.xml but 5/7 new skins which I add more don’t work except 2 default skins.

I found the second way: Use CDDS Studio! I followed the instruction:

_Opened CDDS Studio, then added 7 hi-res skins in .BMP format to CDDS Studio by selected Edit, chose Add Files.

Next, saved all skins in a name, chose it and select Edit --> Build CDDS, then saved a new name but....it didn’t work, I had 2 texts named Error and TextoDDS

Why didn’t it work ? Can anyone give me an explanation about this prob ?

My Su-34 skins were in 1024x1024 pixels, just 2 first skins worked only

As has been said unfortunately you can't create more slots if the model file is in the older .cmd format.

You can create a .CDDS file for the 2 skins that are already there; the error you are getting could be for a number of reasons. Are the .bmp files 24bit or lower? If they are 32bit then it wont work.. also if you have any gaps in the file path to the folder with your new textures then that also wont work. Have a look at my tut, link in my sig, and see if it helps.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.