My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It looked like thin needle "snapped" to indication very suddenly at about the time the nose wheel came up. It's surprising since VOR (if we assume this needle is set to VOR in this case) should work fine on the ground. There's no reason to inhibit its indication.

OK, photo and video makes clear that antenna control is not a wheel at all. Absolute axis control shouldn't exist in DCS.

If I remember well, you have both buttons and axis for elevation control.

It suits me just fine because I’m a little short in buttons with my HOTAS, so even if it isn’t 100% realistic, the axis option is very convenient.

After all, nobody released a Mirage 2000 HOTAS yet :cry:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...

I've been eyeballing the Mirage for some time now, but that list on the 1st post scares the hell out of me. Not because of the number of bugs (bugs will always exist), but because of the number of bugs in important stuff. On the other hand I see a lot of people very happy with the M2000C, so I don't know if these bugs have been squashed but not updated on the 1st post by the author, or if they're there still. Below I'm quoting only the items that really seem worrying to me, I'd be very happy if someone that owns the M2000C could confirm them or not...

-Fire light not working

-FBW Channel 5 not working

-Emergency gear lever not working

-FBW Test light always goes green even the FBW is faulted

-CM Box auto release not modeled

-INS Markpoint not working, at least marking is working but coordinate when accessing them is 00 00 000 000 00 000

-INS Update bug

-CCM Antenna bug, antenna doesn't going back to default position when locking to another target

-Radar antenna going back to default position when losing lock in BVR

-RD/RDO/Radar memory mode missing

-can't jettison 4 magic. bug

-radar B-scope mode incorrect projection

-radar scan volume indication bugs after losing lock

-CCRP related bugs (INS, ...)

-Kneeboard not working 2.5

-2.5 Quick alignment bug. see post #81.

-RDO Button TWS bug. see post #82.

-Bug, Can't refuel the RP-541 in Air to air refueling, it stop at the internal capacity (3140 Kg instead of 6200 Kg)

-CCIP Gun (CAS) Pipper bugged.

-PRF Selector High -> Int -> Low" and "Low -> Int -> High" shortcuts not working.

-Expended rocket canisters cannot be jettisoned because they disappear from the PCA.

-Closure rate of air target in TWS mode with target at close range. At less than 1-2NM aprox, closure rate switches to negative figures when closing in.

-After selecting and jettisioning external tank (RP), the radar in RWS will not lock any target because the RP is still hiddenly selected. You need to select eg an air to air missile so it deselects the RP.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

... I'd be very happy if someone that owns the M2000C could confirm them or not...

I'm not going to try to confirm them all, most of the list looks valid.

The only obvious one that looks wrong is the Kneeboard Map as it's working (the kneeboard 'map' pages were broken for all modules in 2.5 for a short while).

Note: IMHO none of the bugs on the list are show stoppers and some (like AAR of external tanks) require work from ED's side.

Yes, some bugs are annoying and some have been there a while but it's no more than that.

IMHO there's plenty of value in M-2000C package, if it wasn't on sale, and you were uncertain, I'd perhaps say wait if you aren't a fan of M-2000C or wary of the bug list but at a 50% sale discount, I'm pretty sure you'll get your money's worth out of it.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

^^ Thanks for the Reply, Ramsay.

Some stuff scared me because of my lack of Mirage knowledge, like the FBW channel 5 not working - I thought it meant constant lack of FBW control on some surfaces, but it turns out it's just an emergency power to the FBW system. Critical for any real airplane, but not for the game, I'd say. It seems like most of the list is stuff critical to the real plane but not critical to a Flaming Cliffs level of sim, certainly not show stoppers for quick combat missions. Looks to me like the devs made sure everything necessary for a working FC3 level plane was there and called it enough for this module...

Some bugs do seem like show stoppers, like the radar scan volume wrong indication and wrong B-scope projection, closure rate wrong on TWS when target is close, keyboard buttons not working for changing radar PRF modes, CCIP gun piper bugged. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of the Mirage again, but all these seem critical for combat.

The M2000C is such a cool jet, on top of that it's the most powerful fighter ever in service in my country's airforce, so I would love a reason to get it. I don't mind the price, I actually like paying full price on software that I enjoy, so I'm not worried about the sale. But based on what I'm seeing (in my limited view from outside), I'm currently leaning more towards not getting it.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Some bugs do seem like show stoppers, like the radar scan volume wrong indication and wrong B-scope projection, closure rate wrong on TWS when target is close, keyboard buttons not working for changing radar PRF modes, CCIP gun piper bugged. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of the Mirage again, but all these seem critical for combat.

The mirage is a great plane, but there are a few annoying bugs.

Changing PRF mode works correctly, i use it all the time.

Radar scan volume has no issues that impact gameplay, and B scope functions correctly.

Dropping tanks has a bug where sometimes you cannot lock, but if you remember to immediately select a new weapon after dropping the tank, this becomes a non issue.

The real annoying things are, right now:

- RWR is unclear, contacts clump near the center resulting in you not knowing which direction you are being locked from.

- Atm, anti collision lights are bugged and must be shut down (or risk epilepsy attacks). This is a new bug and will likely be solved soon.

- CCIP cannot drop some bombs precisely in some situations. You will miss.

- Wrong closure rate: true, and a bit annoying, but happens at a range where you can clearly see your target and estimate a closure rate. Still annoying sometimes when you are trying to judge if your IR missile will have energy to hit or not.

I still believe it is a gorgeous plane.

Edited by madeiner

I never noticed the TWS closure rate bug, because that’s the kind of range where you should be in STT lock. And when I have eyes on target, I use close combat mode, which lock STT.

This is true the M-2000C needs more work.

But if you want to do an air défense mission, you have what you need to communicate, navigate, follow the timing, build your SA and fight.

You can manage your 2 different radios, manage your Bullseye, choose which waypoint to display on radar screen and how to use it tactically.

I think it’s more interesting in missions with some kind of scenario and coordination than in random MP.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Thanks Madeiner and Jojo, that's the kind of clarifications I'm talking about. Stuff might seem scarier to an outsider (like me) than they really are. Plus, as the author of the list isn't updating it anymore, only owners if the M2000C know stuff that has already been corrected.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Yes, i'm still there and updating the first post when it's needed. As long as Razbam continue to work on 5 or more project module at the same time rather than updating the Mirage 2000C or the harrier, i'll be there, adding bug to the list. the "SHAME" list, i understand some bug are ED side but come on, where is the "We will improve the mirage 2000 with things we learnt from the harrier development"...

I love this module, but when you want to go hardcore digging into aircraft system, you always encounter a bug or a missing feature...

Will we have to wait 2023 to have a complete module ? (aircraft retiring from service)

Whatever you do Razbam, go on, but please don't do a Mirage 2000D ( my favorite plane) because you will ruin it so hard that i will have to quit this simulator and i dont want to

We that being said, tell me guys what can i remove from the list, Thanks.

-IFF Light not lighting up when contact does not reply

-IFF Central Panel partially clickable

-radar B-scope mode incorrect projection

- What IFF light ?

- What do you want to do with IFF transponder panel ? DCS doesn’t currently support its function.

- What do you call incorrect projection ?

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Yes, i'm still there and updating the first post when it's needed. As long as Razbam continue to work on 5 or more project module at the same time rather than updating the Mirage 2000C or the harrier, i'll be there, adding bug to the list. the "SHAME" list, i understand some bug are ED side but come on, where is the "We will improve the mirage 2000 with things we learnt from the harrier development"...

Still quite a long list....

For better readabilty and better tracking, I suggest to split the list in some chapters:

To be fixed by Razbam:

To be fixed by ED:

Fixed:

- What IFF light ?

- What do you want to do with IFF transponder panel ? DCS doesn’t currently support its function.

- What do you call incorrect projection ?

-IFF light at the top right front panel. Never managed to make it work.

-At least, input a code for each faction.

-I try to decipher this one, might be ejected from the list.

-IFF light at the top right front panel. Never managed to make it work.

-At least, input a code for each faction.

-I try to decipher this one, might be ejected from the list.

The IFF light is IFF transponder failure light. Nothing to do when the target doesn’t answer.

IFF system exist within DCS World frame. Razbam can’t do it on its side.

You’re blaming Razbam on IFF whereas it’s the first DCS module which doesn’t have automatic IFF interrogation.

I frequently use B-scope mode and I don’t see any issue.

Mirage fanatic !

The IFF light is IFF transponder failure light. Nothing to do when the target doesn’t answer.

IFF system exist within DCS World frame. Razbam can’t do it on its side.

You’re blaming Razbam on IFF whereas it’s the first DCS module which doesn’t have automatic IFF interrogation.

I frequently use B-scope mode and I don’t see any issue.

So i've never seen it lighted up, even with full damaged aircraft, do you confirm.

You're right about, this one is ejected for the moment.

Ejected too.

• 2 months later...
Something is also wrong with the hud closure indicator.

Look at the screens. Happens often in dogfights , even with light g's . Don't think that's related with the gun snake issue (that is also seen on the screens).

Are you in TWS (PID) ?

Mirage fanatic !