M2000 ctd when hit by air-to-air

Tango777

The ED IT team told me to post this here for the developers to study. The scenario is that whenever the M2000 is hit or damaged by an enemy air-to-air missle, DCS 2.0 locks up for a few seconds and then it causes DCS to ctd:

your problem obviously happens here (dcs.log):

01036.422 ERROR GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model M2KC-fragment-canopy.

01036.424 ERROR GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model M2KC-fragment-canopy-back.

01036.425 ERROR GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model M2KC-fragment-nose.

01036.604 INFO EDCORE: try to write dump information

01036.622 INFO EDCORE: # -------------- 20171118-003515 --------------

01036.643 INFO EDCORE: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\edCore.dll

so the problem in M2K module, please ask developers in forums

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Hi.

I had the exact same problem twice.

The first time I opened a ticket with ED, even if I did lot of repairs of DCS and re-installations I did not managed to get rid of the problem. I finally did a complete re-install of windows (for another problem) and from there it worked like a charm.

Few weeks a ago I experienced new crashes when hit, just after an express update of the Nvidia driver with GeforceExperience. I did a reinstall from a previous driver and everything went back in line.

I highly suspect that this bug is related to the GPU driver and not to Razbam.

Can you try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall the driver through a complete install (not express) ?

Edited by gemballa974

I will try the driver uninstall and complete install when I get home.

I did run a DCS repair right after my computer upgraded Win 10 to 1709, but I will run another repair.

Thank you both for your replies!

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

• 1 month later...