RB 04E Die With Pilot?

Horns

In the mission "Hunting the Hunters", it seems like when I die any in-flight RB 04Es cease approaching the target and either self destruct or fall into the ocean. Am I observing that correctly? Is that the way they are intended to behave?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I've never checked that myselft, but I think I've read about this issue before.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've never checked that myselft, but I think I've read about this issue before.

If you die, the missile dies too. Same with the Rb-15

Sounds like a bug to me...

Think it has been mentioned to be a limitation of DCS itself, not Viggen.

Thanks for confirming everyone. Good to know that this isn't just a 'me' problem lol. Also good to know it's to do with DCS, so it's beyond any third-party studios hands.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

This is unfortunately a DCS limitation. :(

Basically, in order to have "smart" missiles with our own "logic" - we had to make them "laser" guided. The issue is, that if the player dies, laser "guidance" is lost.

The solution is of course for us to have the ability to execute code on ordinance, not just the aircraft. We're petitioning ED for this functionality.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Basically, in order to have "smart" missiles with our own "logic" - we had to make them "laser" guided. The issue is, that if the player dies, laser "guidance" is lost.

The solution is of course for us to have the ability to execute code on ordinance, not just the aircraft. We're petitioning ED for this functionality.

Thanks for that insight Cobra. It is a shame that ED won’t allow you to add logic to allow ordnance to emulate the behavior of missile guidance more accurately. Here’s hoping ED see the sense in allowing third party devs to execute their own code on ordnance.

Thanks again.

The f18 will have agm 88 and agm 84 so i assume they have something in the works to avoid those missiles exploding :P

The f18 will have agm 88 and agm 84 so i assume they have something in the works to avoid those missiles exploding :P

Well, there's a difference in ED implementing something like this in their modules and a third party doing it. ED has a more direct access to the engine than the third parties does, but hopefully that does mean that they will be adding some kind of API to the SDK to support this

One more question please Cobra: Does this loss of guidance occur in any circumstances other than the player’s death, eg moving too far from the target?