Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Wags,

Many thanks for the update.

Having been in and out of ED's Sims from the very beginning with Flanker 1.0, (Who else here was part of Adamski's original Flanker Ladder? :D ) it has been encouraging to see how the original vision has persisted and continues to broaden in outlook.

Great stuff.. :thumbup:

FP

• Like 2

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great letter and much appreciated! Exciting we are weeks away.

• Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Dang, with the maintenance today and then the letter I have to admit I was hoping for a bit that tomorrow would not only bring the Harrier but also 2.5 laugh.gif

But "the following weeks" sounds good enough :thumbup:

What maintenance? All I see is something on January 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ED for the new communication with the community it is very much appreciated, from the F/A-18 mini-updates and videos to the screens of Hormuz and the new Caucuses! It is a great change and is helping the community build up more realistic expectations of when things will happen

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Just read the top...

Dear Pilots!

Due to scheduled maintenance of our servers, DCS website and E-Shop, Module Manager, and Multiplayer (master server) services will be unavailable on Tuesday, November 28 starting at 5 AM UTC.

Thank you for your patience,

The Eagle Dynamics IT Team

Great update and very much appreciated. thumbup.gif

Lots of things look forward to.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The letter is great and all, but it didn't answer the questions asked, it was just sounding off about how great the WW2 aspects are, which is fine, not my cup of tea, but each to there own.

We got a handful of sentences about 2.5, which didn't answer anything beyond "reaching a milestone". That doesn't answer anything, there are a LOT of milestones in engine development and game design, from what I know of the process. For all we know from the letter, it could be this time next year before they even announce a release date.

I know a fair few people that would be interested in playing DCS, if it didn't look like a game from 2009. I understand that there is a separate team working on the Normandy and WW2 stuff, but as it stands, Caucasus, in my opinion, should be top priority, so much so that it pulls all teams and manpower available to working on it.

Is it going to happen in 3 months? 6? A year? Or at least give us more info rather than a "reach a milestone".

Ending on a more positive not, It was very interesting to learn more about the history of ED that I didn't know about.

The Letter Stated 2.5 Will be released in a Matter of Weeks.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

the mentioning of Vulkan has me all excited....

Even Lower CPU Overhead and significantly higher performance rendering and even better mGPU integration..

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks Matt and the whole ED Team for all the work and staying with us constantly complaining and impatient community :thumbup:

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DCS team and associated 3rd party developers are making dreams come true for people who cannot, for whatever reason, step into these aircraft and be military aviators for real. Keep up the amazing work; I know of a LOT of loyal DCS users that are happy with how things are and the current progress.

Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan

Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals