Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

while we sometimes don't seems very grateful,

are you gratefull someone sells you your food at McDonalds?

also, no news on a real dedicated server for multiplay :(

• Like 3

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our first project: Su-27 Flanker 1.0 in 1995

I loved it, was one of my favorite games! Time flies... :cry_2:

We plan to release DCS World 2.5 in the coming weeks

I knew it was coming for christmas! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I knew it was coming for christmas! :)

Every week after right now is 'the coming weeks', not just the next four.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A great read and an honest statement :smilewink:

All the best for the next 27 years !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

you are indeed correct, and if 2.5 is actualy THE update that fixes all issues i have with the game atm i will indeed be gratefull that i have recieved it for free, untill then its all words and a game that has issues that have been voiced many times.

• Like 1

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

are you gratefull someone sells you your food at McDonalds?

Of course I’m grateful. Anyone who’s worked fast food knows the entitled d-bags they constantly have to deal with. Buying a product doesn’t mean you’re entitled to be a jerk.

Same with DCS. If I don’t like the product then I’ll simply restrict future purchases or research them more carefully. Not whine about how it didn’t meet my specific expectations out of the thousands of satisfied customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A well-worded letter confirming what we already knew. Funny how some things take repeated repeating before it hopefully sinks in :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I may be reading into this to much but is ED saying its developing the FC-17 or a third party?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Yes I was kinda sad that proper dedicated server was not mentioned anywhere

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Very good to hear this I am excited for the future of DCS I been here over a decade flying this Sim.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Wow... 27 years time flies... I actually bought Flanker 1.0 as soon as it hit the shelves in Denmark. and then the following Monday, I went and got Windows 95 so I could run Flanker 1.0...

Been along for the ride ever since. and it does appear that the future will be bright.

Won't start looking at things in any negative ways, we have a sim engine that is being constantly developed, a team behind it that care about the product, a pretty consistent regulation of 3rd party devs to ensure the consumers get a semblance of quality at the very least, and some very nice products have been released by several of the 3rd parts. I have kids, so the few more weeks... Cool, gives me ample time to get sh*t done for Christmas...

in short.

Thanks ED, great to see a brieff overview on the near future.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Oculus' API Doesnt Support SLi / XFire

Oh, I know. I was reading up on Vulkan/mGPU and noticed a post about another gaming company using mGPU to render both eyes in single pass. Significantly reducing the load. Something DCS really needs is further VR optimization.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Letter to Eagle Dynamics: Thanks for your work .. but¡¡¡

For ED... please read my message:

Letter from an fan:

I want to thank you for this years of effort as promoters of the virtual aviation industry, although in this there is no Oscar to reward, you deserve it, a team of many people and a great company, a company that since 2005 I follow and buy your products and I know they deserve a lot of recognition for their work, work that people in the forums do not recognize.

You are very great and great.

Without you, we would not have a respectable and honorable simulator at the Falcon 4.0 or USAF Janes level 20 years ago, but updated and ready for flight in 2018 with so many possibilities. deserves to be recognized as the great designer of flight simulators and the main competition in the virtual aeronautical field against FSX, Prepard 3D or IL2.

ED will be much bigger and more iconic than these simulators, which although they are in the field of virtual civil aviation, still do not understand the concept of realism. ED crosses borders.

I know in advance, that creating a product like DCS World is very complicated and that achieving the objectives that have been proposed is not an easy task.

But I want you to know that we your customers, your followers, your promoters in social networks, we will continue to support you, so that you keep the DCS flight simulator and take that idea of virtual realism further, just keep the pace. As customers we ask for a lot for little, it is not right we should give more for the great work that you do. But if we gave more many we could not access the simulator.

Therefore, it is always good to be heard and see through us what the future of the DCS simulator may be, therefore, I DO NOT WANT TO CRITICIZE ITS WORK, I WANT TO PROVIDE IDEAS and request more modules and tools, things that we hope and we would like have as customers in the coming years (2020-2030), such as:

- A MODULE OF A CESSNA AIRCRAFT (C206) OR PIPER ( PA-28 ) for basic training to improve training in virtual flight squads since its inception (That would avoid going to FSX to train with those planes);

- To be able to fly a realistic cockpit module of a REFUEL AIRCRAFT IN FLIGHT and AWACS with the positions of Pilot, co-pilot and refueling operator and MISSION in flight as multi-crew. (KC-10 / KC-135 / KC-137 for USA / Vickers VC10 for the RAF / IL-78 for Russian-made aircraft)

- A MODULE OF PRESIDENTIAL AIRCRAFT AS JUMBO B-747-400 OR B-737 and even an Airbus 320 only in military versions.

- A realistic module of the UH-60 or S-70 Black Hawk multi-mission helicopter

- The possibility of flying a realistic module of HERCULES AC-130 OR HIS VERSION OF LOAD H.

- At last, the Falcon F-16 returns to life in a DCS MODULE, which for the last 20 years has not been designed with a realist cabin (from Falcón 4.0), although we all know the trouble with Lockheed Martin license for their airplanes and more knowing that Prepard 3D belongs to them.

Sure Lockheed Martin sees as a competition for virtual aviation or at least we imagine in the networks, which is why, and therefore we have not seen these aircraft and others in future developments of the company..

- When we will see an OFFICIAL ground module for CAS / JTAC missions with REAL SOLDIERS IN FIRST PERSON. (If they design and release this, the profits will double to the P-51, of which you speak). It would be a good competition even for Call Of Duty ... JAJAJA ............ .. but ultra realistic level.

- Improve the whole navigation of the modern scenery, at the level of Jeppesen or using this tool even if they charge for it, it is still very late this navigation system for flight in the simulator and that takes away realism when performing an instrument flight.

- Improve runway approach systems, PAPI lights, runway start lights and night approach are still deficient.

- Create a definitive system of ATC both military and TMA and other flight control departments, this increases the realism and allows you to enjoy much more in the simulator and incidentally get away once and for all from the ATC of the AI ​​that is inconsistent in many cases..

- Bring the COMBINED ARMS module to the next generation, which allows controlling all, absolutely all the AI ​​(elements of land, sea and air and even climate) in real time inside the flight simulator, this dynamizes the virtual flights and operations military

- Create the definitive realistic climate control system, with clouds and displacement of realistic climatological events, that even allow a CAT II and CAT III approach in realistic conditions. The clouds are a crucial element in aerial combat because they can serve as a trench in a dogfight, something that is not fulfilled as it should be in the simulator and I hope to live to see how they improve it.

- Please, when we see the Middle East scenery? ... between Sinai and Syria, these years have been very hot in that area, it would be very convenient to have a scenary in one of the most active military zones of the last 50 years ( War of the 6 Days, War of Syria, etc).

- We have seen that they are designing aircraft from the time of Vietnam, such as the Huey UH-1H Mig-21 and the Phantom F-4, maybe we will see that scenary, would it be good news, would it be a good Christmas gift to know who designed that scenery the Vietnam?

- If they can not expand the Caucasus scenery for political issues in CRIMEA, it is possible that they continue to design it to the east, to take the entire coast of the CASPIO SEA scenery, which includes all of Azerbaijan, that would allow creating virtual conflicts between GEORGIA, AZERBAIJAN, the TALIBANES and even ISIS, which have had a lot of military interference, arms smuggling in the area.

- When will we see a scenery in Latin America, with the conflicts of the FALKLAND ISLANDS or the CARIBBEAN SEA (Conflicts of Cuba, Nicaragua, Colombia and Venezuela)?

Sure there are many other topics to touch, only I hope you read my message with the little handling of the English language that I have to write.

I am one of those who believe that instead of criticizing, we must contribute to the growth of ED and the DCS simulator and I hope you listen to my ideas and in a few years we will see them crystallized

Sincerely,

Edwar Torres "Spook"

Sergeant of the Colombian Army ®

Aeronautical Maintenance Technologist

Pilot and virtual instructor of DCS World and LOMAC since 2005 lover

Colombia, Bogotá

Edited by Spook
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great update, really appreciated! I have a bet going on with my brother whether 2.5 will (unexpectedly but very welcome of course) hit us still this year! If you deem it feasible to release this year, i stand to gain a jucy steak dinner....if not, i'll be spending the better part of an afternoon cooking nepali spicy chicken for my brother. So i'd like to have my steak please :)

AND: what really made my day; VULKAN Api...i salute you to this very smart choice! Multi threading, here we come...

Edited by sc_neo