Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Thanks Wags, 27years wow never thought it was that long! While I did have Flanker it was not one I played with much, I really have to wait until the Flight Sim show at the Hilton in Birmingham in 2003 when I got handed the demo of LOMAC and met some of the dev team that built made it, also was my first experience with VR at the show. It really has come on a long way since then, while it is frustrating waiting and waiting I know it takes time, a little info now and then helps.

Looking forward to the Coming of Weeks :D

(No, not you Kermit!)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Matt for your letter. I am also a happy customer since Flanker 1.0. I loved the dogfights with the flanker as well as the A/G missions. Flanker 2.0 was a great step forwards and Lock On was a also a great highlight. I was very disappointed like many others when you postponed the hornet by the end of 2016 but I know it‘s the waiting time worth and we will get a hornet in a top quality. I am looking forward to DCS 2.5, the hornet, the carriers and many others products. I hope there will be an update about the carriers soon. Thank you ED for your effort, always going forward and always following your dream. I spent many, many hours with the Flanker and DCS world and I also will spend many hours in the future with DCS. Thank you guys for everything!

great news ....but gaming prices are through the roof sadly. I wish i could afford more modules but not going to happen at these prices :(

“EAT MO ChiKen”...save $

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Something that slightly concerns me is the bit about having to rewrite all the missions and campaigns to work in 2.5

Does this mean that all the missions we have for 1.5 are going to be useless unless upgraded? That would be a real shame. In fact, it would be enough to make me put off updating for some time - though I suppose I could keep 1.5 either on the same pooter if it will be possible, or put it on my 2nd PC if not.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

We plan to release DCS World 2.5 in the coming weeks!

That is great news! thanks for the letter, and really you guys give the hobby its name. here is to 27 more years of flight simming!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thank you all ED, you don't make a game or a simulator, you make a hobby! Why is that? Because its expensive as hell! All jokes aside, worth every penny by the way and keep doing what you do, we love you!

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

My hope is for great continued success for Eagle Dynamics!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Well written and communicated. Appreciate ED keeping us informed. thank you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

My reaction of course to the 2.5 ...

source.gif

My days with ED began back in the Lock on era. Although my true passion is with the modern

combat aircraft I have enjoyed the WWII content almost as much. Knowing that my purchases

of the WWII go into sustaining and supporting the modern aircraft I will continue to purchase

modules and maps for that era as well.

Thanks for the insight Matt and a fist bump to the entire ED staff and 3rd party players for a great

product and continued success to you all! :thumbup:

zgpK3.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Something that slightly concerns me is the bit about having to rewrite all the missions and campaigns to work in 2.5

Does this mean that all the missions we have for 1.5 are going to be useless unless upgraded? That would be a real shame. In fact, it would be enough to make me put off updating for some time - though I suppose I could keep 1.5 either on the same pooter if it will be possible, or put it on my 2nd PC if not.

ED and 3rd parties are working hard to ensure official content is ready to fly at release.

As for user missions...yeah, anything that involves targets in the ground is likely going to need some attention. Many areas that were previously empty fields are now heavily forested.

DCS, and all who make it all work.. Thank you for the updates and hard work, I think I can speak for all of the AKA in giving a Huge, Thank you!

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I been playing since I was in grade school. (I think I was in grade 4, I'm now 33). SU-27 flanker was on the library computer. I was blown away by it, even though I had no clue what I was doing. (I still don't lol!)

I thank you and your team for all the hard work and the many years of enjoyment you guys have provided me.

I am looking forward to many more decades with this great sim.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

thank you ED for the 19 years and looking forward

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Thanks Wags,

Happy to say I've loved this sim since LOMAC and I'm never leaving.

"Naturally, all 3rd party projects are only made possible with very active, hands-on, technical support and creation of APIs from Eagle Dynamics."

Anyone >>> API means software code? Sorry, no habla.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S