Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Thanks to Dr. Tishin for the much appreciated update and thanks to all the ED team for 27 years of great fun. Like a lot of you I have played very many different flight sims over the years but DCS is now No.1 for me, I hardly spend any time with the others these days.

With the pace of change I am hopeful that before I die I will be able to experience DCS in high definition VR without feeling that I am wearing a snorkeling mask. Maybe then I will at last be able to get a kill flying the P-51D or Spitfire IX, flying the helicopters will be fantastic.

Looking forward to 2.5

Pete.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is / Vulcan

thanks so much for these news, the Vulcan API news is great

One question - maybe I have missed - what is an FC-17?

Intel i7 3770 (@4,1GHz), NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB RAM 1600MHz, Microsoft Sidewinder 2, Windows 10 Professional, Oculus Rift :pilotfly:

thanks so much for these news, the Vulcan API news is great

Lot more FPS:D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Thanks to all at ED for your hard work and dedication to making such a detailed flight sim that has given me so many hours of enjoyment. It was a great update and leaves me optimistic for the future of DCS.

One question - maybe I have missed - what is an FC-17?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC/PAC_JF-17_Thunder

• Like 1

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Because the Original Plan was to simply port the Old DCS Caucasus as is to the T4 Engine, and Label that DCS 2.5.

That plan didn't pan out, as there were obvious issues w/ the old Caucasus in the new Engine.

-Extensions of the Map's Area.

And a bunch of under the hood stuff.

Caucasus for 2.5 is essentially and simply an entirely new map module, nothing from the old Caucasus was kept, every aspect has been re-done.

If they can not expand the Caucasus scenery for political issues in CRIMEA, it is possible that they continue to design it to the east, to take the entire coast of the CASPIO SEA scenery, which includes all of Azerbaijan, that would allow creating virtual conflicts between GEORGIA, AZERBAIJAN, the TALIBANES and even ISIS, which have had a lot of military interference, arms smuggling in the area.

???????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wags,

Many thanks for the update.

Having been in and out of ED's Sims from the very beginning with Flanker 1.0, (Who else here was part of Adamski's original Flanker Ladder? :D ) it has been encouraging to see how the original vision has persisted and continues to broaden in outlook.

Great stuff.. :thumbup:

FP

Me too, I am in since Flanker 1.0, I have used the Ladder as well, flying on 56K modem from Eastern Europe :thumbup:

After last 10 years in dedicated Flanker squad I am about to step off and quit flying Flanker for the Hornet and then the Tomcat.

ED community has been huge part of my life. Thanks to everyone for everything, but especially to Eagle Dynamics for up-keeping my interest in their software and my sim hobby.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)