Barbecue incoming....

Silver_Dragon

Nice it won't be an issue if your already used to managing the Gazelle engine. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Nice it won't be an issue if your already used to managing the Gazelle engine. :)

Not true at all. The EGT limitations of the Huey are very easy to exceed as it's currently modeled. The Gazelle is quite easy to keep within limits.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Unloading fuel.

Just manage your takeoff weight relative to your mission and flight distance. You dont need 100% fuel always.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So....how are we going to takeoff/hover in a clean Huey without overheating engines? Just cruising at 90kts puts me on the yellow line. T/O and hover puts me at 700-750. This is with a clean Huey loaded with nothing but two pilots and fuel. 26C, sea level.

We seem to have very different ideas about what a 'clean Huey' is then.

Yah, I've been eagerly awaiting this and had all but given up on it.

BUT, we need to careful what we wish for. We'll see.

That said, I'M GRATEFUL TO THE DEVS FOR THEIR CONTINUED ATTENTION TO THE HUEY.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

So....how are we going to takeoff/hover in a clean Huey without overheating engines? Just cruising at 90kts puts me on the yellow line. T/O and hover puts me at 700-750. This is with a clean Huey loaded with nothing but two pilots and fuel. 26C, sea level.

so they must have changed these values as well?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Flight characteristics will change quite a bit, in fact, Huey will fly a bit different, extra care will be necessary in order to not overheat the engine. But don't worry, as long as you follow this chart and don't exceed the maximum takeoff power, you'll be fine. Keep in mind that you may go all the way up to 625°C without any problem, if necessary during the takeoff, once the transition of flight is complete, no reason to overheat the engine.

Sling loading will be interesting :D can't wait to try it out! very excited!

xXSMG63.png

Engine EGT limits were implemented

Fine tuning of the engine and hover modelling was done, discrepancy with real chart now not exceeding 2.7%

Thank you. The best news of the year so far. Time to wipe the cobwebs off the Huey when Nevada gets patched :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Mt Elbrus rescue should be interesting.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Ahhhhh smeg, does this mean I have to learn to fly the Huey correctly now. ;)

All joking apart, fantastic update been waiting a long time for this, honestly I cannot wait.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: