Both LOMAC and FC are in the mail!!! Please advise re: proper settings (8800GTX, etc)

So my copies of both LOMAC and FC are in the mail, and I should have the game shortly (perhaps 3 years late I know, but just now built a new rig). As you guys are the most knowledgable flightsim fanbase out there, I would love it if you guys could suggest for me the proper settings.

I will be running the game on an 8800GTX card via a DVI\HDMI cable into a 32" Westinghouse (1080i/720p) television. Although its native resolution is 1366 (or 1360)x768, for whatever reason, I am able to get higher resolutions (i.e. 1600x900 and one other higher one), and it appears to me that those higher resolutions make the demo look better, although it could be a placebo effect on the eyes. I have been advised that running games higher than 1360x768 is pointless because the display can generate no more pixels, but the higher resolutions do seem to make a difference to me and make the game look better. Some say that running it higher than 1360x768 results in a performance hit with no appreciable benefits, but the higher resolutions definitely make the game look more crisp.

Aside from the proper resolution into an HDTV, I am curious as to what modifications, if any, should be made to the .ini file to better play the game on a widescreen. Finally, should I enable special anti-aliasing/antistropic filtering settings for LockOn? Basically, for all of you guys playing the game on an HDTV or running it through an 8800GTX, please advise me as to your settings recommendations! Thank you guys so much!!!

Please post you complete system specs, LOMAC is very CPU intensive.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Intel E6400 CPU

2 gigs DDR2 RAM @ 800 mhz

ASUS P5B-E mobo

Raptor 150 HD

8800 GTX

I have been able to play the demo with everything maxed no problem. My main concern is (a) the proper resolution to run this game on an hdtv; and (b) what manual changes via the nvidia driver software I should institute; i.e. AA/filtering, etc.

AA and filtering is going to decrease your perfomance but your system is such that you wont have to worry about that much. I have AA off for perfomance and situational awareness reasons. You sease to spot enemy aircraft as whell as when you have AA off because they apear as a black dot at 12 miles. With AA on the black dot will be smudged out and you can only spot it from much closer.

Overall I dont expect you to have much perfomance issues, and you may want to play with the same resolution as your desktop is. Youll avoi stuttering this way. Appart from that you can afford to swich whatever resolution you can but I reccomend you to play at the native resolution of your monitor.

My PC specs below:

well, I am mainly looking for what others have done with a similar setup using an HDTV and also what types of manual GPU-related settings that people are using to make the game look the best.

I have little doubts that the game will run fine with most settings on high, what I'm really looking for is information on how to get the most out of this setup, something that a lot of the folks on here know a lot about.

BTW 8X AA with engine heat blur can cause anomalous low FPS on some machines.

My PC specs below:

Pilotasso, I appreciate the suggestions for sure. So really then it will come down to the difference between 1360x768 and 1920x1080 (or whatever it is) and how this affects performance/stuttering issues?

Like cali said you dont need AA at that high resolutions, but then again at 1920x1080 you wont have that resolution for real but an interpolation. You cant have more resolution than the number of pixels you have.

I said stutering apears when you set AAx8 and heat blur on in the game. For some reasons some cumputers dont like it and they get stuck on low FPS. It may or not hapen to you but I was just warning you so that you dont get disapointed by surprising low perfomance when its known issue of the game and not your systems fault.

My PC specs below:

those shots are looking fantastic. since my native res. is 1366 x 768, what does "interpolate" means as it applies to me running either 1600 x 900 or the 1920 x 1080 res? my intuition is it means some kind of conversion, but the real matter is whether or not it improves the image quality, right? what will interpolating my image do?

If you run at 1920x1080 you wont need to run AA. I run at 1650x1050 4aa and 4af, I really dont need to have them on, I just never changed it.

I do. I run 1920x1080 (native) on my 42" Westinghouse with evga 7950 and without 4x aa and 16x af... not the same. My settings in graphics.cfg

are somewhere between high and medium (more items toward the high

side:) ).

Basically, for all of you guys playing the game on an HDTV or running it through an 8800GTX, please advise me as to your settings recommendations! Thank you guys so much!!!

I use LockOn with an 8800GTX, Intel Duo Core @6600 and 2 GB Ram. And LockOn _doesn't_ run smoothly at 1280 x 1024 with the highest settings. when i start at Krasnodar-Airport (lots of city-textures there), i have less than 10 fps. I am wondering what hardware compilation would be necessary to make LockOn run smoothly. Fact is: nothing what you could buy these days.

And that's why i laugh about Ubis recommendation of 800 MHz. I guess it would be a nightmare to play LockOn with the recommended hardware, compared to what a result i notice with my High-end machine. It _must not be_ that a 3-year-old game slows down my computer that much with only "a few" city textures. it's not acceptable in my opinion.

An awesome game and my favorite at the moment, no question. But very badly optimized.

I use LockOn with an 8800GTX, Intel Duo Core @6600 and 2 GB Ram. And LockOn _doesn't_ run smoothly at 1280 x 1024 with the highest settings. when i start at Krasnodar-Airport (lots of city-textures there), i have less than 10 fps. I am wondering what hardware compilation would be necessary to make LockOn run smoothly. Fact is: nothing what you could buy these days.

And that's why i laugh about Ubis recommendation of 800 MHz. I guess it would be a nightmare to play LockOn with the recommended hardware, compared to what a result i notice with my High-end machine. It _must not be_ that a 3-year-old game slows down my computer that much with only "a few" city textures. it's not acceptable in my opinion.

An awesome game and my favorite at the moment, no question. But very badly optimized.

at the beginning of the thread there is a post saying things like heat blur and high AA levels (or even just certain drivers) can cause anomalous low fps. perhaps you should try turning that off?

at the beginning of the thread there is a post saying things like heat blur and high AA levels (or even just certain drivers) can cause anomalous low fps. perhaps you should try turning that off?
<br><br>

the heat blur doesn't effect my fps. how do i change the AA levels? there is nothing in the graphic-settings, neither in graphics.cfg

that system will rock out lomac. :D have fun!

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|