IMPORTANT: AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE!

Wags

• ED Team

Dear all,

With the release of the AV-8B today, it is import to know that this will be the first DCS World product that uses our new protection system. Rather than use StarForce keys, we are moving to a “keyless” system which binds your purchase to your http://www.dcs-world.com username, and NOT a key. You will not need a constant internet connection either. The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World.

This new system will also provide benefits for Steam users and Gifting. Once those details are worked out, we look forward to sharing them with you.

We strongly believe that this will make protection of your DCS World products much more simple. At a later point, we hope to apply this same protection system to all of our other modules.

Also, the AV-8B release today is for the Open Beta version of DCS World. Please make sure you use this version and that you update it today.

We must release all new aircraft modules on the Caucasus map first as not everyone may operate one of the DCS 2.1 maps. We don't believe it fair to force customers to purchase one of these maps to fly their new aircraft. We do though plan to update DCS 2.1 for the AV-8B in the next one to two weeks.

Thanks,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by Wags

Awesome. One question, is that just for the Harrier however?

The AV-8B NA is the first one. All mods released after the Harrier will have the same copy protection scheme.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I bought the Harrier, but it is not showing up for me either in the Modules Manager, or in the mission editor, etc ... How should I proceed to activate it?

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought the Harrier, but it is not showing up for me either in the Modules Manager, or in the mission editor, etc ... How should I proceed to activate it?

Which version do you have and is it Stable or Open Beta?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Which version do you have and is it Stable or Open Beta?

I have Open Beta. I think I found the problem, as it has been a long time since I did not fly in the Open Beta, it was out of date, I put it to upgrade before and it went to version 1.5.7 and not to version 1.5.8.

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you load the AV8B into the game? I pre-purchased it , but it does not appear in the module manager or the MIssion editor. People seem to be implying in the forum that it HAS been released today, but I see no sign of it, nor has there been any announcement on the DCS News that it is available.

How do you load the AV8B into the game? I pre-purchased it , but it does not appear in the module manager or the MIssion editor. People seem to be implying in the forum that it HAS been released today, but I see no sign of it, nor has there been any announcement on the DCS News that it is available.

.. and also DCS updater says there are no updates available. I have version 1.5.7.11762.396 so unsure what the forum references to version 1.5.8 are.

WE NEED SOME GUIDANCE AS TO

a. Is this module released yet

b. IF so how do we get DCS to install it

c. what version of DCS is required

CURRENTLY ITS ALL A TOTAL SHAMBLES .. POOR SHOW GUYS

Same as Silversmith - DCS Updater is not updating to 1.5.8.

Thanks for the link Hans - but I'd like to understand what the significance of 1.5.8 is, why there's no mention of the DCS Updater not updating it, where to get it if it's crucial that's required for install and why it's not been made public as to the whereabouts in the blurb on the Harrier.

Please tell me I don't need a THIRD install of DCS to use this module as I currently have 1.5.7 and 2.1.1 installed?

Getting issues with copy protection , i downloaded the Harrier from module manager , now when i start DCS i get errors

attachment.php?attachmentid=172894&stc=1&d=1511977252

attachment.php?attachmentid=172895&stc=1&d=1511977248

*edit*

seems ok now after 10 times that i restarted DCS

av1.PNG.cf1a794e0873e1dcddc1f93ec90d1858.PNG

av2.PNG.48fef1e39a891994dec549b064bdd5b1.PNG

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting issues with copy protection , i downloaded the Harrier from module manager , now when i start DCS i get errors

attachment.php?attachmentid=172894&stc=1&d=1511977252

attachment.php?attachmentid=172895&stc=1&d=1511977248

*edit*

seems ok now after 10 times that i restarted DCS

That looks like server overload.

OK, so You have to have the DCS OPEN BETA version (or install it from scratch). That version will auto Update to version 1.5.8. Then the AV8B will become available. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE STANDARD DCS WORLD VERSION or the DCS WORLD 2 OPEN ALPHA . MUST BE THE OPEN BETA

Note in my case I had to FORCE the install of 1.5.8, it did not auto-install when I launched the Open Beta version.

Why no-one 'official' could make a CLEAR ANNOUNCEMENT of that is unclear... I'm sure there are many totally confused/annoyed pre-purchasers which is NOT good customer relations.

Greetings!,Silversmith Wags say it..."Also, the AV-8B release today is for the Open Beta version of DCS World. Please make sure you use this version and that you update it today."

and remember that the autoupdater check is one time per day so if you open the game before the update you has to force it later...i hope it helps sorry for my bad english

• ED Team
OK, so You have to have the DCS OPEN BETA version (or install it from scratch). That version will auto Update to version 1.5.8. Then the AV8B will become available. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE STANDARD DCS WORLD VERSION or the DCS WORLD 2 OPEN ALPHA . MUST BE THE OPEN BETA

Note in my case I had to FORCE the install of 1.5.8, it did not auto-install when I launched the Open Beta version.

Why no-one 'official' could make a CLEAR ANNOUNCEMENT of that is unclear... I'm sure there are many totally confused/annoyed pre-purchasers which is NOT good customer relations.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304547&postcount=61

It says at the top of the notes that it would be in Open beta first. The DCS installer only checks once every 24 hours for a new update. You have to force it if you have run the installer within that time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Great news on the new copy protection system.

Bugger on needing Beta, its the only version I don't have. Big download incoming :(

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Dear all,

With the release of the AV-8B today, it is import to know that this will be the first DCS World product that uses our new protection system. Rather than use StarForce keys, we are moving to a “keyless” system which binds your purchase to your www.dcs-world.com username, and NOT a key. You will not need a constant internet connection either. The new system will just “phone home” after a four day period or the next time you log into DCS World.

This new system will also provide benefits for Steam users and Gifting. Once those details are worked out, we look forward to sharing them with you.

We strongly believe that this will make protection of your DCS World products much more simple. At a later point, we hope to apply this same protection system to all of our other modules.

Also, the AV-8B release today is for the Open Beta version of DCS World. Please make sure you use this version and that you update it today.

We must release all new aircraft modules on the Caucasus map first as not everyone may operate one of the DCS 2.1 maps. We don't believe it fair to force customers to purchase one of these maps to fly their new aircraft. We do though plan to update DCS 2.1 for the AV-8B in the next one to two weeks.

Thanks,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

And what happens if one loses internet connection at some point while the module wants to call home?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache