AV-8B NA Harrier pics.

Zeus67

I know it's a day attack, but given some pending projects around the community, felt the urge to share.

an-av-8b-harrier-aircraft-of-marine-attack-squadron-542-vma-542-descends-to-bcba81-1600.jpg

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...
u8pP950l.png

EkOyfSal.png

Z7BRdydl.png

47rNmFNl.png

Mvkvx3Fl.png

IL3EHNll.png

Which textures are you using for the bombs?

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Man i wish it looked 1/10th that good in VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

GS4ZXnL.jpg

AV-8B Harriers assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 365 (Rein), 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), conduct a live fire exercise over the Nevada Test and Training Range,

Nov. 15, 2011.

Those are GBU-38?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So I assume you can mod a lua to load the JDAM's? But not actually use them?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I bought this module not longe ago but I am learning and flying it non stop ever since.

Maybe I m wrong or maybe I m missing something, but it s nothing compared to Fa18c. The wepon systems are very difficult, the auto pilot is almost uselss (since it s working only at certain speeds and heights), it turns super slow, it is unstable AND is full of bugs. The only thing cool I can see is the vertical landing and take off.

Maybe I m doing somethin wrong or I watched the wrong tutorials but..that is what I think.

Question is: how wrong am I? :))

Hey guys,

I bought this module not longe ago but I am learning and flying it non stop ever since.

Maybe I m wrong or maybe I m missing something, but it s nothing compared to Fa18c. The wepon systems are very difficult, the auto pilot is almost uselss (since it s working only at certain speeds and heights), it turns super slow, it is unstable AND is full of bugs. The only thing cool I can see is the vertical landing and take off.

Maybe I m doing somethin wrong or I watched the wrong tutorials but..that is what I think.

Question is: how wrong am I? :))

Could you please explain why the weapon systems are very difficult?

You compare it to the F/A-18. This is a good point because the operation of weapon systems and UFC is similar. So I was able to easily use the weapons system right after I purchased the module this weekend. Without further ado... :book:

What are the bugs you experienced in detail? Would you please explain.

And to be honest, the AV8B does not turn super slow. It is very agile.

Check your hotas axis curves.:joystick::)

best regards

Leo

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

First of all..if u pull the stick hard the plane goes crazy. This doesn t happen at F18, where u can pull as hard and as long as u like.

About the weapons. Let s take mavericks for example. In F18 u only have to search for the target on the MFD, it auto locks the target and that s it.

In Harrier u have lock the ground first, then search for the target, then press another button to lock it.

In this tutorial it s even more complicated. First u use one screen for tv and then the other for target lock..all this while tryin to keep the plane steady.

> This doesn t happen at F18, where u can pull as hard and as long as u like.

The Harrier doesn't have fly by wire, there are no computers sorting everything out for you or preventing you flying out of the envelope. It's harder yes but more rewarding when you get it right, same deal with the F-14, F-5E, prop planes and helos.

Regarding SEAD

The AV8B is not really capable performing SEAD missions. The Sidearm is not compareable to AGM-88 HARM you have aboard the F/A-18. It has by far not the range and radar capabilities. Let´s say it is a weapon for self defense facing SAM that is a threat on your way accomplishing your mission (CAS etc.) I tried it my first flight, against SA8 it worked fine. You do not have to have a lock. The Sidearm searches and locks the strongest radarsignal. Just aim it in the direction of the SAM-site. It can reach it if in range.

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Samuel Beckett (?)

I tried again with some mavericks. MAYBE i m doin it the wrong way but this is the procedure: activate the tv, lock the ground, activate tpod, search the target, go to the left ddi, select the weapon, press cage, activate IRMV, lock the target, fire. All this while tryin to keep the plane steady while aproaching the target. Not to mention all keys that u have to remember :))

I donno, i like the planes feeling but I don t see how I can use it in a multiplayer mission where the active pause is not an option lol

Edited by Gabi_tro

... All this while tryin to keep the plane steady while aproaching the target. Not to mention all keys that u have to remember :))

I donno, i like the planes feeling but I don t see how I can use it in a multiplayer mission where the active pause is not an option lol

Why you do not use AFC Modes? Fly stable within given parameters, switch on AFC (+ALT Hold).

I am a beginner regarding the module, but i may advice you to read DCS Guide AV-8B N/A HARRIER II by Chuck. Best Tutorial(s) for operation i can find. :)

Samuel Beckett (?)

Why you do not use AFC Modes? Fly stable within given parameters, switch on AFC (+ALT Hold).

I am a beginner regarding the module, but i may advice you to read DCS Guide AV-8B N/A HARRIER II by Chuck. Best Tutorial(s) for operation i can find. :)

The AFC doesn t work at any hights and speeds