Can we export the MFDs to a 2nd screen like the A10?

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, just a quick question.

Is it possible to export the MFD displays to a 2nd screen, similar to how it works with the A10 and Blackshark?

Hoping to setup a couple of cougar mfds on a small 12” screen in the near future. So hoping I can set the Harrier up on the same file as the A10 as both would use identical settings, apart from mfd name I’m guessing.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

This Line is commented out in AV8BNA/Cockpit/MPCD/Indicator/MPCDR_init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

The same for the Left one. I tried uncommenting them, but nothing was exported. At least it looks like they "should" work the same was as the A10 at some point.

This Line is commented out in AV8BNA/Cockpit/MPCD/Indicator/MPCDR_init.lua

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

The same for the Left one. I tried uncommenting them, but nothing was exported. At least it looks like they "should" work the same was as the A10 at some point.

when in the cockpit use the [Left MPCD view export on/off] and [Right MPCD view export on/off]

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

when in the cockpit use the [Left MPCD view export on/off] and [Right MPCD view export on/off]

Is there a reason both the AV8B and M2000 require a separate key bind to activate the external viewports? None of the other modules require this.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Is there a reason both the AV8B and M2000 require a separate key bind to activate the external viewports? None of the other modules require this.

It is a development holdover.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

OK so I have bound the keys as suggested, and hitting them makes the MFCDs appear in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Now, I have:

* Added the following to my monitorsetup.lua (I have a 1920x1080 projector stacked "on top" of a 1920x1080 monitor that I want to display the MFCDs on). These are the same settings as I use for the A-10C MFCDs, I have just changed the names

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 67;

y = 120+1080;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1406;

y = 120+1080;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

* Enabled the commented out lines as indicated by mkiii above

* Made sure I have the updated ViewportHandling.lua in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit that defines the try_find_assigned_viewport macro

Ignore me, it works :)

The move to the Beta screwed me up, I forgot to choose the extended 1920x2160 resolution

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

It sounds like your "Center" viewport is covering both monitors. You need to make sure the GUI resolution setting is equal to the combined width/height of your monitors, but in the .lua file, you need to define Viewports that equal the size of each screen (or screens) that you intend to display to, with Center defining the main 3d screen position & size - note that this can cover multiple monitors. As in the example above, you also define the position and size of the MFD exports. There are lots of threads covering this.

Re Exporting: Strangely, I booted her up again today and the MFDs appeared on my 4th monitor without having to add a keystroke. So all good.

However, the beta is a bit badly behaved for me, and won't let me edit kestrokes from the GUI - black screen = result, meaning I have to quit via task manager. Not sure if that is just on the Harrier because I don't want to wipe any existing setups on other modules. I can still edit them in game so no biggie.

Hello!

Guys, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it doesn't work for me :/

In the outside view (F2) the two MFCDs get put on the second monitor, but if I go back to the cockpit view, the MFCD disappears from the second monitor... What could be the problem?

I've tried to rewrite my perfectly working file for the A-10C, but it didn't work that way either.

Help me & THX ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please DONT remove it!

I won't.

I will create a Special Option for enabling it from the flight start.

can you leave it as it is? switchable during flight?

He just said he's adding an option, the current implementation will remain an option.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Why do both MPCD's display on top of each other?

/edit, guess it needs some explanation. I'm running a widescreen 3440-1440p monitor. I assigned for both the left and right MCPD screens ON/OFF a keybind. The right MCPD shows up as it should on the right top of my screen. When I want to see my left MCPD it shows up on top of the right MCPD.

What file do I need to edit, and how should it look?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Koriel

Of course, find it below. You have to assign two keypresses/buttons in DCS for Right MFCD export and Left MFCD export (some key combination you are not going to use).

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Monitor+2MFD+Monitor');

Description = 'Monitor+2MFD+Monitor'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

}

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920+136;

y = 1080-600+20;

width = 530;

height = 530;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920+136+800;

y = 1080-600+9;

width = 530;

height = 530;

}

-- 1920x1080 (1), 800x600(2/3), 1920x1080(4)

-- Total: 5440x1080

For those of you that are having an issue with exporting the 2 MFCDs. Here is a really easy way to do it. Just run the program and you can drag and drop the displays where you want them...it will automatically set up the game: https://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html I'm using the 64 bit version and it works perfectly. Allows you to just drag the displays where you want them. It works perfectly with the AV-8B

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I have two monitors.

in cockpit: not work

outside the cockpit: works

why?

Did you bind the keystrokes for enabling the MFDs?

And then actually press the bound keys?

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai